Books #4 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont have a favourite author really but I have a rew special authors that stick out to me. It was Ian Rankins Rebus books which got me into thrillers. I was maybe about 13/14 when I read my first Rebus book. I think it was actually Knots and Crosses I read first.

I also absolutely loved Mario Puzo's The Godfather. I remember reading it twice on a family holiday when I was 15. The awkward type of holiday where youre too old to go away with folks but too young to stay at home. It was so hot the sun melted the book glue and pages fell out 😂 I ended up buying another copy when I got home which I still re-read to this day 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I miss you guys!!!! Work is crazy. Buying a house is crazy. My kindle is sitting there looking at me tempting me.

I am curious - does anyone have a favourite author? Who are they and why are they your favourite? Do you buy every book they release?
I like Lindsey Kelk. Her books were what got me into reading for fun. I've met her before and she was nice. We were in Vegas together at the same time and I saw her and was so starstruck! And I've been to an event with her there too. I loved her books but as I've matured I can't enjoy the recent ones as much. I haven't read I heart hawaii or a couple of her newer ones. But doesn't stop me from buying them!

I also like John Marrs, Bethany Chambers, Gillian Flynn and Peter Swanson. I've bought and read all of their books.
I read a Karin Slaughter book recently (The Silent Wife) and absolutely loved it. Then read The Good Daughter and loved it as much… so have a few more of hers lined up.

I do quite like Lisa Jewell for a quick and easy read.

I had a Marian Keyes book on my bookshelf for ages ( The Woman who stole my life) and finally got round to reading it this year, really liked it and subsequently enjoyed the next one of hers too…(grown ups)

Reactions: 4
I miss you guys!!!! Work is crazy. Buying a house is crazy. My kindle is sitting there looking at me tempting me.

I am curious - does anyone have a favourite author? Who are they and why are they your favourite? Do you buy every book they release?
I like Lindsey Kelk. Her books were what got me into reading for fun. I've met her before and she was nice. We were in Vegas together at the same time and I saw her and was so starstruck! And I've been to an event with her there too. I loved her books but as I've matured I can't enjoy the recent ones as much. I haven't read I heart hawaii or a couple of her newer ones. But doesn't stop me from buying them!

I also like John Marrs, Bethany Chambers, Gillian Flynn and Peter Swanson. I've bought and read all of their books.
I love Kathy Reichs, John Connolly, Cody McFadyen, Karin Slaughter and Tess Geritsen. I usually buy all of their books.

Reactions: 2

Anne Tyler is my all-time favourite author.

My favourite author is probably Agatha Christie. So obviously, there’s a finite number of her works. Thankfully my brain works in such a way that I almost always forget the whodunnit and so I can reread the books and rewatch the adaptations. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just finished Foursome by Jane Fallon.
Nice, easy read which is just what I needed.

Now reading I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron.

My favourite author is probably Agatha Christie. So obviously, there’s a finite number of her works. Thankfully my brain works in such a way that I almost always forget the whodunnit and so I can reread the books and rewatch the adaptations. 😆
Yeah Agatha Christie for me too, luckily that woman never took a day off so I still have loads to go through. I'm almost done with Poirot though.

I also love Stephen King, I noticed the other day he has a new book out soon and went to pre order and saw "you pre-ordered this title in February 2021"

Not necessarily a favourite author but I'm now so deep in Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich (easily been 20 years reading those) I always get the latest, but never when first released because they're so expensive, I'm normally a year behind, I just got last year's release this week because it was 99p finally.

I'm almost done with the JD Kirk books that were mentioned here the other week so he will now be another must have on release day author!

Oh and MC Beaton, I love all the Agatha Raisin and Hamish Macbeth. She died recently and although there are still new releases still they'll probably dry up soon.

So to sum up, yes, but I have an addictive personality so become obsessed with one author and have to read everything!

I finished "Ghosts" last night.

I enjoyed it, it had a nice atmosphere and Dolly is a good writer that has a voice and she created relatable characters.

But I also understand some of the very critical reviews, she was stereotyping, used a lot of words to describe something, I also felt the book was a bit long at the end (some situations were unnecessary in my view) and for some reason I believed Dolly had never been ghosted as her character took it remarkably well.

I finished the Caraval series this week. They aren’t perfect but I kind of loved them regardless.

About to start The Wolf Den by Elodie Harper.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just been clearing apps out my phone and realised I had the audible app - I signed in and found the one and only audiobook I downloaded on it at least 6 years ago and remembered why I didn’t ever finish it. It’s Under the Dome by Stephen King and it’s 34 and a half hours long! That’s just a crazy amount of time to listen to a book.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve just been clearing apps out my phone and realised I had the audible app - I signed in and found the one and only audiobook I downloaded on it at least 6 years ago and remembered why I didn’t ever finish it. It’s Under the Dome by Stephen King and it’s 34 and a half hours long! That’s just a crazy amount of time to listen to a book.
I listened to it. It got a bit long winded like he describes things to the nth degree. Good book though

I listened to it. It got a bit long winded like he describes things to the nth degree. Good book though
I remember enjoying the idea of it but finding it so lengthy - even though I only got a very small part of the way through. I need it condensed into maybe 10 hours to keep my attention on it. 34 hours would take me a year I’m sure!

I see a lot of posts about Girl A but there seems to be a few with that title so which one is everyone referring to? 🤷‍♀️

I see a lot of posts about Girl A but there seems to be a few with that title so which one is everyone referring to? 🤷‍♀️
It's by Abigail Dean. I couldn't get into it but loads of people love it.

miss you guys!!!! Work is crazy. Buying a house is crazy. My kindle is sitting there looking at me tempting me.
good luck with both! And don’t get too stressed about either, it will work out! ❤
we miss you too and hopefully you’ll be back to calm soon 😉

love Kelk but I have to agree if I’d found her now, at my age I don’t know if I’d love the series as much as I did “growing” with it, it’s why I’m hesitant when suggesting books in case my memory paints it in a more nostalgic way 😂 if that makes sense 😂 but I did reread her I heart New York book a few years back and remember loving it just as much.
her new stuff, I can’t get into at all at thought it was just me 😩

I do enjoy Paige Toon most of the time, and Karen Swan, Sarah Morgans Christmas books are a must for me 😂 I know there are probably 20 more authors on that list but off the top of my head those spring to mind.

It's by Abigail Dean. I couldn't get into it but loads of people love it.
wasn’t for me at all. But that’s the one.
if you’re on the library audio app it’s available where I am in book format and audio right now, not sure about other libraries

Just finished Foursome by Jane Fallon.
Nice, easy read which is just what I needed.
she‘s for sure had a few rotten tomatoes but overall I enjoy her books.

Reactions: 3
I just finished a book called The Girl Before You by Nicola Rayner. It has different narrators and time frames. A missing girl. I loved it.

Finally finished Thursday Murder Club! 😴 I won't be buying the sequel!
Started The Kindness Project by Sam Binnie this afternoon. OK so far. Anyone read it?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.