Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Newbie here! They aren’t the most intellectual of books but I really like the random grabs you find in the supermarket. Here are some I have read recently and enjoyed! Let me know if you have read any and what you thought.

My Lovely Wife - Samantha Downing
The Family Upstairs - Lisa Jewell
Truly Madly Guilty - Liane Moriarty
Nine Perfect Strangers - Liane Moriarty
The Woman in the Window - A J Finn
Sweet Little Lies - Caz Frear
Someone we know - Shari Lapena
The Rumour - Lesley Kara
An Unwanted Guest - Shari Lapena
Watching You - Lisa Jewell
The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Anyone read anything by Philippa Gregory? What would you recommend I read first?

Anyone read anythingby Philippa Gregory? What would you recommend I read first?

Anyone read anything by Philippa Gregory? What would you recommend I read first?

Anyone read anythingby Philippa Gregory? What would you recommend I read first?
I’ve read most of hers. I started with the other Boleyn girl which was great. Haven’t read her in a while though so there are probably lots more I need to catch up on.

Newbie here! They aren’t the most intellectual of books but I really like the random grabs you find in the supermarket. Here are some I have read recently and enjoyed! Let me know if you have read any and what you thought.

My Lovely Wife - Samantha Downing
The Family Upstairs - Lisa Jewell
Truly Madly Guilty - Liane Moriarty
Nine Perfect Strangers - Liane Moriarty
The Woman in the Window - A J Finn
Sweet Little Lies - Caz Frear
Someone we know - Shari Lapena
The Rumour - Lesley Kara
An Unwanted Guest - Shari Lapena
Watching You - Lisa Jewell
The Couple Next Door - Shari Lapena
I’ve read all the Shari Lapena ones and loved them. If you like those try Fiona Barton as she writes similar ones and I loved those too.

Reactions: 3
I used to read all her books - historical fiction with a nice bit of sex !
her Tudor books are good, The Other Boleyn Girl,The Other Queen and the Queens Fool were enjoyable.

Reactions: 4
Great thread! I would catch up but my kindle has an embarrassing number of unread books plus I have a whole shelf of books to read too.

Reactions: 1
I’m currently reading The Southern Book Clubs Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix which I’m loving.

Other recent favourites have been The Silent Patient and The Book of Lost Friends

Reactions: 2
I’ve gotten into autobiography’s at the moment and have recently read Elton Johns and about to start on Pete Paphides.

Just finished where the crawdads sing. Beautiful. Read it in a day.

Now onto everything I never told you.

Anything by John Marrs or JP Delaney, particularly The Passengers and The Girl Before.
Oh thanks, Ive read 'The girl before' was a great book, The Passengers sounds really good Im going to have to give that a read.(y)

Just finished where the crawdads sing. Beautiful. Read it in a day.

Now onto everything I never told you.
I’ve got Where the Crawdads Sing lined up to start today! Not my usual read at all but trying to branch out more as I seem to just read thrillers or crime novels.

I'm currently reading The Day She Disappeared by Christobel Kent.

It's OK but she writes weird, I've only ever read one book of hers before, The Crooked House, and that felt the same.

The first few chapters I'm always confused as to who is who and their relevance, them all of a sudden the story clicks and make sense.

On the kindle I have 13 Dates by Matt Dunne on the go. Quite easy reading so far. I always have two books on the go. One for day reading and the kindle for night as Husband needs the light off to sleep!

Reactions: 1
Just finihed reading normal People, i’m a little disappointed tbh, heard such good things about the book and i just felt a bit flat after finishing it, was looking forward to watching the show.

didnt connect to either of the main characters and the found the whole brother thing was weird.

Just finihed reading normal People, i’m a little disappointed tbh, heard such good things about the book and i just felt a bit flat after finishing it, was looking forward to watching the show.

didnt connect to either of the main characters and the found the whole brother thing was weird.
I’ve got it on my list to read but not sure I’ll enjoy it. Willing to try as I’ve heard so many good reviews.

Thank you to the person that recommended the Jackson Brodie series by Kate Atkinson. Just finished the first and onto the second!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.