Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So is crazy rich Asians in a series of books? I honestly didn’t realise is there a specific order they should be read in?

Reactions: 2
I LOVE how similar we all are when it comes to books on here 🥰📚

So is crazy rich Asians in a series of books? I honestly didn’t realise is there a specific order they should be read in?
yes!!! There are 3! I really enjoyed them! Like the ‘I Heart’ series by Kelk I have an emotional connection to them/that time 😂

CRA
China Rich Girlfriend
Rich People's Problems.

Reactions: 5
It’s so nice to discuss on here... my bank isn’t enjoying it though as can’t stop buying books! Can’t wait for the library to re open!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I LOVE how similar we all are when it comes to books on here 🥰📚

yes!!! There are 3! I really enjoyed them! Like the ‘I Heart’ series by Kelk I have an emotional connection to them/that time 😂

CRA
China Rich Girlfriend
Rich People's Problems.
I watched the film but haven't read the books might give them a go. I usually never watch films before the books but I was on a long flight and needed it!

Reactions: 3
if anyone wants a nice easy read with a bit of escapism (it's set in Sicily) then i recommend The House by the Sea by Louise Douglas on amazon prime reading it's free! it's a good balance of heartbreaking, heartwarming with mystery/thriller elements :)

Reactions: 6
I watched the film but haven't read the books might give them a go. I usually never watch films before the books but I was on a long flight and needed it!
I preferred the books! I think they’re making the second one as well.

if anyone wants a nice easy read with a bit of escapism (it's set in Sicily) then i recommend The House by the Sea by Louise Douglas on amazon prime reading it's free! it's a good balance of heartbreaking, heartwarming with mystery/thriller elements :)
Thank you for the head's up, just downloaded it now :)

I’m currently reading behind her eyes....I’m actually really enjoying it even if I’ve heard lots of negatives about the Netflix series! Has anyone else read it?

Reactions: 1
Behind closed doors is a book I've recently enjoyed by B A Paris. It's not new but i really got into it.

Reactions: 3
If anyone wants an short, easy but lovely read, I'd recommend All My Friends Are Superheroes. It's only a 100 something pages, and really good for easing one back into reading after a long break.

I’m reading Don’t You Forget About Me. Not loving it though. About half way through so just going to push on and hope it picks up a bit.
Not been a member at the library for years, always just bought books. But think I might register once it opens again.

I’m reading Don’t You Forget About Me. Not loving it though. About half way through so just going to push on and hope it picks up a bit.
Not been a member at the library for years, always just bought books. But think I might register once it opens again.
Please do! Libraries are going to struggle going forward, always an easy target for cuts.

• Heart
Behind closed doors is a book I've recently enjoyed by B A Paris. It's not new but i really got into it.
Another book I didn't enjoy, thought it was overrated tbh. Mind you I don't think anything can surpass my dislike for The Wisdom of Sally Red Shoes. OMG it went on and on about nothing and the ending was so obvious.

Currently reading The House party and it's not gripping me even though I'm half way through. Has a bit of a Jessica Fletcher vibe to it 🤣

For those who are missing their libraries, have you checked if they do e books?
My library uses the “Libby” app. Obviously there aren’t as many e books as physical books in the library and I have to reserve a lot and wait at the moment due to demand but it’s not bad.

For those who are missing their libraries, have you checked if they do e books?
My library uses the “Libby” app. Obviously there aren’t as many e books as physical books in the library and I have to reserve a lot and wait at the moment due to demand but it’s not bad.
My library use borrow box and RBdigital. Definitely check as it is free access to ebooks and audiobooks

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.