Books! What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I need to go back to Good Reads 😂
For anyone that likes Police Detective Thrillers, I cannot recommend the author Charlie Gallagher highly enough. I don’t think he’s too well known but his books are amazing.
Peter James is also great but I think his best books were his earlier ones.

Reactions: 2
Last year I read a tit load of books and this year only 3 so far.

I have read:
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple which I would give 3/5 to.
Something In the Water by Catherine Steadman - 4/5
And Cilka's Journey, 4/5. I thought The Tattooist of Auschwitz was better. Cilka's Journey seemed to really drag on.

Right now I am reading The Goldfinch. Has anyone else read it?

I am really grateful for the Libby library app otherwise I would spend a fortune on books. I am going to read through this thread and see what you recommend and add to my Goodreads list.

Reactions: 3
Loved the Goldfinch, one of my favourite ever books but it does drag a bit in places. The film is tit!

I'm new, but a friend recommended The Last Mrs Parrish by Liv Constantine to me and I stayed up all night! I've since recommended it to others, including self proclaimed picky readers, and they've enjoyed it too

I've been reading a few Emma Hannigan books lately.

Irish based fiction, proper comfort reading combined with cups of tea, ryvita crackers and strong cheddar.

It's weird, I have to eat strong chedder and ryvita when reading Irish based books, no idea why. Same when I read Patricia Scanlan books.

And I love the Irish words/phrases they use

Gassed, put the cup the in press, deadly, etc

Reactions: 1
Just finished The Cows by Dawn O’Porter - didn’t rate it for the first half of the book then couldn’t put it down. I did laugh out loud at some parts too. Would recommend.

Also read Blood Orange and absolutely loved it. Read in a day. Currently reading Anatomy of a Scandal & it’s ZZZZZ

Just finished The Cows by Dawn O’Porter - didn’t rate it for the first half of the book then couldn’t put it down. I did laugh out loud at some parts too. Would recommend.

Also read Blood Orange and absolutely loved it. Read in a day. Currently reading Anatomy of a Scandal & it’s ZZZZZ
Loved The Cows but preferred her latest book, So Lucky.
Really enjoyed Blood Orange too, the ending 😱😱😱

People who have enjoyed my dark Vanessa, you’ll enjoy tampa (similar subject matter. I actually think tampa is a better book)

The nightingale by Kristin Hannah.

i’m not usually a fan of world war 2 books but this is probably my 2nd fav book I have read this year. Stays with you days after finishing it.

Really recommend it

Currently reading The Boys from Brazil, have read nearly all of Ira Levin's novels now. Planning on reading Nothing to Envy by Barbara Demick next.

If anyone enjoys thrillers, I recently read The Hunting Party and The Guest List - both by Lucy Foley !

I’m a fully grown adult but I just ordered some Jacqueline Wilson books 😂 Her books were my life growing up and I’ve been desperately craving that childhood nostalgia to take my mind off things in my life. Anyone remember the Girls In Love/Out Late/Under Pressure series? I lived through those books growing up and kept feeling such an urge to read them again. So I am

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.