Books #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use both archive of our own and Mibba.

I write and read in multiple fandoms - supernatural, Sherlock, band fiction etc. you basically write a story about whatever your into (🤭) and post it to the website. I’ve read fics that are a million times better than some published authors over the years, I’ll always love and respect fan fiction writers.

so, the author of 50 shades wrote twilight fan fiction and then turned that story into what 50 shades is now which ew and also no, it doesn’t work. I hate 50 shades with a passion 😂😂
Thank you, I’m going to have a look at the sites. I keep hearing about fanfic so want to see whT it’s all about.
Is it just romance based?

Thank you, I’m going to have a look at the sites. I keep hearing about fanfic so want to see whT it’s all about.
Is it just romance based?
Majority is romance, ngl but there’s a lot of writers I follow that write crime/thriller/war fics. There’s something for everyone ☺

Reactions: 3
My last reading slump was caused by a Fallout's fanfictions addiction 😆 they are also the reason why I don't usually read romance books, so many talented writers writing about characters that I already care about and ship. But I do always worry when starting an unfinished fanfic as they may never be finished!

I traveled this week a lot and, in the trains, there was so many kids/teens reading The Count of Monte Cristo! Made me happy as it's not usual, even chatted with a girl about it (there is a new adaptation of it, might be why)

• Heart
I’m about 2/3 of the way through The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I love her books but oh my God I wish she’d give her characters a break. A happy ending here and there wouldn’t go amiss!

Reactions: 1
I traveled this week a lot and, in the trains, there was so many kids/teens reading The Count of Monte Cristo! Made me happy as it's not usual, even chatted with a girl about it (there is a new adaptation of it, might be why)
this makes me so happy!!! it’s one of my favourite books of all time 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I go through phases of being a Dramione fangirl and rereading my favourite fanfics from over the years. Bexchan and AkashatheKitty were firm faves 😍

I love crime and thriller. Could you recommend any specific writers? Or threads (sorry not sure what the fanfic jargon is 😅)
It depends what kind of fandoms you’d be interested in. I read a lot of Sherlock fics but there’s also Hawaii 50, criminal minds, au (alternate reality) the worlds your oyster so to speak 😂

• Heart
I’m about 2/3 of the way through The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. I love her books but oh my God I wish she’d give her characters a break. A happy ending here and there wouldn’t go amiss!
I agree

this is why i don’t gravitate towards her books as much anymore, someone always ends up dead or depressed 😩

• Sad
This is one of my faves of hers but I think she did too much in it. The number of things the characters went through was a lotttt.

The setting and reading about them adjusting to life in Alaska was fascinating though! It sent me on a hunt for something else like that and I found The Simple Wild series. Totally different vibe but really enjoyed them. 😅

This is one of my faves of hers but I think she did too much in it. The number of things the characters went through was a lotttt.

The setting and reading about them adjusting to life in Alaska was fascinating though! It sent me on a hunt for something else like that and I found The Simple Wild series. Totally different vibe but really enjoyed them. 😅
Ooh I’ll keep my eye out for them thanks! Think I’ve ran out of Kristin Hannah books after this one! The Women was my fave.

That's how I felt about the Four Winds, just non stop misery and despair!

I have broken my slump by finishing blue sisters. Didn’t go into it with high hopes as Cleo and frank was ok- nothing groundbreaking but I really enjoyed this

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I finished Blue Sisters yesterday. I do usually love a character driven family saga style but I found it hard to get into. 3.5 for me.
I haven’t read Cleopatra & Frankenstein but it is on my TBR list.
Next book is Caledonian Road by Andrew O’Hagan which I am looking forward too. Monster of a hardback though!
i enjoyed Kristin Hannah’s The Nightingale but it was bleak. I haven’t read her other stuff yet.
I need to hurry through my library books I currently have - Cal Road, In Ascension and A Certain Hunger - as I have a HUGE pile of books I keep buying and not reading as I keep ordering books from the library 🙈

For some reason I'm itching to read Twilight all over again, think I'm craving teen nostalgia 😆
I think that’s what I liked about Forth Wing, it definitely made me feel nostalgic for that era of fantasy.
---
I have broken my slump by finishing blue sisters. Didn’t go into it with high hopes as Cleo and frank was ok- nothing groundbreaking but I really enjoyed this
Ah that’s good news, I’m hoping to read it this week.
---
I finished Blue Sisters yesterday. I do usually love a character driven family saga style but I found it hard to get into. 3.5 for me.
I haven’t read Cleopatra & Frankenstein but it is on my TBR list.
Next book is Caledonian Road by Andrew O’Hagan which I am looking forward too. Monster of a hardback though!
i enjoyed Kristin Hannah’s The Nightingale but it was bleak. I haven’t read her other stuff yet.
I need to hurry through my library books I currently have - Cal Road, In Ascension and A Certain Hunger - as I have a HUGE pile of books I keep buying and not reading as I keep ordering books from the library 🙈
Keen to hear what you think to Cal Rd, it’s on my wish list but trying to wait for it on paperback!

I think that’s what I liked about Forth Wing, it definitely made me feel nostalgic for that era of fantasy.
i get that - i AM vibing with it a little more now that i’m just over halfway through; for everything i don’t like about it, i cannot deny that it’s very readable and fast paced. it’s very 00s fantasy, i agree!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.