Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phewf for a minute there I was concerned you’d found some book buying willpower 😂
So… The Works have Saving and Redeeming 6?! 🫣 I need to stop in town on the way out later.. I feel like I should leave 10 min earlier to factor in time for The Works now.
they do indeed! BUY THEM 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 2
THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!! 🤞🏻for my local branch.
It’s been 48 hrs since I last bought a book after all.. (Minstry of Time).
this is why i like to hear, treat yourself!

i’m planning to buy ministry of time next week (when i go to waterstones armed with my little list of recs from this thread 🤣) - let me know what you think of it 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m 2/3 through The Family Experiment. I like how it’s split into the months because I’m finding myself reading “just one more month”. Intrigued to how it’ll end and enjoying the nods to a couple of other books.

I’ve been wanting to reread my favourite, The Passengers for a while. I still actually have The Marriage Act to read.

• Heart
Too late to edit my post but I’ve just read on another two pages and I LOVE that’s he’s named a character after Louise Beech!!
olaqsy9397k7jxt3to9ymi&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif

I’m 2/3 through The Family Experiment. I like how it’s split into the months because I’m finding myself reading “just one more month”. Intrigued to how it’ll end and enjoying the nods to a couple of other books.

I’ve been wanting to reread my favourite, The Passengers for a while. I still actually have The Marriage Act to read.
Ooh let’s do a reread of The Passengers! I think it was my first John Marrs and still stands as my favourite (bar maybe The Stranger in Her House). It came from a recommendation from this thread back in 2021, it may even have been from you!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Forgive me for I have sinned... somehow one of my paperbacks that I am reading this month got stuck under a drawer and I yanked the drawer open and somehow managed the crease the front cover and dog-ear the first 20 pages or so. It hurts my soul. I have used scotch tape to try sort it out and it's now being flattened by other books. It only cost a fiver but still... 🤭

• Wow
this is why i like to hear, treat yourself!

i’m planning to buy ministry of time next week (when i go to waterstones armed with my little list of recs from this thread 🤣) - let me know what you think of it 💙
‘My’ Works only had Redeeming 6 (book 4), obviously I still bought it lol

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ooh let’s do a reread of The Passengers! I think it was my first John Marrs and still stands as my favourite (bar maybe The Stranger in Her House). It came from a recommendation from this thread back in 2021, it may even have been from you!
Yessss. Reread next month?

Making my way very quickly through the latest Thursday murder club (last devil to die), I had been waiting for it come out in paperback and after loving the first two felt the third fell flat so am very glad it’s back to its best. Can’t wait for the film!
I love the murder club books, the first one is my least favourite. I have done them all by audio though and I just couldn't finish the 4th since they changed the narrator (i struggled through the third for this reason). You've reminded me I need to buy and read this!

I think I need to give Circe another go. It was a very rare DNF for me when I tried it a few years ago. I found it really boring and heavy going but maybe it was me not the book!
I devoured Song of Achilles in a day. I hated Circe, finished it but found it very long winded. It never got better for me.

Went to my local The Works a couple of weeks ago specifically for The Boys of Tommen Books. They didn’t have any :(

Reactions: 5
Also I am still in a slump! Tempted to pick up the new Carley Fortune to see if that get's me out of it (inspired by @slugella ) but also I have so many darn physical books on my tbr I could read instead and it's hard to choose. Decision fatigue.
Confession: After posting this I went to Amazon to put the new Carley Fortune into my wishlist, thinking I had the self control not to buy.

But then I saw it was 99p for kindle.

So I bought it.

Confession: After posting this I went to Amazon to put the new Carley Fortune into my wishlist, thinking I had the self control not to buy.

So I bought it.
Ive got her other 2 books on kindle so of course I bought this. Ive only read the first which I loved.

currently reading bram stokers Dracula and I’m getting some vibes between harker and Dracula and I’m not mad 🤭

So I bought it.
Oh my God! How lucky are you UK gals?! 99p for a book that just came out?! I feel like the US kindle deals take a few months at least. Or years. I have books on my wish list that have been there since 2013 and have never, not once, been on sale 🤣

Also, mindlessness, your choice is just plain economic savviness. You saved money, really!

• Heart
I devoured Song of Achilles in a day. I hated Circe, finished it but found it very long winded. It never got better for me.

Went to my local The Works a couple of weeks ago specifically for The Boys of Tommen Books. They didn’t have any :(
I got the last copies of the first two books in my local branch a couple of weeks ago but noticed today they restocked them so you might be in luck now.

Oh my God! How lucky are you UK gals?! 99p for a book that just came out?! I feel like the US kindle deals take a few months at least. Or years. I have books on my wish list that have been there since 2013 and have never, not once, been on sale 🤣

Also, mindlessness, your choice is just plain economic savviness. You saved money, really!
It is unusual to be fair. However Carley Fortune and Em Hen's books usually go on the 99p deals a month or two after being released.

It seems to be hit and miss and often only in tbe daily deals so you need to realise that day or you miss it.

Can't you just order it for delivery to store or your home?
Screenshot_20240518-224956.png

Reactions: 1
There's loads of Georgette Heyer on the daily deals today. Could anyone who's read some of her books give a never read her before in their life person (me!) a hint as to which is their favourite and a good place to start?!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.