Books #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished another amazing read by Lucinda Riley - The Pearl Sister.
I loved the twists, but was annoyed that I didn't get to find out if the B****** got his come uppance in the end. Maybe I'll find out in the final book in the series. 🤔

Reactions: 3
My guilty secret is thar I read Freida McFadden books for the sole purpose of bumping up how many books I read! Quantity not quality, can bang it out in a few hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just finished another amazing read by Lucinda Riley - The Pearl Sister.
I loved the twists, but was annoyed that I didn't get to find out if the B****** got his come uppance in the end. Maybe I'll find out in the final book in the series. 🤔
You have a few more to go, I finished listening to the series not that long ago!

Reactions: 1
You have a few more to go, I finished listening to the series not that long ago!
I've read them a bit out of order so I've only got the last one to read.
I think the Star one was my favourite so far - but then it is based around books 😁📚

I haven’t read any Freida McFadden BUT I noticed three people reading the latest one by pool today. It’s not even that big a pool area! Hopefully they spotted each other reading it and created a holiday book club 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I finished The Trial and I just didn’t love it, the main character just had nothing about him to make me root for him I think? And it wasn’t much of a twist, I just didn’t care much about it by the end.

reading Home Before Dark by Riley Sager next. I’ve already read 8 books in June now which is loads for me! Kindle is really working out.

Just finished listening to I Who Have Never Known Men! Really enjoyed it, it was so unsatisfying and bleak which is the point!

You read it thinking there will be answers or a big reveal and there never is and it's quite depressing how relatable it is. Living life seeking certain experiences or knowledge but a lot of the time, life is just mundane and full of questions.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Visited Waterstones today and made a note of all the books I wanted and managed to reserve most at the library 🥳
Sounds silly but I’m a compulsive book buyer *stares at 17 unread books I’ve recently bought on my shelf* and I really need to use my local library more so I’m proud I didn’t actually buy anything

• Heart
Reactions: 17
LOVED More Confessions of a Forty Something F#$k Up. It was really rather poignant and really well written. Definitely recommend it. Now onto my first Kate Morton book - Homecoming. It's been passed to me by my lovely mum, who loved it. High hopes for it as we tend to enjoy similar books. Any Kate Morton fans?

Reactions: 8
I've read them a bit out of order so I've only got the last one to read.
I think the Star one was my favourite so far - but then it is based around books 😁📚
I LOVE the Seven Sisters Series. I was bereft when I finished the final book. I am seriously contemplating re-reading them - even though I only finished Atlas a couple of months ago!

I loved Star's story so much. I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I'd finished! 🥰

I LOVE the Seven Sisters Series. I was bereft when I finished the final book. I am seriously contemplating re-reading them - even though I only finished Atlas a couple of months ago!

I loved Star's story so much. I couldn't stop thinking about it for weeks after I'd finished! 🥰
Think I might have to buy the book. 🤭

Reactions: 2
Visited Waterstones today and made a note of all the books I wanted and managed to reserve most at the library 🥳
Sounds silly but I’m a compulsive book buyer *stares at 17 unread books I’ve recently bought on my shelf* and I really need to use my local library more so I’m proud I didn’t actually buy anything
What did you reserve at the library?

I think I am a Sally Hepworth fan these days. I really like her books that Ive read. Im sure I have a few more on kindle that are unread too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Started on a book recommendation - The Librarians of Rue De Picardie - whilst eating my breakfast.
I resurfaced 113 pages in! I am so behind with my day but must dash off this note. It appears to be a true story and whoever recommended it to me knows me well - I love a story with history and hope. Here's a photo of the blurb:
View attachment 2989539
Ooohthis sounds fab
---
I’m in such a reading slump right now and it’s making me so sad! 😭 I have the most gigantic TBR pile and it’s just staring at me making me feel guilty 👹 My mind just feels too busy to focus, any tips for getting out of the dreaded slump are welcome!
I’m the same . Finished In memorium weeks ago and adored it, can’t get into anything else

Last edited:
  • Heart
Now onto my first Kate Morton book - Homecoming. It's been passed to me by my lovely mum, who loved it. High hopes for it as we tend to enjoy similar books. Any Kate Morton fans?
I love Kate Morton, I've read all of hers. Homecoming was one of my least favourites but still enjoyed it, it just needed a bit of editing I think. Didn't need to be quite as long but as I say still enjoyed and was intrigued to find out what had happened! Would def recommend her others too. The House at Riverton and The Distant Hours are two that stick in my mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Re Strike series , are the stories the same as the ones featured on the tv show Strike ? I’ve seen that so it puts me off reading the books as I’d know the story?

I love Kate Morton, I've read all of hers. Homecoming was one of my least favourites but still enjoyed it, it just needed a bit of editing I think. Didn't need to be quite as long but as I say still enjoyed and was intrigued to find out what had happened! Would def recommend her others too. The House at Riverton and The Distant Hours are two that stick in my mind.
I love Kate Morton. One of the first authors I loved as a reader. I started reading her as a teen when The forgotten garden and The house at riverton came out. I love duel time lines in books.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love Kate Morton. One of the first authors I loved as a reader. I started reading her as a teen when The forgotten garden and The house at riverton came out. I love duel time lines in books.
Also love a dual timeline! I fell in love with The Clockmaker’s Daughter and The House at Riverton. Honestly can’t remember if I’ve read Homecoming 🤔

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.