Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SaintLeo

VIP Member
The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O’Farrell is on Kindle Daily Deal today. It’s been sitting on my Wish List for absolutely ages in the hope it might finally be 99p so very happy!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

epl000

VIP Member
An excellent afternoon reading on the ferry back from Ireland devouring Home Front by Kristin Hannah. A real tearjerker, beautifully written and the characters were just so good. Highly recommend. 5*s

• Heart

Raych23

So I've finished The Ministry of Time and I was so whelmed by it. It just left me feeling so indifferent. It was fine. Not awful. Not great. But it just didn't hold my attention the way I thought it would based on the synopsis. ⭐⭐⭐ Pure average.
Is "whelmed" a '10 Things I Hate About You' reference? 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

slugella

VIP Member
i thought of you when i saw it!!! i remember you love tmfweh 🥰 i picked up the new mhairi m in tesco yesterday so let me know what you think!
---

i love this book a ridiculous amount and cannot WAIT for the sequel (in november i think!)
I've been a bit quiet on here as I'm in the world's biggest reading slump! One of my worst years for reading. Hoping these two will get me out of it 🥰

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

inksmear

How is it possible shes banging out these books so quickly?!?
I don’t mean to be mean, but it’s because they’re not very good. They’re all basically the same! Unreliable narrator, implausible twist in the last few pages. I reckon I could write one in a few hours.

Don’t come for me though. I have read all of them! They pass the time and they are a pleasure to read but they are all SO silly.

• Haha

Smca53

VIP Member
I’m really enjoying the writing style in Demon Copperhead, loving the mix of serious and funny, and the story just flows

• Heart

lizziebrooks1235

Oh my goodness, HELLO! I kind of abandoned this forum because life got hectic 🤣🤣 how is everyone doing? At the moment, I’m currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses and it’s a reread because I first and last read it in April 2022. I’m finally getting round to reading the first three books in the series. 😅😅 I said I was going to take my time with reading this year, but I’ve read 29 books so far 🤦🏻‍♀️😅

• Heart
  • Wow

QueenBW

VIP Member
I've read 6 books, hoping to finish the 7th today (it's just 830 am here). It's been a pretty mediocre month. If it wasn't for my reread of Funny Story and first read of The Familiar, it'd be totally forgettable.

• Heart

QueenBW

VIP Member
My office has a mini "free books" table where we can all put books we've read and don't want to keep for someone else to take them home and the options today were particularly good for me. Anyone read these?

1000111970.jpg

• Heart

Lola UK

VIP Member
I finished wayward and loved it! I then bought Remember Me? Because I wanted something light and fluffy.. didn’t realise it was only 3 hours long so feel like I’ve wasted an audible credit on it! It was fine but not worth the credit.

I’m starting The Time Travellers Wife as an audiobook (I’ve read it about 3 times) as it was free and I’ve just bought The Garnett Girls.

I’ve nearly finished Fourth Wing and I’m going to get the second book on my kindle!

I’ve got lots to keep me busy 🤣

ScoutFinch

I’ve just finished The Running Grave, wowww. I bloody love this series! I’ve been exclusively reading them since the start of May so I feel like I genuinely know Strike and Robin and am now a bit bereft 😂

• Heart

daisynoon

Chatty Member
My May! I enjoyed The Familiar and Five Broken Blades most, I think, but generally I had a good reading month with the exception of Lincoln in the Bardo. Someone recommended it to me, and I can only think that they don't like me as much as I thought they did.

(I've also had to put myself on a book buying ban after the double points weekend... I've got to read 16 books before I'm able to think of buying another book)

Screenshot_20240531_114300_Gallery.jpg

• Heart

CommentBelow

My Waterstones double stamps order arrived this morning, you’d never guess how big my existing TBR is by how pleased I was to retrieve this parcel from the doormat 🫢
Also happy to report my account has been updated with double stamps 🥳

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I finished Big Little Lies yesterday (late to the party) and it was pretty good, not a fave but I liked it. Are any of her other books worth a look?

Moved onto The Trial by Rob Rinder now