Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I prefer non fiction / biographies / auto biographies (doesnt need to be a famous person if theyve got an interesting story to tell) on Audible but currently listening to Celeste Ng - Everything I Never Told You and enjoying it.
You might like Cathy Rentzenbrink's The Last Act of Love, about her life before and after her brother was involved in a hit and run. It's a bleak story at times, but it's told well. I also enjoyed Dear Reader: The Comfort and Joy of Books by the same author.

Reactions: 2
I recently listened to Hidden Valley Road on Audible, it is about the Galvin family who had 12 children and half of them were diagnosed with schizophrenia. It is about why that happened, nature v nurture etc, it was fascinating.
Wow this sounds so interesting! Added to my wish list.

Reactions: 1
Just finished The Last House On Needless Street and after my initial concerns about the cat POV’s, I am delighted to say I ended up loving it. Truly compelling and original - one of the best books I’ve read in ages.

Reactions: 4
I'm reading Dominicana by Angie Cruz. I'm enjoying it even if the writing style is taking a bit of getting used to.

I'm getting close to hitting my good reads target of 30 books this year! (Which doesn't sound like much but I usually read about 2 or 3 books a year 😂)

Reactions: 6
I have Dominicana and the Last House on Needless Street on my kindle tbr pile!

I finished So Lucky by Dawn O Porter this morn. Not my usual reads but nice page turner that I got through quickly.

Finished Bring me back by BA Paris last night. Was really good but then the ending spoiled the whole thing.
Big load of horse poop 💩

• Sad
This is going to hurt by Adam kay (if I only had one access to one audiobook I’d make it this)

My thoughts exactly by lily allen was good

But in all honestly the Thursday murder club was great via audible as was the squeal (you could even preorder the 3rd one)
Also purely for narrator (Stephen fry) or Neil Gaiman! Honestly the sexiest voice ever, so soothing

Reactions: 3
This is going to hurt by Adam kay (if I only had one access to one audiobook I’d make it this)

But in all honestly the Thursday murder club was great via audible as was the squeal (you could even preorder the 3rd one)
Also purely for narrator (Stephen fry) or Neil Gaiman! Honestly the sexiest voice ever, so soothing
This is going to hurt is brilliant on audio isnt it. Think it was my 1st audible.

I have the Thursday Murder Club in hardback and cant bring myself to pick it up. I just havent bothered so that may be a good shout actually.

I'm enjoying the farm so far. It is a hardback and I feel like it is taking me ages to read it! Hopefully things pick up and I can finish it by the weekend. I am aiming to read 1 library book a week.

If you get a chance to see Adam Kay live he’s great! He live reads the book with musical interludes.

Hadn't read anything in a while and picked up The Last Mrs Parrish on Monday. Couldn't wait to pick it up again and finished last night. Really enjoyed it, kept me gripped right through although I did see the ending coming 3/4 of the way in.

Just finished pretty girls- it was so good. It’s a very hard read and very graphic so definitely a trigger warning if anyone does want to read it, but it had me hooked straight away and couldn’t put it down. Kept me guessing till the last minute.

Hadn't read anything in a while and picked up The Last Mrs Parrish on Monday. Couldn't wait to pick it up again and finished last night. Really enjoyed it, kept me gripped right through although I did see the ending coming 3/4 of the way in.
I’m reading this after seeing your post. I’m totally gripped and really enjoying it, thank you.

I've finished the farm. I had to force myself to keep reading it. I feel like it had a good premise but didn't really hit the spot for me. I'm glad I didn't buy it!
Next up is The Coven by Lizzie Fry. I am hoping to start this tomorrow.

This is definitely true for me and a few more of you on here! 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I started reading the song of achilles last night and I can't wait to be done with work and continue reading it tonight 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.