Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just started my Amazon Prime reads selection for November which is One Small Mistake by Dandy Smith.
So far it’s pretty good, I oove a thriller/crime novel

Reactions: 5
Was tempted to read the new Dani Atkins book as her stuff is always guaranteed to be good.

but the reviews are awful. I’m pissed 😂

Reactions: 1
Bought my mum Eleanor Oliphant for Christmas. It’s in my top 3 books and I’m going to be genuinely upset if she doesn’t like it 😭🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Bought my mum Eleanor Oliphant for Christmas. It’s in my top 3 books and I’m going to be genuinely upset if she doesn’t like it 😭🤣🤣
Brace yourself! One of the books I’ve read with the most polarising reviews 😂😂

Reactions: 2
I thought it was awful 😂😂😂 but if we all like the same books the world would be that bit more boring

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just finished reading a book on the Kindle and thought I had about 18% left to go. No, it turns out there's a sample of the author's other book so I didn't realise I was so close to the end! Does anyone else get annoyed by this?

Reactions: 7
Just finished reading a book on the Kindle and thought I had about 18% left to go. No, it turns out there's a sample of the author's other book so I didn't realise I was so close to the end! Does anyone else get annoyed by this?
I HATE this!!! Had it with a book last week and was so disappointed as the book just ended without being wrapped up, whereas I thought I had another chapter or two to wind it up. More annoyingly, it was a sample of their previous book that I have already read.

I have had it with audiobooks too, where it says 20 minutes remaining, but it is just a long ass author's note that I have no interest in.

I can't stand it when that happens on Kindle, I actually wrote to Avon Books and complained about it. They responded and wrote a long message about Kindle clicks = more money or something. It is so annoying, I would cosy down and think I have 20% of a book to go but no, it is over without a proper goodbye.

I thought it was awful 😂😂😂 but if we all like the same books the world would be that bit more boring
i hated it too, didn’t see the fuss about it.

same with the dutch house, the SHITTEST book i have ever read, and I have read 50 shades of grey! 🤣

Oh yes. I was reading a Poirot and it said I had an hour left so when he started solving it I assumed it was a red herring and then next thing I knew it had finished, so I felt like I didn't get to enjoy the reveal because I didn't realise it was the reveal!

The extra hour was just a synopsis of every other Poirot book FFS.

• Haha
Nah I love it because it means I’ve finished the book sooner than I intended 😂

• Haha
Yes🤬 I do!

Reactions: 3
Yes, does my head in. Or book club questions.
I get angry at this 😂 it’s almost like an author/publisher is assuming the book is worthy of a book club place when it hasn’t even been out 5 minutes. So many American authors love to do this.

Reactions: 7
I get angry at this 😂 it’s almost like an author/publisher is assuming the book is worthy of a book club place when it hasn’t even been out 5 minutes. So many American authors love to do this.
I quite secretly like book club questions (whilst also hating that it makes you think the book is longer than it is) I always answer them in my head!

Reactions: 4
Nah I love it because it means I’ve finished the book sooner than I intended 😂
I’m the same! I find it’s like a little reward when I see The End but there still pages left, means I can move to my next book and continue my reading challenge quicker.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.