Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Caffeine Fiend thanks again for the Audible heads up, I’m loving it! Don’t know why I’ve not signed up sooner.

Last night I finished reading The Street Party. It was really boring.

Today I’ve finished listening to When You Disappeared by John Marr. I’d already bought it to read and it turned out to have audio format too, as have two others I’ve already purchased.

I don’t think I’ve disliked a character more than Simon Nicholson! I don’t know if I felt more invested because it was being read to me as opposed to me reading it myself

I found it quite easy to have two books on the go when it’s reading one and listening to the other, although not at the exact same time of course!

Reactions: 3
@Caffeine Fiend thanks again for the Audible heads up, I’m loving it! Don’t know why I’ve not signed up sooner.

Last night I finished reading The Street Party. It was really boring.

Today I’ve finished listening to When You Disappeared by John Marr. I’d already bought it to read and it turned out to have audio format too, as have two others I’ve already purchased.

I don’t think I’ve disliked a character more than Simon Nicholson! I don’t know if I felt more invested because it was being read to me as opposed to me reading it myself

I found it quite easy to have two books on the go when it’s reading one and listening to the other, although not at the exact same time of course!
AND THE LIBRARY!!!!!!!! GO USE THE LIBRARY AUDIOBOOKS!!!!

my library apps are more important to me than most family members 😂

I can have 2 audiobooks and one physical book on the go now 😍 I just watch and listen to nothing else 😂 but I can listen at 1.75 now and I ADORE IT!!!

im trying to listen to books I would never read normally. So it’s a different experience to reading just for enjoyment in a way.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I just bought a Christmas book - Miracle on Regent Street by Ali Harris as it was 99p. I read her other books Written in the Stars and The First Last Kiss a few years ago and loved them so hopefully this one is good!

I don't understand how some of you read more than one book at a time. I hate starting a new book if I haven't finished the precvious one.

Anyway One Small Mistake from amazon prime reads was brilliant. I finished it last night and would highly recommend if you like a good thriller.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just bought a Christmas book - Miracle on Regent Street by Ali Harris as it was 99p. I read her other books Written in the Stars and The First Last Kiss a few years ago and loved them so hopefully this one is good!
It’s not awful 😂 it’s like the cornflakes of the cereal world, it’s a typical Christmas book, you can tell it’s her first book though, from what I remember she got better with every book!

I don't understand how some of you read more than one book at a time. I hate starting a new book if I haven't finished the precvious one.

Anyway One Small Mistake from amazon prime reads was brilliant. I finished it last night and would highly recommend if you like a good thriller.
for me it’s no different to watching 2/3 tv series at a time!

Reactions: 4
Has anyone read any Simon Mayo books? Something about him I don’t like and can’t put my finger on what it is. Still reading one of his books though 😂 Knife Edge. Not bad so far but only read a little bit.

This is a fun little game to win book tokens!
It’s hard this year! I got there with the help of google and Twitter 😆

Reactions: 1
Has anyone read any Simon Mayo books? Something about him I don’t like and can’t put my finger on what it is. Still reading one of his books though 😂 Knife Edge. Not bad so far but only read a little bit.

It’s hard this year! I got there with the help of google and Twitter 😆
What sort of books does he write?

I’m about to start Good Cop Bad Cop by Simon Kernick.
Fingers crossed I’m not dissapointed. It seems like a very twisty plot

What sort of books does he write?

I’m about to start Good Cop Bad Cop by Simon Kernick.
Fingers crossed I’m not dissapointed. It seems like a very twisty plot
Knife Edge is a thriller type book I think? A series of connected, targeted stabbings in London so far.

I always have at least 3 on the go.

1 from the library - anatomy of a scandal
1 audio book - the perfect wife
1 on my kindle - the ex hex

For me it means I have a book for every situation

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Can't quite get back into reading at the moment, so looking for short, fast reads to kickstart my reading again! Extra bonus points if it's queer.

I always have at least 3 on the go.

1 from the library - anatomy of a scandal
1 audio book - the perfect wife
1 on my kindle - the ex hex

For me it means I have a book for every situation
I understand maybe reading and then listening to an audio book at the same time but I couldn't do a kindle and book. Nope, I get too engrossed in one book that it needs my full attention

Reactions: 4
I understand maybe reading and then listening to an audio book at the same time but I couldn't do a kindle and book. Nope, I get too engrossed in one book that it needs my full attention
I don't like reading my kindle in the bath even though it is waterproof

I tend to read library books in there as they have a plastic cover 🤣

• Haha
I don't like reading my kindle in the bath even though it is waterproof

I tend to read library books in there as they have a plastic cover 🤣
Oh no! I only read kindle in the bath because even if it gets some splashed in it, it works fine.

Reactions: 2
I was in the Imperial War Museum yesterday and in the bookshop I picked up a copy of Anne Franks Diary and started reading it for the nostalgia and to my huge surprise it was different from how I remembered it. I then realised I must have had an abridged version as a child with a lot cut out of it. So I’ve ordered the unabridged version for my kindle and I’m going to read that next. I was obsessed with Anne as a child, I even kept a diary like she did.
We had just been into the Holocaust exhibition (so incredibly moving and almost unbearable) so it feels right.

Reactions: 8
It might be controversial but I don't see the appeal of reading in the bath 🙈 I pretty much only read in or on my bed. I used to read at work sometimes on my lunch break but that's it. I used to get travel sick on the tube 😂

@twilightgarden Thanks for sharing the link. I'm stuck on 16/20. I will head over to twitter to try to figure out the rest

Reactions: 5
I'll read anywhere, but I do usually only have one book on the go at a time.

I read Maid today, it made me cry a couple of times. I wanted to read the book before watching the tv series.

Reactions: 7
It might be controversial but I don't see the appeal of reading in the bath 🙈 I pretty much only read in or on my bed. I used to read at work sometimes on my lunch break but that's it. I used to get travel sick on the tube 😂

@twilightgarden Thanks for sharing the link. I'm stuck on 16/20. I will head over to twitter to try to figure out the rest
I can read absolutely anywhere.

But the bath is one of my favourite places! Hot bubbley bath, glass of wine, relax and read for hours!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.