Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
83 pages into Preloved and it is not my genre at all but I am enjoying it, especially the short chapters. So I will finish it. Thanks for making me step outside my comfort zone.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Callan

VIP Member
New to this thread but so happy to be here, pardon me while I go back to read page 1 now :)
---
It's so good isn't it.. A very timeless book. I wish the author was still alive so I could send her a message saying how much I appreciated it.
adding to my TBR as I type <3

Last edited:
  • Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I really enjoy reading these monthly receipts. I am not clever enough to make a post like that and I read 19 books so can't be writing out a list.

Standouts were

A Short Walk Through A Wide World by Douglas Westerbeke 4/5

and

A Sweet Sting of Salt by Rose Sutherland 5/5. This was a debut novel and I can't wait for her to write more.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I'm still in a reading slump. I was on a roll in Jan -Feb but now I'm like ughhhhh. My attention span is shot to pieces.

• Sad
  • Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I saw it as a sign when Site Help appeared on my feed, so I bit the bullet and asked them if we could rename as Book Addicts Anonymous, as such words keep cropping up on here. Kill me now if you don't like it. 😬
How dare you accuse us of being addicts.

I can stop buying books whenever I want to.

I just don't want to!

😆😆

• Haha

GoofyPrincess

Chatty Member
I keep losing this thread and getting so far behind 🤦🏻‍♀️

Anyway, here are my April reads! This has been my favorite reading month overall so far this year. I can’t really pick one stand out though but they were all solid 4 star reads for me!

527FE0C7-D66B-4C4C-9A78-BF0C6461ABA4.png

• Heart

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I just got approved for 'Imposter Syndrome' by Joseph Knox on Netgalley. I enjoyed True Crime Story. Im excited.

No I dont have enough books. Mind your business.

• Haha
  • Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’ve been on a bit of a reading hiatus - just couldn’t get myself in the mood to read. But finally felt like it at the weekend and read the Housemaid by Freida McFadden in one sitting.

It wasn’t amazing but it was a solid thriller and did the job as I’m now over halfway through my next book so good to get out of the slump.

Im currently reading Never Let Me Go - I’ve seen the film so I know what’s coming but I am prepped to CRY when I finish it tonight.

• Heart

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I’ve not picked up a paperback since 2020 and I always swore that Kindles would never replace actual books but for me they totally have. I read on my phone all through 2021 and only bought a kindle after a year of using the app, I’ve not looked back. I find it’s so much more practical for me to have access on two devices and have the book I’m reading be available on both. For example I’ll read on my phone when I’m putting my son to bed (he takes ages to settle and I end up just lying staring at the ceiling if I don’t have my phone) or when I’m out and about and have five minutes spare and then use my kindle for longer dedicated reading times like before bed etc. As much as I love the feel of real books I just don’t have the space or money to get them. I use KU and love a 99p offer so ebooks is a much cheaper option for me. I do also use BorrowBox for audio books.

• Wow

nbt

VIP Member
As well as wanting to start afresh each month, by not carrying on a book from one month to the next, I’ve also started saving books for a new month. So I’ve got The List of Suspicious Things and The Good Mothers sat on my coffee table, looking pretty 🥰 but I feel that starting any of them towards the end of April would be doing them a disservice, hence waiting for May so I have a whole month to focus on and enjoy them.

Please tell me it’s not just me?!

• Heart
  • Haha

AllieBee

VIP Member
When it's the middlle of the night and you can't sleep the only thing to do is buy books right? Monthly deals are up I've bought The Push, We all Want Impossible Things, Fly Away (sequel to Firefly Lane which I've not read yet), A Terrible Kindness, and The Last Thing to Burn. All from my wish list!

• Heart

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I love my kindle for the portability, convenience of not having to actually store the books, and the 99p deals 🤪 My first kindle was well over 10 years old and I upgraded it to the paperwhite which I love, the backlight is so handy.
I also still buy physical books and use the library a lot, I don’t think I could read only kindle or physical books.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I've only just realised my library is signed up to both BorrowBox and Libby! My library doesn't have much on Borrowbox so I checked Libby on a whim and found it accepted my library card, and there's different stuff on there. Excellent. All the stuff I want to listen to on BB seem to be in a queue, so now I can use Libby 👍
I am trying to listen to stuff this week as it's very quiet at work and I can't bear it 🫣

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Blueblue123

VIP Member
Reading the last few chapters of Tomorrow x 3 but I keep stopping because I'm trying not to cry!

• Heart

Carapop

VIP Member
New Coco Mellors was gorgeous, solid 4/5. Shan’t say any more but defo worth picking up.

now onto new Miranda July 🥰

• Heart

HoGi

VIP Member
My preorder copy of John Marrs The Fanily Experiment arrived early!

Devoured it in a day.

Same format as his other speculative thrillers, multiple POV, news articles interspersed between chapters etc. It was quite as edge of your seat as some of the others but still 5*

Edited because phone played up and pressed post too soon 😪

• Heart

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
I'm the opposite to everyone else.

I never thought I'd prefer Kindle over physical books but I've not read a physical book since 2022.

The 99p deals may be responsible for that decision though.

• Heart