Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d disagree a bit with this -call me a cynic but his divorce literally skinted him of his bank balance, ruined his relationship with his older kids and certainly dampened his 2016 leadership attempt. I reckon he knew to be leader he’d have to be seen to have a stable personal life, and Carrie looked the part and moved in the right circles. She does have a chequered employment history and a past relationship with the political editor of the sun and a rumoured affair with an ex mayoral candidate and not this one!

I think it works for now but whether they’ll stick it out after he isn’t PM and he’s knocking 65 and morphing into Stanley who knows 😱
I'm not sure..... she certainly seems calculating and it would appear she became pregnant the week he became PM. I don't think that was down to chance. I definitely think she is ambitious and is probably doing a lot behind the scenes.

I think there is the mentality that if it’s not taxpayers money who cares aura around all this.
He has gotten away with throwing taxpayer's money all over the place this past year as well though.

Reactions: 7
Even if it were public money I think he'd get away it. As has been said people are just enamoured with him to the point they'll overlook everything. The other part is there's a certain resignation since the days of the expenses scandal that they are all on the take and there's nothing we can do about it so why get up in arms about it.

Reactions: 6
I’d disagree a bit with this -call me a cynic but his divorce literally skinted him of his bank balance, ruined his relationship with his older kids and certainly dampened his 2016 leadership attempt. I reckon he knew to be leader he’d have to be seen to have a stable personal life, and Carrie looked the part and moved in the right circles. She does have a chequered employment history and a past relationship with the political editor of the sun and a rumoured affair with an ex mayoral candidate and not this one!

I think it works for now but whether they’ll stick it out after he isn’t PM and he’s knocking 65 and morphing into Stanley who knows 😱
Ha, ha, I doubt she will hang around

Reactions: 2
Boris has just created another vacancy?

Seriously, why would any woman want to marry him; with his track record.
It is not like he even has any money, all those kids he has to pay for.

Not that I would marry a man for money, just saying...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She’s got the goods on him. I’m sure he basically does whatever she wants under threat of her anonymously leaking things to the press. He doesn’t give a tit about organic food or redecorating their flat - that’s pure Carrie. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to get married again and probably didn’t want another child. He just always takes the path of least resistance.

It’s still entirely his fault - if he didn’t want another child, wear a bleeping condom!

She’s got the goods on him. I’m sure he basically does whatever she wants under threat of her anonymously leaking things to the press. He doesn’t give a tit about organic food or redecorating their flat - that’s pure Carrie. And I’m sure he doesn’t want to get married again and probably didn’t want another child. He just always takes the path of least resistance.

It’s still entirely his fault - if he didn’t want another child, wear a bleeping condom!
He has 6 already, get the snip! If he knew how to use a condom he wouldnt have got at least 4 mistresses pregnant

Reactions: 2
I wonder which of his Tory donors will have the honour of paying for the wedding 🙈
Exactly what I was thinking! There's no way he'll be able to afford what she will want. I reckon it will cost half a million easily. And I agree, he is not the one ordering organic food or doing the hideous redecoration. And we all know who got rid of Cummings. Really worrying. I wonder if it's actually Carrie that will be his downfall. Here's hoping!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Exactly what I was thinking! There's no way he'll be able to afford what she will want. I reckon it will cost half a million easily. And I agree, he is not the one ordering organic food or doing the hideous redecoration. And we all know who got rid of Cummings. Really worrying. I wonder if it's actually Carrie that will be his downfall. Here's hoping!!
I think she will. Tories are already blaming everything on her. She's gone from animal loving good influence to 'Carrie Antoinette'. I dont think they will get married. She will realise he really cant afford a £££ 3rd wedding.

Reactions: 4
I think she will. Tories are already blaming everything on her. She's gone from animal loving good influence to 'Carrie Antoinette'. I dont think they will get married. She will realise he really cant afford a £££ 3rd wedding.
Well he can't afford £3000 takeaways a month, holidays or a nanny (like most normal people!!) but she's got all those. I'm suspicious about the 2022 wedding date. She's turning into a complete liability and I seriously doubt he wants to get married again.

Reactions: 3
He seems like the very definition of trying to sustain a lifestyle that he can't afford. Which for someone on £150k a year from his main job, plus who knows what else from other employment, is actually quite impressive in its own way.

Reactions: 8
Well he can't afford £3000 takeaways a month, holidays or a nanny (like most normal people!!) but she's got all those. I'm suspicious about the 2022 wedding date. She's turning into a complete liability and I seriously doubt he wants to get married again.
I don’t mean to single out this post at all but it bugs me that Carrie Symonds is repeatedly painted as this Machiavellian figure when what she is is just an ambitious woman who’s evidently adept at pulling levers to get ahead - making her absolutely no better or worse than the men in the circles in which she moves.

it pulls my head off that she’s seen as scheming, ruthless, devious when it is the man whom she is marrying who is the much greater concern to the actual lives of people living in the UK right now.

rant over.

It certainly sounds like a big wedding if save the date cards are being sent out over a year in Advance (It will surely be in August as that is the only time he would be able to fit in a honeymoon due to the Commonwelath games being in Birmingham at the end of July and Boris would be expected to attend both ceremonies)

Reactions: 1
I don’t mean to single out this post at all but it bugs me that Carrie Symonds is repeatedly painted as this Machiavellian figure when what she is is just an ambitious woman who’s evidently adept at pulling levers to get ahead - making her absolutely no better or worse than the men in the circles in which she moves.

it pulls my head off that she’s seen as scheming, ruthless, devious when it is the man whom she is marrying who is the much greater concern to the actual lives of people living in the UK right now.

rant over.
I have no doubt he is worse in every way but the fact of the matter is that he was overwhelmingly voted in to be Prime Minister by the deluded people of the UK. She was not. She has undue political influence and that is completely wrong in my opinion and has nothing to do with the face she is a woman.

Reactions: 8
The PM's partner having some influence either behind the scenes or more publicly is not exactly uncommon though (see Denis Thatcher for an example of the former and Cherie Blair for the latter). Others (eg Sarah Brown, Phillip May) prefer to stay out of sight. Then you have people like Samantha Cameron, who seemed to like the limelight but never really bothered with the influence.

Reactions: 4
Not massively surprising that he would, but also neither is what he's saying.
Definitely had a jibe at Carrie (I don't believe a word the creep says but if it's true - God help us, let them eat cake springs to mind). I 100% believe what he's said about Hancock - hopelessly out of his depth, should not be in such an important job. And he's spot on about the cabinet - beyond dreadful.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.