Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I havent read Pre Loved however 100 years of lenni and margot, remarkably bright creatures, the collected regrets of clover
I have read Preloved and Lenni and Margot also came to mind as one of those books that also has all the feels in it! The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams maybe another one to look at.

Reactions: 3
Ok so I finished The Maidens - I gave it 4/5 but I love thrillers and I love Greek mythology so it was right up my street. Read it in a day 😅 I’ve seen some people hate it though so it seems quite marmite.

In a totally different vein, started Magnolia Parks this morning - already 60% through. It’s so different to my usual books but I am oddly hooked … not sure if I want to continue the series but also not sure if I can resist? I love and find it all very eye roll at the same time.

In a totally different vein, started Magnolia Parks this morning - already 60% through. It’s so different to my usual books but I am oddly hooked … not sure if I want to continue the series but also not sure if I can resist? I love and find it all very eye roll at the same time.
That is exactly how I felt about it, it was so annoying but oddly addictive

I havent read Pre Loved however 100 years of lenni and margot, remarkably bright creatures, the collected regrets of clover
I have read all but The Collected Regrets of Clover which I will look up now. Thank you.

I have read Preloved and Lenni and Margot also came to mind as one of those books that also has all the feels in it! The Reading List by Sara Nisha Adams maybe another one to look at.
Thank you, I have never heard of that book but I will look it up now :)

Reactions: 1
Reading the last few chapters of Tomorrow x 3 but I keep stopping because I'm trying not to cry!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Reading the last few chapters of Tomorrow x 3 but I keep stopping because I'm trying not to cry!
i loved that book. it’s a beautiful discussion of friendship but i thought it really came into its own when it actually became a book about grief and sudden loss. the whole stardew valley chapter (i can’t remember the game in the book!) is maybe one of the most beautiful pieces of writing i read last year.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
i loved that book. it’s a beautiful discussion of friendship but i thought it really came into its own when it actually became a book about grief and sudden loss. the whole stardew valley chapter (i can’t remember the game in the book!) is maybe one of the most beautiful pieces of writing i read last year.
Also loved it!
Have you read any of her other books? I noticed a few of them have been re-released with new covers.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That is exactly how I felt about it, it was so annoying but oddly addictive
I finished it and I’m afraid I am going to have to continue 😅 it’s very addictive. But I am going to read something else in between, I would get bored reading a series all at once I think.

Really torn on what to read next though

Currently reading Saving Noah and I think I’ve spoiled it for my self. I stupidly read a comment on TikTok (on a no spoilers video) and I think I know what’s coming 😩😩 I wish people wouldn’t do that and realise not everyone reads books as soon as they come out

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’ve just finished The Lies We Told by Camilla Way. A very fast paced thriller, really enjoyed it! I’m moving onto Troubled Blood now. I’m finding I’m able to read a bit now my baby is getting bigger and I’m sleeping again 😂

Currently reading Saving Noah and I think I’ve spoiled it for my self. I stupidly read a comment on TikTok (on a no spoilers video) and I think I know what’s coming 😩😩 I wish people wouldn’t do that and realise not everyone reads books as soon as they come out
I had a similar annoyance on instagram with Throne of Glass, it wasn’t even someone I follow - it was on my explore page! and not part of a carousel, just bam SPOILER. I’ve still got 3 chunky books to go so now I’m going to leave them until the spoiler memory isn’t so fresh!

• Sad
Tomorrowx3 was great. Looking forward to the movie adaptation. Which actors do we think would make a good cast?

I recently read another Gabrielle Zevin book - The Storied Life Of A.J Fikry. It was nothing like Tomorrowx3 but I really enjoyed it and would recommend. I'm definitely going to check out Elsewhere too.

Reactions: 7
Tomorrowx3 was great. Looking forward to the movie adaptation. Which actors do we think would make a good cast?

I recently read another Gabrielle Zevin book - The Storied Life Of A.J Fikry. It was nothing like Tomorrowx3 but I really enjoyed it and would recommend. I'm definitely going to check out Elsewhere too.
The storied life of A J Fikry was not at all what I was expecting, > wasnt expecting a Romance but I loved it.
The ending made me cry. My dad had dementia and as a result of that had aphasia, so the scene where he is trying to tell her he loves her and can't get the words out absolutely killed me

There is a film of it, but I am yet to watch. I did however watch the trailer of the film before I had finished the book, which did give away a fair bit of the plot 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s publication day for John Marrs’ The Family Experiment and I’ve managed to get it on BorrowBox straight away! 🤩🤩🤩

• Heart
I Who Have Never Known Men is a Kindle Daily Deal today. It was on my Wishlist thanks to some good reviews here so sure there will be others who fancy it!

• Heart
I Who Have Never Known Men is a Kindle Daily Deal today. It was on my Wishlist thanks to some good reviews here so sure there will be others who fancy it!
I read this at the start of the year, just fair warning that it is … a lot. Not like A Little Life level traumatic but very bleak.

This is an excellent book. Really haunting and pared back. A quick read, too. (IMO)

It’s publication day for John Marrs’ The Family Experiment and I’ve managed to get it on BorrowBox straight away! 🤩🤩🤩
Ooh I’m so excited! I’m 50% through The Murder After The Night Before (and loving) but as soon as that’s done I’m ready for it!

• Heart
I totally forgot I ordered the new Carley Fortune book and have just had a message to say it's being delivered today. Unexpected book deliveries are the best kind of deliveries.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.