Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember this book being quite heavy on Feyre AND her art/painting (very real possibility the painting is mentioned twice but that’s all that stuck in my brain).
it is!! there’s a whole subplot about her getting a studio space (i think?!) - i was so over feyre at that point though that she could literally have talked to me personally through the pages and i wouldn’t have noticed, so i could be wrong 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Books books books

Commenting to not lose you guys again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Er... just need to check, did you do a bit of crying whilst reading it?
ETA. Just remembered I walked past a stand in Aldi holding it and I think it was £2.50. 🤔
Not that I can remember. It was one of those lovely warm books that just made my heart swell
---
Just finished Divine Rivals on audio. It was ok. The male narrator was good but the female was as wooden as a brush shaft. The story itself was quite good though. I’m torn over the sequel. I want to know what happens but it’s 14hrs long and according to the reviews that’s 13.5hrs too long 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
it is!! there’s a whole subplot about her getting a studio space (i think?!) - i was so over feyre at that point though that she could literally have talked to me personally through the pages and i wouldn’t have noticed, so i could be wrong 🤣
are there more books to come, in the ACOTAR series? I see there are 5 so far, which I will get around to at some point.

Reactions: 1
Just finished Divine Rivals on audio. It was ok. The male narrator was good but the female was as wooden as a brush shaft. The story itself was quite good though. I’m torn over the sequel. I want to know what happens but it’s 14hrs long and according to the reviews that’s 13.5hrs too long 😂
I literally read the sequel because I wanted to know what happened but it ended up being pretty disappointing. Not bad-bad but like ... Lots of Deus ex machina.

Reactions: 3
…Or painted you 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
OK I need a good cosy crime. I’ve read and love both the Thursday murder club and the Marlow murder club series, but I’m really craving a “cosy” and shockingly it seems to be the one genre not on my extensive tbr shelf

OK I need a good cosy crime. I’ve read and love both the Thursday murder club and the Marlow murder club series, but I’m really craving a “cosy” and shockingly it seems to be the one genre not on my extensive tbr shelf
I enjoyed the appeal by Janice Hallet. Its sort of cosy crime Id say.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I liked the one with picture of a tortoise on the pages side of the book together with bloody footprints - "The Sunset Years of Agnes Sharp" by Leonie Swann
The Sunset Years of Agnes Sharp https://g.co/kgs/nAifKNw

I literally read the sequel because I wanted to know what happened but it ended up being pretty disappointing. Not bad-bad but like ... Lots of Deus ex machina.
I’ve managed to get it on Libby so at least I’m not wasting credits or hours on it

I've just finished the third Magnolia Parks, has anyone else read it? I found their relationship stuff dragged slightly but the ending was a bit of a shocker!

Felt the same! I think the backdrop of war was too much for the very simple love story the author wanted to tell

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I forgot to buy listen for the lie! Annoyed with myself. I also forgot to buy Green Dot the other week.

Those were 2 I really fancied too.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've just finished the third Magnolia Parks, has anyone else read it? I found their relationship stuff dragged slightly but the ending was a bit of a shocker!
me! I feel like the magnolia parks spokeswoman for the thread 🤣 I was sooo shocked!

imo, no - it doesn’t add much. it’s really just all the characters having a ✨christmas adventure✨ and is fully dependent on how much you like feyre because, my god, she and rhys got on my last nerve in it 🤣 it DOES have some interesting nesta stuff in terms of where she’s at before the next book, but nothing i think won’t be covered there.
ok thank you because i don't like feyre and i also feel like she's a tit painter 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
ok thank you because i don't like feyre and i also feel like she's a tit painter 😂
I BET SHE IS 🤣

i liked her fine in the first book; but i feel she just gets more irritating as they go on (and it doesn’t help that she’s turned into a complete mary-sue who is more powerful than anyone has ever been before). plus, her complete inability to ever admit she or rhys are wrong just winds me up. AND she’s mean to lucien for no reason and never considers what a difficult position he’s in. thank you for listening to my feyre feelings on this saturday morning 🫡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
ooh so i don't need to read acofas to complete the story? i'm on acowar now 😊
It does set the scene for Nestas POV in Silver Flames but you could survive without it! I didn’t love it and it’s definitely the weakest of the series but ultimately I still love the world created and need to read it all😆
---
There are some great memes out there of feyre’s painting, I’ll have to find some!

There are some great memes out there of feyre’s painting, I’ll have to find some!
i just picture the scene from not another teen movie where the lead shows chris evans the portrait she’s painted of her mother after a huge buildup and it’s just a stick figure with huge eyelashes 🤣 (and he says “….. you have her eyes”). THAT’S YOU FEYRE 💅🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.