Books #3 the book lovers thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 3,

of the best thread on tattle life. 🥰

last thread
Thread 2

(currently everyone seems to be reading and loving “Last One At The Party” by Bethany Clift) 📚📘📖

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Currently reading The Woman in Our House - Andrew Hart, not far into it though as been really busy. Planning on reading Last One at the Party next (obviously 🤣) also need to read The Push for the book club 😊

Reactions: 1
I started Johnny be good last night 😂 needed something very light after last one at the party and this ticks the boxes!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I started Johnny be good last night 😂 needed something very light after last one at the party and this ticks the boxes!
I can’t believe I read it 13 years ago 🙈🙈 and I’ve recommended it when It could be hyped up in my head a lot more than it deserves to be 🤣
I’m tempted to read it again, but I also want to read something borrowed/something blue again 😆

Reactions: 2
I finished The Push over the weekend. Think I might start What you did by Claire McGowan next.

I have this on my kindle might make my next read! Does anyone else get book anxiety when trying to pick their next read? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have this on my kindle might make my next read! Does anyone else get book anxiety when trying to pick their next read? 😂
Totally. Especially now I’ve got loads more to choose from thanks to joining this thread - I already had a substantial unread list, now it’s huge! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
At the moment I’m Reading unsinkable by Lotte van der Noort. Its about someone who is going to work on the titanic(its a YA book) It‘s about a conspiracy theory about the titanic.
It’s a Dutch book, but I heared that they’re going to translate it into English. I just started, but I like it already 😃

Nice to see others are also reading What You Did. I read half in one go yesterday. I have a few ideas as to where it may go but we’ll see…

Forgot to update that I finished Logging Off by Nick Spalding the other day. I really enjoyed it! Such an easy read with a simple concept for the story but enjoyable nonetheless. I just went to download Dumped, Actually by the same author but they’ve taken it off Prime Reading! I’ve got no spare cash this month so going to have to stick to free books with Prime.
I’ve gone for One by One by Frieda McFadden for my new read.

Reactions: 3
Forgot to update that I finished Logging Off by Nick Spalding the other day. I really enjoyed it! Such an easy read with a simple concept for the story but enjoyable nonetheless. I just went to download Dumped, Actually by the same author but they’ve taken it off Prime Reading! I’ve got no spare cash this month so going to have to stick to free books with Prime.
I’ve gone for One by One by Frieda McFadden for my new read.
I like Frieda McFadden.

Thread 3,

of the best thread on tattle life. 🥰

last thread
Thread 2

(currently everyone seems to be reading and loving “Last One At The Party” by Bethany Clift) 📚📘📖
I have read both prior threads in the last 2 days and added so, so, so many books to my list!! So happy to have found this thread!! Thank you for starting it!! I needed it so much as I had been very stuck with what to choose next and had actually reread a couple that I loved from the past...

I loved all the John Marrs books.. Welcome to Wherever You Are.. a little less so but still good. Loved The Silent Patient, Eleanor Oliphant and a couple of the JP Delaney ones.. I actually loved Playing Nice.. I know it’s been a bit hit and miss on here.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks as I walk miles and miles every day and I have to say to anyone who listens to audiobooks.. PLEASE, PLEASE buy Too Close by Natalie Daniels. I say specifically audiobook because it is hands down the best thing I have ever listened to due to one of the narrators. It’s a fantastic story on its own but I’ve listened to it 3 times as an audiobook because I loved it so much. It’s been made into a tv series of the same name starring Emily Watson.. it’s just been shown on ITV. I haven’t watched it as they’re hardly ever as good but I probably will eventually just out of curiosity.

Also, something that was discussed in thread 1 was returning books to audible.. you really can return as many as you like. I know someone got stumped by a request to contact customer services but they do the same to me every now and again. I just email my request to return and they always, always do it.

I think @Oohthedrama mentioned it’s Amazon so don’t feel too bad about doing it and I couldn’t agree more. Plus if they really didn’t want you to do it you can bet the terms and conditions wouldn’t be so vague (no mention of how many specifically you can return) and they would have made it impossible to do by now.

Wow, that was a lot. My apologies, I’ve been desperate to comment for so long but had to wait to get to the open thread!!

You are all my people.

I’ll make a proper list of all my recommendations soon. It will be long.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've finished House of Lies by DS Butler, part 4 in a series. It was boring and predictable and the overuse of all the characters names in practically every sentence annoyed me as it was obviously a page filler. Don't think I'll bother with the next one in the series as I'm not invested in the characters and the overuse of their names has been bugging me from the beginning.

Next up is The Arrangement.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.