Books #3 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have read both prior threads in the last 2 days and added so, so, so many books to my list!! So happy to have found this thread!! Thank you for starting it!! I needed it so much as I had been very stuck with what to choose next and had actually reread a couple that I loved from the past...

I loved all the John Marrs books.. Welcome to Wherever You Are.. a little less so but still good. Loved The Silent Patient, Eleanor Oliphant and a couple of the JP Delaney ones.. I actually loved Playing Nice.. I know it’s been a bit hit and miss on here.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks as I walk miles and miles every day and I have to say to anyone who listens to audiobooks.. PLEASE, PLEASE buy Too Close by Natalie Daniels. I say specifically audiobook because it is hands down the best thing I have ever listened to due to one of the narrators. It’s a fantastic story on its own but I’ve listened to it 3 times as an audiobook because I loved it so much. It’s been made into a tv series of the same name starring Emily Watson.. it’s just been shown on ITV. I haven’t watched it as they’re hardly ever as good but I probably will eventually just out of curiosity.

Also, something that was discussed in thread 1 was returning books to audible.. you really can return as many as you like. I know someone got stumped by a request to contact customer services but they do the same to me every now and again. I just email my request to return and they always, always do it.

I think @Oohthedrama mentioned it’s Amazon so don’t feel too bad about doing it and I couldn’t agree more. Plus if they really didn’t want you to do it you can bet the terms and conditions wouldn’t be so vague (no mention of how many specifically you can return) and they would have made it impossible to do by now.

Wow, that was a lot. My apologies, I’ve been desperate to comment for so long but had to wait to get to the open thread!!

You are all my people.

I’ll make a proper list of all my recommendations soon. It will be long.
so glad to have you on board! I’ve said it once or nineteen times this is my favourite tattle thread by a mile 🥰

ok, I’m about to pick a new book. Going in. 😩

Reactions: 8
I’m currently listening to diversify by June sarpong, really enjoying it and would throughly recommend for anyone wanting to widen their knowledge of diversity

Reactions: 1
so glad to have you on board! I’ve said it once or nineteen times this is my favourite tattle thread by a mile 🥰

ok, I’m about to pick a new book. Going in. 😩
Report back with your choice. I bet everyone else is instantly searching for each recommendation.. I’ve got whiplash from tab switching. I for one LOVE having full wish list! I had readers block for ages... yeah I know that’s not actually a thing.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Forgot to update that I finished Logging Off by Nick Spalding the other day. I really enjoyed it! Such an easy read with a simple concept for the story but enjoyable nonetheless. I just went to download Dumped, Actually by the same author but they’ve taken it off Prime Reading! I’ve got no spare cash this month so going to have to stick to free books with Prime.
I’ve gone for One by One by Frieda McFadden for my new read.
I've got 10 books from Prime, even had to make a "collection" for them on my kindle so I'd remember to return them. I only discovered I'd reached the limit when I went to download a new one 😂

Reactions: 2
Forgot to update that I finished Logging Off by Nick Spalding the other day. I really enjoyed it! Such an easy read with a simple concept for the story but enjoyable nonetheless. I just went to download Dumped, Actually by the same author but they’ve taken it off Prime Reading! I’ve got no spare cash this month so going to have to stick to free books with Prime.
I’ve gone for One by One by Frieda McFadden for my new read.
I loved dumped actually! When it goes back on (assuming will) read it :)

Should have added but I’m a little hyped up from all the reading of this brilliant thread...

I bought and am reading People Like Her today.. that being recommended here is so meta. Great so far!

Also bought The Push and the one I’m really excited about which is Watch Her Fall. The premise of that just had me at hello.. or rather the first sentence.

I have a MILLION ALREADY DOWNLOADED TO READ 😂😂
but.....
i was looking at the therapist by b.a Paris 🙈 I don’t find her a good author at all though so even though the plot looks good. I’m not sure. 😩

Also, these look good.

Amazon product

Amazon product

excellent choice.
I don’t know about B A Paris. I really hated Behind Closed Doors. I swore to never revisit that author based on that. I can’t even remember why I hated it so much now but I know I did. I think I thought it was a pretty farcical depiction of coercive control/domestic violence. I seem to remember a lot of eye rolling going on.

Also, I really agree with you about Matt Haig!! The amount of press and promotion he gets, and celebs reposting his profound (not profound at all) Instagram musings just made me refuse to read his books due to the unfairness of it all. Helps that they’re not my thing at all (the fiction ones.) I just know there are amazing books out there that I’ll never know about because of this hype machine.

Reactions: 8
Finished The Huntress and loved it - definitely recommend if you like historical fiction.

Now I'm going to read The Most Fun We Ever Had. It's been on my TBR list for ages and some posts on the last thread motivated me to get it read!

Reactions: 5
I have a MILLION ALREADY DOWNLOADED TO READ 😂😂
but.....
i was looking at the therapist by b.a Paris 🙈 I don’t find her a good author at all though so even though the plot looks good. I’m not sure. 😩

Also, these look good.

Amazon product

Amazon product

excellent choice.

I loathed Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris with a passion! Overrated crap and one of the worst books I've read, you couldn't pay me to read another one of her books.

The other 2 look quite good but I'm kind of drawn to the nanny one more.

Reactions: 4
I loathed Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris with a passion! Overrated crap and one of the worst books I've read, you couldn't pay me to read another one of her books.

that’s the one I’m leaning towards 🙈
and I couldn’t agree more with you both about BA Paris!!!! @Whippeto YES!!!
I like the idea behind the therapist but I’m not willing to go there 😩

Me too, there aren’t many books that I hate but I just couldn’t continue with Behind Closed Doors. I used to feel irrationally angry when I saw someone else rave about it 😂

• Haha
I’ve just finished Johnny Be Good and I bloody loved it🤩
I was team Christian from the start though
Think I’ll read last one at the party and then go for the next in the Johnny series 😅

• Heart
Downloaded Last One at the Party this morning. Just finished it 🤦‍♀️

Not my most productive day ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm 130 page into Bird box by Josh Malerman. I have seen the film but still enjoying this so far.
I've been in a bit of a reading slump. As some of you know I normally read quite quickly but just not been in the mood. I started this today so seem to be doing well. Let's hope it carries on because this book is due back at the library on Saturday! :)

I'm 130 page into Bird box by Josh Malerman. I have seen the film but still enjoying this so far.
I've been in a bit of a reading slump. As some of you know I normally read quite quickly but just not been in the mood. I started this today so seem to be doing well. Let's hope it carries on because this book is due back at the library on Saturday! :)
I loved Birdbox! I really enjoyed the film but I much preferred the book - it really built and kept the tension.
There was one part about a character going outside the house to collect/check something and they could hear a noise around them (sorry I’m vague, I read it a while back so details are hazy) and it properly terrified me! I normally sleep with an eye mask on and couldn’t after reading that section!

I really want to read the sequel but I’m waiting for it to drop in price.

Anyone who enjoys historical fiction, set around WW2,
this was very good, well worth a read, I was pleasantly surprised and expected some kind of YA fiction 🙈 it thankfully wasn’t!

Amazon product

I’ve just finished Johnny Be Good and I bloody loved it🤩
I’m soooooooooooooo glad!!!! 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
I’m half way through home fire by Kabila shamsie and I do not get the hype around it!!

Finished The Huntress and loved it - definitely recommend if you like historical fiction.

Now I'm going to read The Most Fun We Ever Had. It's been on my TBR list for ages and some posts on the last thread motivated me to get it read!
Hope you like it. It's one of my favourites that I've read in the past year.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.