Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh but do you cash them all in now or save one for every month?
Im not good at using my credits or cancelling my half price offers. (I feel its a common occurance in this thread but AuDHD strikes again - also why I just impulsively spent £50 on a 'good deal' ) So I will just use them as and when.

Theyve given them to me now. So I have until 10th May 2025 to use but can carry some over I think.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm hoping someone can help, so back a few months ago (feels like at least 3) the book club had 'first lie wins' and two other books for that month. I bought that one and 'hot springs drive'. I could not put down FLW like I didn't want it to end. I've re-read the damn book twice. It was so good. I've tried googling for similar themed books and for the life of me I can't find anything where the synopsis has made me go, 'yes let me get that'. I haven't managed to get into HSD as quick or easy.

In short can anyone recommend a book(s) with a similar theme/set-up to First Lie Wins.

Reactions: 1
I'm hoping someone can help, so back a few months ago (feels like at least 3) the book club had 'first lie wins' and two other books for that month. I bought that one and 'hot springs drive'. I could not put down FLW like I didn't want it to end. I've re-read the damn book twice. It was so good. I've tried googling for similar themed books and for the life of me I can't find anything where the synopsis has made me go, 'yes let me get that'. I haven't managed to get into HSD as quick or easy.

In short can anyone recommend a book(s) with a similar theme/set-up to First Lie Wins.

You might find this helpful!

I got the deal 🥳

Immediately used a credit for Prima Facie and then I’m saving the others for now 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Do you lose audible credits if you cancel? We were gifted 12 month membership at Xmas but the credits are already accumulating. It’s unlikely we will keep the membership going.

Do you lose audible credits if you cancel? We were gifted 12 month membership at Xmas but the credits are already accumulating. It’s unlikely we will keep the membership going.
Yes if you cancel you lose all credits so use them up then cancel. Youl keep the books you bought with the credit.

Yes if you cancel you lose all credits so use them up then cancel. Youl keep the books you bought with the credit.
Good to know. I’ll make sure to use them before the end of the year. Should try and spend some now rather than all in the final few days 😂

I didn't get the Audible offer and I have terrible FOMO.

Listening to Funny Story and loving it. Halfway through and it is my fave Em Hen by far!

Reactions: 2
I didn't get the Audible offer and I have terrible FOMO.

Listening to Funny Story and loving it. Halfway through and it is my fave Em Hen by far!
It’s valid til 5th June so plenty of time for you to get it. Manifesting it for you 🕯🧘🏼‍♀️☺

I’ve just finished Burial Rites which is definitely not my usual kind of read but it was really good. Anyone else read it?
Ooh I haven’t read it but I did pick it up ages ago in a charity shop! I read Devotion by the same author and really enjoyed it!

I’m in a massive reading slump at the moment :(
Any suggestions that aren’t romance that will get me out of the slump ?
good thrillers, lit fic etc

I’m in a massive reading slump at the moment :(
Any suggestions that aren’t romance that will get me out of the slump ?
good thrillers, lit fic etc
Have you read Demon Copperhead? That got me out of my slump after Xmas!

Already started!

What will you be reading?

The Last Dance by Mark Billingham here, the first of 2 Detective Miller series books.
Im finishing this months group club pick and then I have Brett Easton Ellis' newest book The Shards or Romantic Comedy but Curtis Sittenfield. Or well lets be honest hundreds of other books.

Im reading a non fiction on kindle but its not v sunny day friendly.

• Heart
I've just started reading A Room With A View e-book.
Now I'm a fast reader, but I feel like I need to take my time reading this book, and savour the wording, a bit like chocolate. Rather than gobbling it all down at once.
It seems to be very nuanced, and I fear that I will miss "important things" in my rush to read it.
Such "important things" obviously went right over my head when I watched the film.
I particularly enjoyed the introduction explaining them.🤨
Think I might have to buy this book 😏

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.