Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tempted to ask admin to automatically remove any posts that say โ€œ***** is only 99p on kindleโ€ in order to save me from myself ๐Ÿ˜

Just like an alcoholic would ask their friends to lock away the Bacardi Breezer before they go home.

(yes I did say Bacardi Breezer. ๐Ÿ˜
the OG one obviously)
I used to love Bacardi Breezers - the lime one was the best! ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
As long as itโ€™s not MD 2020 weโ€™re ok. Banana and cherry was particularly potent if I remember correctly

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Pineapple were the dream. The best.

I used to make fat frogs with pineapple rather than orange. Absolutely delicious.

Ive got heartburn just thinking about it now. I dont think I could manage even a sip without Gaviscon ๐Ÿ˜‚
Another blast from the past - fat frogs! Iโ€™d totally forgotten about those! I remember me and my now husband drinking quiet a lot of those on the last night of our first holiday together and being sick as dogs on the plane on the way home the next day - classy ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you're all drinking Bacardi does that mean I get the Smirnoff Ice's to myself? :LOL:
God yes, you can have all the Smirnoff iceโ€™s to yourself - vile things ๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: 1
What have I started ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

the book thread Christmas party.
Bacardi Breezers, Smirnoff ice in a pint glass (remember they tried to make this a thing in pubs ๐Ÿ˜‚?)
A tunnocks tea cake, or a snowball ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Itโ€™s my birthday today and I got a kindle voucher worth ยฃ40 off a friend ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ looks like i canโ€™t be on a book buying ban anymore!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I bought A Man Called Ove and Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (both 99p atm if anyone wants to be enabled ๐Ÿ˜‚ #notsponsored), has anyone read them? I loved Beartown and Us Against You by him so much (as I think I've posted several times .. haha) so am hoping they live up to my high expectations of him. He does write characters very well in the two I've read by him, so I'm intrigued about his other books. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I bought A Man Called Ove and Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (both 99p atm if anyone wants to be enabled ๐Ÿ˜‚ #notsponsored), has anyone read them? I loved Beartown and Us Against You by him so much (as I think I've posted several times .. haha) so am hoping they live up to my high expectations of him. He does write characters very well in the two I've read by him, so I'm intrigued about his other books. ๐Ÿ˜Š
I have just started a man called Ove, really enjoying it so far. Agree with the characters, he is making someone who should be unlikeable be likeable in this so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ove is one of my favourite books ever. I loved it. They actually did a really decent film version of it. Itโ€™s both funny and sad. X

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Iโ€™ve just finished Baby Itโ€™s Cold Outside by Emily Bell (also 99p on kindle ๐Ÿ˜‚). Loved it!

Here I am with another 99p book. But my gosh. This book tore my heart apart. It is a fictional story about human trafficking, so many times I held my breath and paused before I could turn the pages. I feel like I will be haunted by Thanh for the rest of my life.

It needs a trigger warning for abuse though, it is brutal at points and hard to read but it is well written. It feels a bit odd to say this is one of my favourite reads this year when the subject matter is so difficult, but it is.

Amazon product

• Heart
Here I am with another 99p book. But my gosh. This book tore my heart apart. It is a fictional story about human trafficking, so many times I held my breath and paused before I could turn the pages. I feel like I will be haunted by Thanh for the rest of my life.

It needs a trigger warning for abuse though, it is brutal at points and hard to read but it is well written. It feels a bit odd to say this is one of my favourite reads this year when the subject matter is so difficult, but it is.

Amazon product
Just bought this - thank you!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.