Boris Johnson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is an interesting one. I'm inclined to say no as most people don't really know much about politics or don't care. However, when the media decide they are going to make a big deal of something, people do start taking notice. An obvious one is the MP's expense scandal. That system had been in place since the beginning of time and everyone 'in the know' knew they had a blank cheque for expenses and the majority of them abused it. For some reason, The Telegraph decided they were going to go in hard on them for it and it became a national scandal.

I have been wondering for some time if Murdoch is biding his time with BJ. The Times have been absolutely scathing with the mishandling of Covid but nothing has stuck as yet. But I have my suspicions............ the down side being of course, Gove is Murdoch's man. So out of the frying pan........

And obviously with someone like BJ, they still exist! I'm wondering if it's down to NDAs. But the whole Arcuri thing (and the public money he gave her!) didn't even raise an eyebrow.

Johnson has cultivated the image of being the loveable rogue. The cheeky chappie. By design or by accident is another thing but it does give him a certain protection in that people jus accept 'it's just Boris' hence the Arcuri thing just disappearing. No one cared and it came as no surprise. Sex scandals aren't what they used to be ;)

Johnson biggest problem is he sold his soul in order to become PM and he owes someone, somehwhere and when he has served his usefulness he'll be gone. I've always thought his position has always been very fragile.

Reactions: 6
Johnson has cultivated the image of being the loveable rogue. The cheeky chappie. By design or by accident is another thing but it does give him a certain protection in that people jus accept 'it's just Boris' hence the Arcuri thing just disappearing. No one cared and it came as no surprise. Sex scandals aren't what they used to be ;)

Johnson biggest problem is he sold his soul in order to become PM and he owes someone, somehwhere and when he has served his usefulness he'll be gone. I've always thought his position has always been very fragile.
Johnson was popular, which is why they chose him, but when this wears off, which it will, there are a lot of MP's and Peers who will be happy to knife him in the back. According to several of his biographers, Johnson is a loner with very friends, although his treatment of people tends to show why.

Reactions: 3
Johnson was popular, which is why they chose him, but when this wears off, which it will, there are a lot of MP's and Peers who will be happy to knife him in the back. According to several of his biographers, Johnson is a loner with very friends, although his treatment of people tends to show why.
Johnny Mercer wasn't going for a stab in the back. That was a full frontal assault.

• Haha
Cummings is firing back with all cylinders this could get messy although I'm sure he'd be under some kind of confidentiality agreement.

Anyway. Any gossip about the rest of the cabinet or anyone in politics. We really don’t get sex scandals anymore.
This week's popbitch:

"> A house divided? <<
What’s happening in Westminster?

There’s already a pretty hefty amount of sleaze and suspicion sloshing around Westminster at the minute, and it seems as though Fleet Street may have a new story to toss into the trough too. Lobby hacks were asking some rather pointed questions about rumoured ministerial use of a grace-and-favour flat in Admiralty Arch at a briefing this week.

Though details were sparse, it’s unlikely to relate to the Johnson/Arcuri affair that’s back in the news – because the shagging in that took place at their own residences. It’s unlikely to be connected to any of David Cameron’s recent lobbying efforts either – as he’s no longer a minister.

So who could it be? And could this have anything to do with the persistent Westminster rumour that there’s been a rift in the once unshakeable Gove-Vine union?"

• Wow
Reactions: 4
This week's popbitch:

"> A house divided? <<
What’s happening in Westminster?

There’s already a pretty hefty amount of sleaze and suspicion sloshing around Westminster at the minute, and it seems as though Fleet Street may have a new story to toss into the trough too. Lobby hacks were asking some rather pointed questions about rumoured ministerial use of a grace-and-favour flat in Admiralty Arch at a briefing this week.

Though details were sparse, it’s unlikely to relate to the Johnson/Arcuri affair that’s back in the news – because the shagging in that took place at their own residences. It’s unlikely to be connected to any of David Cameron’s recent lobbying efforts either – as he’s no longer a minister.

So who could it be? And could this have anything to do with the persistent Westminster rumour that there’s been a rift in the once unshakeable Gove-Vine union?"
Could it be to do with Carries " friend " ? Cummings has touched on it .

Reactions: 2
Cummings is firing back with all cylinders this could get messy although I'm sure he'd be under some kind of confidentiality agreement.
Only in terms of national security.

Dominic Grieve firing on all cylinders this morning calling Boris 'a vacuum of integrity'.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm Irish and looking at this story with interest from Ireland where even he has destroyed the unionists in northern Ireland's trust in the union :LOL:. He is a compulsive liar.

I actually don't believe Cummings leaked the info. I think it was the MP who is nowhere to be seen.
The chickens are coming home to roost now for Bojo

I'm Irish and looking at this story with interest from Ireland where even he has destroyed the unionists in northern Ireland's trust in the union :LOL:. He is a compulsive liar.

I actually don't believe Cummings leaked the info. I think it was the MP who is nowhere to be seen.
The chickens are coming home to roost now for Bojo
I think they’re trying to frame Cummings 😅 it wouldn’t surprise me if it was Carrie leaked it to one of her friends, whoever it is they’re high up on Boris’s list of favourite people if he’s willing to go that far to protect them.

Only in terms of national security.

Dominic Grieve firing on all cylinders this morning calling Boris 'a vacuum of integrity'.
I love a good mud slinging match we get a lot of juicy gossip then 😂

Reactions: 2
This week's popbitch:

"> A house divided? <<

Well that's put me off my lunch... who could Gove be shagging? Literally the only woman I can think of is Liz Truss, who has form for shagging outside her marriage.

• Sick
  • Haha
With friends like Dom (Cummings and Grieve) who needs enemies eh?

Revenge being always a dish best served cold, BloJo must have known his comeuppance would arrive.

Wonder how long Carrie will stay in situ, given that her man's star could well be soon on the wane, not to mention the viola player in the background and Ms Arcuri of course.

Reactions: 9

Revenge being always a dish best served cold, BloJo must have known his comeuppance would arrive.

Wonder how long Carrie will stay in situ, given that her man's star could well be soon on the wane, not to mention the viola player in the background and Ms Arcuri of course.
She'll stay with him as long as she needs him. Plus even if he is kicked out of office all post-war Prime Minister (except Harold Wilson) have become millionaires, so the alimony will keep coming in. Win win for her.

I wonder is she still there ? there was no sign of her at Chequers when he stepped out alone to pay his respects to Prince Philip.

She'll stay with him as long as she needs him. Plus even if he is kicked out of office all post-war Prime Minister (except Harold Wilson) have become millionaires, so the alimony will keep coming in. Win win for her.
She's been rarely seen since she gave birth maybe the baby made her lose interest in him and get her priorities in order.

Well that's put me off my lunch... who could Gove be shagging? Literally the only woman I can think of is Liz Truss, who has form for shagging outside her marriage.
It would have to be someone hoping for career advancement or brain dead!

• Haha
I'd rather shag Boris than that slimy d**head Gove. At least Boris would probably make an effort :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)
To roll out of bed !! 😂 someone said the other night Boris always looks like he's just come from a really satisfying shag:ROFLMAO: I hope it wasn't with you Emerald ;)

• Haha
To roll out of bed !! 😂 someone said the other night Boris always looks like he's just come from a really satisfying shag:ROFLMAO: I hope it wasn't with you Emerald ;)
😇😷🤪

This is embarrassing but I have a thing for men in power so I kinda would

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.