Books #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish fan fiction counted as books read on gr because I have read a tonne this month 😂
same - it’s been my saturday night reading for years at this point! i wish you could add it to GR (it would increase the amount of 5 star ratings i give too 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Just finished A country escape by Kate Fforde, really enjoyable read (I know I say this about most books 😊 ) although
I thought her love interest was up to something to get the farm but turned out he wasn't
Think I read this but I can't remember the story. Another excuse to read it again obviously.😁
I'm currently trying to read all her books when I have time.
I've currently got Restoring Grace to read next....
.....after I finish a recommended book by Maz Evans called Over My Dead Body.....not sure if it was a Tattle recommendation 🤔

Reactions: 2
Think I read this but I can't remember the story. Another excuse to read it again obviously.😁
I'm currently trying to read all her books when I have time.
I've currently got Restoring Grace to read next....
.....after I finish a recommended book by Maz Evans called Over My Dead Body.....not sure if it was a Tattle recommendation 🤔
That sounds familiar I might have read that one. I quite like her books they are a nice easy read.

I've never read any Jilly Cooper, but I feel like I have to if there's an adaption?

i’ve never read any jilly cooper either! always feel like i should because they sound like a good time 🤣

am finally reading fourth wing and, so far, it is not living up to the hype for me. i also don’t know why she hates commas so much. but it’s very readable, even if the writing isn’t amazing.

Reactions: 5
Today must be a Prima Facie kind of day! Just seen this on Jodie Comer’s insta. Looks like a re-showing of the live recording.
I've seen this in the cinema too and I would definitely recommend everyone go watch it. It's so powerful. The book is good, but this is great!

Reactions: 3
i’ve never read any jilly cooper either! always feel like i should because they sound like a good time 🤣

am finally reading fourth wing and, so far, it is not living up to the hype for me. i also don’t know why she hates commas so much. but it’s very readable, even if the writing isn’t amazing.
Same, I'd been thinking about it recently and figured this was my sign, so I've put a hold request on Riders. Seems like the perfect summer read.

I do think Fourth Wing is overhyped. It's a fun story, but the world-building is... not great. I zoned out whenever it came up. I was thinking about reading Iron Flame but then I saw how long it was, so I've just read any spoiler that I've come across instead 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Same, I'd been thinking about it recently and figured this was my sign, so I've put a hold request on Riders. Seems like the perfect summer read.

I do think Fourth Wing is overhyped. It's a fun story, but the world-building is... not great. I zoned out whenever it came up. I was thinking about reading Iron Flame but then I saw how long it was, so I've just read any spoiler that I've come across instead 😅
i’m saying this to you a lot recently but…. tell me how it is 🤣 it absolutely sounds like the perfect summer read (i intend to do garbaugust again this year so maybe i’ll include it!)

i own iron flame purely from my need to have as much of a series as i can before staring but at this point idk if i’ll read it. it’s very fun and there’s potential, but the writing just isn’t great (and the tone is throwing me off. like another student has straight up murdered three kids at this point, in front of teachers, and everyone is like meh that’s just how we do it here at the academy!)

• Heart
i’m saying this to you a lot recently but…. tell me how it is 🤣 it absolutely sounds like the perfect summer read (i intend to do garbaugust again this year so maybe i’ll include it!)

i own iron flame purely from my need to have as much of a series as i can before staring but at this point idk if i’ll read it. it’s very fun and there’s potential, but the writing just isn’t great (and the tone is throwing me off. like another student has straight up murdered three kids at this point, in front of teachers, and everyone is like meh that’s just how we do it here at the academy!)
There's people in front of me in the hold queue, so we might be reading it at the same time! I'll keep you posted, though, it sort of feels like a rite of passage.

I'm obviously not one to judge buying the sequel before I've read the first book, given I'm in the same position with the Black Death camping series (probably not its actual name). I'm going to sit on a comment I want to make on FW until after you're done, I feel as though putting it in spoiler tags now would be cheating when I'm not sure if you've reached that part.

• Heart
I’ve actually finished Fourth Wing today and actually really enjoyed it - I find fantasy a bit hit and Miss but this one really hooked me in. Already reserved Iron Flame from the library 🙈

I’m now starting The Wrong Child by M J Arlidge and Julia Crouch.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm reading Found in a Bookshop seems like it's going to be a lovely book, bookshop during Covid and I think they find books to suit different personalities when they couldn't open the shop. Loads of book recommendations too think I will enjoy this one!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm at the beach this week and flew through Blue Sisters. Not the strongest ending, but still a great read. Love the cover so much. I think there will be a different cover when it's released here in the US. I have the UK edition and it's strikingly beautiful. I don't keep books but am tempted to keep this one just for the cover.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
same - it’s been my saturday night reading for years at this point! i wish you could add it to GR (it would increase the amount of 5 star ratings i give too 🤣)
Same 😂

I fell out of love with it for a while (and writing actually) but I’ve got the bug again and I’m fully immersing myself in so much trashy fiction 🤭😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How does fan fiction work and where do people read it? I find it a bit confusing. Like I didn’t understand how 50 Shades were based on the Twilight series

I’ve read Riders - but when I was a teenager (my mum’s copy) but predictably can’t remember it at alll! Do really remember the cover though.

I read Fourth Wing just after it came out / before the hype, I did really enjoy it when I read it and felt very 2010 fantasy style but I don’t think I’d like it so much if I had any expectations - especially with the hype there is now.

I’ve almost stopped reading books there’s a lot of hype around because I feel as though I’m setting myself up for disappointment / or parking them for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Katykatykaty oh yes, I’d forgotten about our reread! I’ll do it after I’ve read my current book.
Im 46% through my reread of The Passengers and loving it. Although I’ve remembered the books premise, I’ve completely forgotten the actual details for the most part.

At the end of chapter 34 I leapt out my skin when it was revealed that Claire had the body of her husband in her car. I’d completely forgotten that each character has a backstory.

You started yet?

Im 46% through my reread of The Passengers and loving it. Although I’ve remembered the books premise, I’ve completely forgotten the actual details for the most part.

At the end of chapter 34 I leapt out my skin when it was revealed that Claire had the body of her husband in her car. I’d completely forgotten that each character has a backstory.

You started yet?
No and I’m still only about 35% through my book, although I’d really like to try and finish that this weekend if I can!

Not read your spoiler but I wonder if it may link to The Family Experiment?

No and I’m still only about 35% through my book, although I’d really like to try and finish that this weekend if I can!

Not read your spoiler but I wonder if it may link to The Family Experiment?
Unless something changes along the way, I don’t think it’s linked to that.

It’s great to see Cadman again however I’m finding him so unlikeable - though I guess that’s the point.

Oh, and get a move with your current book so you can join me! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.