Books #3 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Downloaded Last One at the Party this morning. Just finished it šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Not my most productive day ever.
I downloaded it at the weekend, but havenā€™t started it yet!! What did you think of it?
Thatā€™s for anyone whoā€™s read it!!

Reactions: 2
I'm almost half way through The Arrangement and am thoroughly invested.

p. s. I also downloaded Last One to the Party and am almost afraid to read it in case it falls flat for me.

Reactions: 3
I'm almost half way through The Arrangement and am thoroughly invested.

p. s. I also downloaded Last One to the Party and am almost afraid to read it in case it falls flat for me.
Me too!! Iā€™m probably going to start it tomorrow, but one poster said that they read it in a day, so it must be a good one..šŸ˜Š

Iā€™m half way through home fire by Kabila shamsie and I do not get the hype around it!!
Oh interesting - I really enjoyed it and thought about it a lot afterwards.
What are you not liking? (Difficult question I know).

also downloaded Last One to the Party and am almost afraid to read it in case it falls flat for me.
Same šŸ˜‚ oh my goodness same šŸ˜‚ only because itā€™s so out of my comfort zone, maybe Iā€™ll just do it now šŸ™ˆ

I downloaded it at the weekend, but havenā€™t started it yet!! What did you think of it?
Itā€™s my new favourite book, I absolutely loved it!

• Heart
Hoping to do my full list of recommendations today.. I could talk about books forever so this thread is such a dream!!

Just wanted to add one this morning.. I absolutely LOVED Sweetpea and the sequel In Bloom by CJ Skuse. Itā€™s told from the perspective of a serial killer.. and itā€™s really, really funny! I know that sounds like a strange combination, but it is. Iā€™ve just seen thereā€™s a third book in the series thatā€™s just been released called Dead Head. So Iā€™ll be buying that immediately! Canā€™t wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Same šŸ˜‚ oh my goodness same šŸ˜‚ only because itā€™s so out of my comfort zone, maybe Iā€™ll just do it now šŸ™ˆ
i need to finish it. I think it's amazing but it feels so real that i have to keep telling myself it's fictional (not easy because of well, global pandemic!)

• Heart
Oops I loved Behind Closed Doors šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ perhaps it was just because it was one of the first books I read when getting back into reading and I hadnā€™t read anything else in a while!

I like the sound of Sweetpea @Whippeto Iā€™m definitely going to read that.

Reactions: 1
Oops I loved Behind Closed Doors šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ perhaps it was just because it was one of the first books I read when getting back into reading and I hadnā€™t read anything else in a while!

I canā€™t recommend that series highly enough! Itā€™s brilliant. The second one was just as good if not better! I canā€™t wait to read the 3rd. šŸ™Œ

Reactions: 1
I enjoyed it - it's a nice easy read but some bits are a bit too close to home at the moment!

Also.. no oops! We all like different things. My reaction to it doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a bad book. Thatā€˜s whatā€™s great about this thread.. we can disagree harmoniously. :)

I have always gone by reviews in the past but after reading all this Iā€™m going to consider them but still try things I might not have before.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I nearly gave up on behind closed doors šŸ˜‚ it reminded me of 50 shades in a way, such bad writing and such an extreme version of a cliched story line, itā€™s so long since I read it and I know my sister loved it so maybe Iā€™m just overly harsh at times šŸ˜‚

I bought Behind Closed Doors ages ago, but itā€™s still languishing in my unread collection. Itā€™s been bumped up the ranks now as youā€™ve all got me curious, so Iā€™m going to have to give it a go. Not sure itā€™s my thing really - think I mustā€™ve bought it when I was on a 99p rampage šŸ˜‚

I nearly gave up on behind closed doors šŸ˜‚ it reminded me of 50 shades in a way, such bad writing and such an extreme version of a cliched story line, itā€™s so long since I read it and I know my sister loved it so maybe Iā€™m just overly harsh at times šŸ˜‚
The nice thing about this thread is that all opinions are welcome and respected. I have kind of different standards in my head for what I consider a good book. I wouldnā€™t judge a thriller/holiday escapist read in the same way as a more serious, literary novel. I enjoy a really wide range of genres. Sometimes I just read for distraction , other times to be challenged and stretched mentally.

Reactions: 9
The nice thing about this thread is that all opinions are welcome and respected. I have kind of different standards in my head for what I consider a good book. I wouldnā€™t judge a thriller/holiday escapist read in the same way as a more serious, literary novel. I enjoy a really wide range of genres. Sometimes I just read for distraction , other times to be challenged and stretched mentally.
I soooo do agree, at the moment I just canā€™t take anything heavy, I see ā€œMan Bookerā€ and run a mile šŸ™ˆ
I have definitely dumbed down my choices in the last while but to be honest I donā€™t mind once Iā€™m enjoying it.

I LOVE how varied this thread is!! I donā€™t like an echo chamber šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It'd be boring if we all had the same opinions on books (well anything!) I know there are books on these threads that many of you rave about that I have picked up and thought meh, meanwhile I have enjoyed books that have often been panned by the majority. It is what it is! Some of us like Coke, some of us like Pepsi. What I do enjoy is that often books are mentioned that would never have been on my radar otherwise.

Someone was asking a few messages ago (or last thread) about keeping track of recommended books, I copy the ones that interest me into a notes file on my phone. The list is currently 423 books long. My TBR piles number about 125 actual books in my house. Ahem. Scrolling through the list of books I have saved and picking my 'treats' for the month is basically the highlight of the month for me! I justify it by saying I don't drink or smoke so can have this for my vice. My husband would disagree but hey ho!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.