Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to be nosy but do they not allow printed books into where you are? I just thought it sounds incredibly isolating and wondered if this applied to other patients too. And I'm sorry to hear you're still stuck there too.
Oh they do allow actual books, I have a little pile of books on my shelf. I was basically paralysed from the neck down and have so far only regained the use of my thumbs, but they are really weak. I just can't hold an actual book or turn the pages. I don't really like the Kindle but am thrilled to be able to use it so I can read!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Oh they do allow actual books, I have a little pile of books on my shelf. I was basically paralysed from the neck down and have so far only regained the use of my thumbs, but they are really weak. I just can't hold an actual book or turn the pages. I don't really like the Kindle but am thrilled to be able to use it so I can read!
Goodness me - how awful! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just broken up with my boyfriend of almost 2 years - any recommendations for good post break up books?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just broken up with my boyfriend of almost 2 years - any recommendations for good post break up books?
The lido and the switch? I feel like they were feel good books. Harry Potter! (But that’s niche) or if you’ve read all them, the fan fic all the young dudes!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

I heart New York - girl breaks up with her bf and runs off to NYC.

I’m going to start keeping a note of books I borrow from the library and putting the money aside. Bet I’ll save a fortune. Got 3 books out just now.
Fantastic idea! I will join you on that one. I worked out my amount so far so I’ll start my little pot off with that 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know! I haven’t pre-ordered tbh as I haven’t read her last couple. But it does sound good so I will wait until it’s 99p on kindle maybe. I see she is over in the UK for a tour too.
I really didn’t enjoy the about a girl series, in case you missed it was good, but the cover of her new one has reeled me in 😂

Sending you lots of love and support @ordinaryjelly ❤

Reactions: 1
Just finished The guest list, I know it got mixed reviews but I enjoyed it. Now going to go for Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton which will be book 50 of the year,whoop whoop!

Just finished The guest list, I know it got mixed reviews but I enjoyed it. Now going to go for Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton which will be book 50 of the year,whoop whoop!
Three hours is good one!

Reactions: 3
Three Hours was my first book of the year and I’m now on my 48th but it has remained my absolute favourite of the year!

Reactions: 5
Oh my goodness, I'm so terribly sorry that has happened to you. My first thought was that it was a Covid related restriction (and I'm sorry for prying - I was partly outraged that you might have been banned access to books). I don't know what else to say but do take care and, if you're comfortable with sharing, let us know how you're getting on?

• Heart
How wonderful is it though that Kindle has probably enabled many to continue physically reading. Holding a book and turning pages does require a bit of dexterity.

I know there are audiobooks but its not the same.

On that note I finished Celeste Ng - Everything I Never Told You on Audible. I dont know what I feel about it. It wasnt at all what I thought it would be? Maybe thats my fault 😂 Id definitely have given up had I read it though. Has anyone else read it? Thoughts?

Audible have a 2 for 1 sale and some good books on that. Last House On Needless Street, Lies I told by Harriet Tyce, Man Called Ove.

Ive ended up getting Lisa Taddeo Animal as I wanted to read it. Cant pass up a 2 for 1 🙈 I had credits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Audible have a 2 for 1 sale and some good books on that. Last House On Needless Street, Lies I told by Harriet Tyce, Man Called Ove.
ooh thanks for the Audible sale alert - For less than £19 I have now completed my "Chronicles of St Mary's" collection by Jodi Taylor and now own all 12 (book 13 is being released next year I think). The narrator on this (Jodi Ramm) is brilliant - her voice really holds my attention.

I've just finished two celeb autobiographies on the run "Love and Fury" by Paris Fury and "Harvey and Me" by Katie Price (not really a fan, more of a celebrity gossip junkie". I paid full price for both and neither was worth it - I wish I'd have displayed more patience and hung on until they are inevitably reduced to 99p in a future Kindle Monthly sale.

I'm now reading Book 12 of the above mentioned St Mary's Collection. I borrowed the first 5 books from the Library so I think when I get paid I will buy the first five book on Kindle so I've got them all.

Looking back at my Good Reads for this year (managed 32 so far), the books I have actually loved are..
- Mrs England by Stacey Halls (historical fiction)
- Spring Posy / Autun Posy / Spring Posy - by Michelle Vernals a time slip mystery / fun & easy read
- The End of Men by Christina Sweeney-Baird
- Girl One - Sarah Flannery-Murphy
- The recovery of Rose Gold - Stephanie Wroebel
- Little Bones by N V Peacock
- Girl A by Abigail Dean

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.