Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No but Ive heard great things about it. If you like that sort of book.

Im also slumping tbh. I am reading but not with much joy.
I do like Romances for getting out of slumps, I'm just worried that if I'm in this slumpy mood I'll judge it harshly 🤣
---
I'm in a slump too 😭 my concentration has been shocking recently.

I've just got the new Carley Fortune, I loveddd Every Summer After, thought Meet Me At The Lake was a bit meh, so hoping this will get me out of my reading slump.
I got that one to from a friend for my upcoming birthday! Carley has also been a bit hit and miss for me, hoping this new one is a hit. Let me know how you like it when you get to it, @slugella!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Penance on kindle daily deal today for £1.19 if you guys are interested. I read it last year and loved it.

Reactions: 4
Thinking of starting The Garnett Girls today. Anyone read it? Need a little gap after In Memoriam.

As usual, I’ve completely ignored my TBR list and impulsively ordered Fourth Wing to read and bought Seventeen as an audiobook to listen to. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I know Kia Abdullah has been mentioned on previous threads. I can see she had written a few books. I have just devoured Next Of Kin yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Will look up her other books.

As usual, I’ve completely ignored my TBR list and impulsively ordered Fourth Wing to read and bought Seventeen as an audiobook to listen to. 🤦🏼‍♀️
Same here. Just ordered Garnett Girls 🤭
Preloved in transit to my library. 🤭
I'm so suggestible 🤭
Please choose your suggestions from my to be read list else it will never reduce. 🙏

Reactions: 5
I got that one to from a friend for my upcoming birthday! Carley has also been a bit hit and miss for me, hoping this new one is a hit. Let me know how you like it when you get to it, @slugella!
I felt exactly the same and enjoyed the new one, hope you do too!
---
Dark academia/sci-fi kinda genre. Not the sort of thing I'd normally read. But I randomly saw it on my Waterstones recommended section, the title grabbed my attention first. And then the synopsis had me hooked. And I adored it. Genuinely one of my favourite books of all time.
Well you persuaded me and I managed to nab it for a decent price off Vinted so looking forward to starting it soon!!

Reactions: 2
Has anyone read The Shards? I got it from the library but itl be due back in 2 weeks. Its a beast of a paperback. I cant say I enjoyed American Psycho but Ive heard good things about The Shards.

Convince me or Ill take it back 😂

Yes, I felt uncomfortable all the way through, but it was good!
---

It's absolutely brilliant, isn't it? Took me a while to get into, but I loved it and now I think it's one of the only books I would like to re-read. I've ordered the paperback for my teen too- I think he will love it. Shame the release date has been put back so much.
---
I am reading Slow Horses at the moment. I'd waited ages on Libby to read it, and then they shut down Libby at my library before I got chance. Got it for 50p in the charity shop! :) I'm finding it quite hard to love though, as I've already seen the TV series, which is brilliant, and the series follows it so faithfully I can picture every scene. I like to be able to imagine things more when I read, I don't know if that has spoilt it for me.
I have the first Slow Horses book to read! I love the TV show. I was looking something up on the Slow Horses subreddit during the most recent series and saw lots of people commenting that the books and tv show are quite different in season 3. I wonder if when you get to the second or third book it'll be easier because it won't exactly match up?
---
Also I am still in a slump! Tempted to pick up the new Carley Fortune to see if that get's me out of it (inspired by @slugella ) but also I have so many darn physical books on my tbr I could read instead and it's hard to choose. Decision fatigue.

Last edited:
I haven't heard of The Ministry of Time before joining this thread just few days ago, and I'm really intrigued, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Just started reading Circe and the writing is heavenly, really enjoying it so far!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I haven't heard of The Ministry of Time before joining this thread just few days ago, and I'm really intrigued, can't wait to get my hands on it!

Just started reading Circe and the writing is heavenly, really enjoying it so far!
i loved circe! the writing really is beautiful (and song of achilles was a tough act to follow!)

went to the works again today, heard @Caffeine Fiend and now @CommentBelow in my head again as i saw the other two boys of tommen books. but lablonde, i thought, you haven’t even read the two that you HAVE why would you buy the rest of the series?!?

i bought them. obviously (and some mariana zapata, who has also been recommended to me here. excited to read them!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I need to give Circe another go. It was a very rare DNF for me when I tried it a few years ago. I found it really boring and heavy going but maybe it was me not the book!

• Heart
I think I need to give Circe another go. It was a very rare DNF for me when I tried it a few years ago. I found it really boring and heavy going but maybe it was me not the book!
it’s definitely slow to start and i initially struggled (especially after how much i loved achilles) but it really does hit its stride halfway imo and i ended up really liking it!

I second @LaBlonde that it's slow to start, and at first I found it hard to attach to Circe as a character but once I did... Oof. I adored it. Hope that if you give it another chance it'll be the same for you ❤

• Heart
Making my way very quickly through the latest Thursday murder club (last devil to die), I had been waiting for it come out in paperback and after loving the first two felt the third fell flat so am very glad it’s back to its best. Can’t wait for the film!

Reactions: 3
i loved circe! the writing really is beautiful (and song of achilles was a tough act to follow!)

went to the works again today, heard @Caffeine Fiend and now @CommentBelow in my head again as i saw the other two boys of tommen books. but lablonde, i thought, you haven’t even read the two that you HAVE why would you buy the rest of the series?!?

i bought them. obviously (and some mariana zapata, who has also been recommended to me here. excited to read them!)
Phewf for a minute there I was concerned you’d found some book buying willpower 😂
So… The Works have Saving and Redeeming 6?! 🫣 I need to stop in town on the way out later.. I feel like I should leave 10 min earlier to factor in time for The Works now.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.