Books #5 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It might be controversial but I don't see the appeal of reading in the bath šŸ™ˆ I pretty much only read in or on my bed. I used to read at work sometimes on my lunch break but that's it. I used to get travel sick on the tube šŸ˜‚

@twilightgarden Thanks for sharing the link. I'm stuck on 16/20. I will head over to twitter to try to figure out the rest
Oh itā€™s bloody relaxing! Iā€™ve done it for ages but then I spend ages in the bath šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ so itā€™s just nice to switch off after a hard day at work

Reactions: 6
I listen to audio books in the bath,
But I could never physically read a book in the bath, baths are for scrubbing and buffing and shaving and washing, itā€™s a military operation šŸ˜‚

I have knocked an almost new phone into a full bath, with bubbles šŸ˜ that was a dark day, it took about a month for the speaker to return to normal.
but yes an iPhone can survive hot water and bubbles šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I track through good reads. Have never seen the appeal of reading in the bath it makes me too anxious and I canā€™t enjoy my book lol.

just finished Magpie, starting The Foundation. I didnā€™t know wether to start this as Iā€™m also watching it on tv and if I get too far in the book Iā€™ll spoil it for myself but Iā€™m just too hyped šŸ˜©, was between that and Dune.

Reactions: 1
I once dropped my brand new bought that very morning on release day copy of Order of the Phoenix in the bath. Did I finish the book while the pages were still drying out? Why yes I did!

Currently I think I have 2 non-fiction (one audio book, one physical) and 2 fiction books (one physical, one kindle) on the go? A book for every mood/location.

Reactions: 5
I've finished book 3 from the library - Hazards of time travel by Joyce Carol Oates.

Next up is Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir. Love his other two books so excited to read this one. But it is hardback and really heavy to hold. Maybe I would have been best spending Ā£8 on kindle šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve been reading beautiful world where are you this weekend after picking it up from the libraryā€¦.not sure how I feel about it! Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend

Reactions: 6
Iā€™ve been reading beautiful world where are you this weekend after picking it up from the libraryā€¦.not sure how I feel about it! Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend
I didnā€™t like it at all, thankfully I got it on audiobook from the library so I didnā€™t invest that much effort into it. I realise now I just donā€™t gel with sally rooney.

Finished Lindsey Kelks new book today, and two books from Shari Lapena I really enjoyed, her latest, not a happy family is very good!
And an unwanted guest was worth a read, not as good as Iā€™d hoped it would be in the beginning. Might also have read a Christmas book šŸ˜ I did.

Reactions: 2
I didnā€™t like it at all, thankfully I got it on audiobook from the library so I didnā€™t invest that much effort into it. I realise now I just donā€™t gel with sally rooney.

Finished Lindsey Kelks new book today, and two books from Shari Lapena I really enjoyed, her latest, not a happy family is very good!
And an unwanted guest was worth a read, not as good as Iā€™d hoped it would be in the beginning. Might also have read a Christmas book šŸ˜ I did.
What did you think of the ending of not a happy family? I felt it was a bit rushed but enjoyed the book overall!
Iā€™m determined to finish this sally Rooney I have to pay Ā£1 for each library reservation so want my moneys worth šŸ˜‚

Finished The Appeal by Janice Hallett which was brilliant. Really different type of read. Just started Hold Him Close by Emily Koch. Anyone read that?

Would you recommend Kelk's books? I only vaguely know of her through social media/podcasts?

What did you think of the ending of not a happy family? I felt it was a bit rushed but enjoyed the book overall!
I donā€™t read many thrillers but thatā€™s so true! I found the same with the unwanted guest, if not more so. it feels like they have such potential and the plot is really interesting, but the author got bored towards the end and wrapped them up quickly without putting much thought into it. I did still like it though, although I hated all the characters.

Would you recommend Kelk's books? I only vaguely know of her through social media/podcasts?
Yes! Especially the I heart series, Iā€™d recommend the lot!
I didnā€™t like the ā€˜about a girlā€™ series, and the stand alones are hit and miss, on a night like this was cute and a good read overall, but nothing will top the i ā¤ Books!

I find her annoying on SM now sheā€™s a fully fledged American to be honest šŸ˜‚ I miss the Lindsey from about 6 years ago who was just genuinely lovely online.

Yes! Especially the I heart series, Iā€™d recommend the lot!
I didnā€™t like the ā€˜about a girlā€™ series, and the stand alones are hit and miss, on a night like this was cute and a good read overall, but nothing will top the i ā¤ Books!

I find her annoying on SM now sheā€™s a fully fledged American to be honest šŸ˜‚ I miss the Lindsey from about 6 years ago who was just genuinely lovely online.
ha yes! her presence online had me a bit reticent but her books seem like ideal comfort reading. Excellent, shall try a I heart on my kindle!

Definitely! I feel like her endings are the equivalent of ā€œthen I woke up and it was all a dreamā€ we all loved to use in primary school! This was the first Shari Lapena book Iā€™ve read but Iā€™ve just checked and Iā€™ve got The end of her and The couple next door on my kindle so Iā€™ll give them a read eventually

It was the first book I read by Sally Rooney and I didn't like it at all actually. I got very bored, especially with the email chapters

Iā€™m reading The Night Watch by Sarah Waters at the moment. Itā€™s a big old book set during the Second World War in London - the story starts in 1947 and moves backwards to 1941.

Itā€™s a gorgeous, engrossing read. Iā€™ve not read any other novels by Waters, but will definitely seek out others now.

I donā€™t read many thrillers but thatā€™s so true! I found the same with the unwanted guest, if not more so. it feels like they have such potential and the plot is really interesting, but the author got bored towards the end and wrapped them up quickly without putting much thought into it. I did still like it though, although I hated all the characters.

Definitely! I feel like her endings are the equivalent of ā€œthen I woke up and it was all a dreamā€ we all loved to use in primary school! This was the first
It was the first book I read by Sally Rooney and I didn't like it at all actually. I got very bored, especially with the email chapters
The email chapters are boring the life out of me too I find myself skimming over these pages as I canā€™t make sense about what theyā€™re talking about anyway šŸ˜‚

ha yes! her presence online had me a bit reticent but her books seem like ideal comfort reading. Excellent, shall try a I heart on my kindle!
sheā€™s changed so much to the girl she was šŸ„± I had to unfollow her a while back because I just wasnā€™t interested anymore,
She does seem a genuinely nice woman though just a bitā€¦. Different, so different to what I liked about her to begin with šŸ˜­

finally got around to starting Sophie Kinsellaā€™s new book the party crasher.
feels a bit like all of her other books already, sometimes the constant forced ā€œhumourā€ Sophie tries to write with just gets exhausting to read, itā€™s what I started to dislike about her shopaholic series, and the stand alone books always seemed worse, she doesnā€™t seem to have changed. She destroys what could be a good plot with stupid situations that, while attempting to be funny, donā€™t ever hit the mark.
šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Letā€™s see how it goes anyway!

Iā€™m reading The Night Watch by Sarah Waters at the moment. Itā€™s a big old book set during the Second World War in London - the story starts in 1947 and moves backwards to 1941.

Itā€™s a gorgeous, engrossing read. Iā€™ve not read any other novels by Waters, but will definitely seek out others now.
ooh that's a good one and I really recommend to reed her others works as well.I really liked the paying guests

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.