Books #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The plot stealing is very dodgy (I wonder if her publisher had been asked about it or made a statement?) but this last paragraph from the judgy Redditor is dumb and snobby. I am so glad everyone here in these threads is lovely and we all read whatever we like with no judgement 💕🥰
yeah; that last paragraph is needless and very book snobby. i’m guilty of that myself sometimes and will admit to it (sorry coho) but gosh, let people read what they want!! it’s like all the smut discourse on twitter right now. just let people enjoy themselves 🥰
---
I finished ACOFAS last night on audio. It was my first audiobook. I feel i dont take as much in when listening to audio. But I need to learn that I can't listen to audio and read tattle at the same time 😂

I found this book boring to be honest. Nothing really happened. I gave it 3 stars.

I've signed up to audible as i don't think ACOFAS was a good first book to judge audiobooks by and I used my credit to download ACOSF so hopefully that will be a better audio experience.
i honestly wish i hadn’t read ACOFAS - nothing happened, feyre was annoying, there was midair sex which i don’t think is possible and everyone was awful to my boy lucien 😩😩 i don’t know why she didn’t use it as a prologue or even just bonus content: it shouldn’t have been a standalone book imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The plot stealing is very dodgy (I wonder if her publisher had been asked about it or made a statement?) but this last paragraph from the judgy Redditor is dumb and snobby. I am so glad everyone here in these threads is lovely and we all read whatever we like with no judgement 💕🥰
Yes, we're all lovely - human, but lovely, hence why I stick around.
I'm currently reading The Switch - a bookaholics anonymous recommendation and I have to admit to feeling myself "grabbed". That lovely feeling only bookaholics seem to understand 🤭

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Delighted to announce my book mojo is back! 🥳 I’m off today so heading out shortly for a walk in the sunshine and going to the park to read with a coffee.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I finished ACOFAS last night on audio. It was my first audiobook. I feel i dont take as much in when listening to audio. But I need to learn that I can't listen to audio and read tattle at the same time 😂

I found this book boring to be honest. Nothing really happened. I gave it 3 stars.

I've signed up to audible as i don't think ACOFAS was a good first book to judge audiobooks by and I used my credit to download ACOSF so hopefully that will be a better audio experience.
I just listened to silver flames on audio and it was great 👍🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Meant to report back after finishing Wild Love. It was okay? I enjoyed it but it's not my favourite of Elsie Silver's novels. It's definitely small town romance rather than a cowboy/ranch romance and I missed the ranch/cowboy features of her other books. That said, I do like the premise for this series From what I can tell, all our MMC will be single dads who are in a small town rec bowling team together Am curious what other tattlers think about the book!

Meant to report back after finishing Wild Love. It was okay? I enjoyed it but it's not my favourite of Elsie Silver's novels. It's definitely small town romance rather than a cowboy/ranch romance and I missed the ranch/cowboy features of her other books. That said, I do like the premise for this series From what I can tell, all our MMC will be single dads who are in a small town rec bowling team together Am curious what other tattlers think about the book!
I havent read it yet but Ive seen people across FB groups rave about it.

I still have Beaus book to read from Chestnut Springs series. Im so reluctant to finish them as I have loved it as a series. Rhett and Summers story was my least favourite however I loved the others. Also liked the fact most of the characters were older.

I would love a book about Harvey and Cecelia....

Reactions: 2
I’m on holiday & just read The idea of you. Read in a day, I see it’s been made into a film with Anne Hathaway, Really not sure I enjoyed it felt so rushed @ the end.. luckily it was in the help yourself section @ the hotel & free

Reactions: 6
I’m on holiday & just read The idea of you. Read in a day, I see it’s been made into a film with Anne Hathaway, Really not sure I enjoyed it felt so rushed @ the end.. luckily it was in the help yourself section @ the hotel & free
i hated this book 🤣 i will watch the movie because i love nicholas galitzine a ridiculous amount but the book made me so uncomfortable - the age gap, and how she talked about it, was just ick. i wonder how harry styles feels about it in all honesty!

• Wow
i hated this book 🤣 i will watch the movie because i love nicholas galitzine a ridiculous amount but the book made me so uncomfortable - the age gap, and how she talked about it, was just ick. i wonder how harry styles feels about it in all honesty!
I was going to say that I read this book years ago and loved it. I just looked it up on Goodreads and apparently gave it 2 stars at that time though. Guess I was wrong about liking it! Was convinced I would have enjoyed it and honestly probably read it because of the Harry Styles connection 🤣 I will definitely watch the movie.

• Heart
  • Haha
I was going to say that I read this book years ago and loved it. I just looked it up on Goodreads and apparently gave it 2 stars at that time though. Guess I was wrong about liking it! Was convinced I would have enjoyed it and honestly probably read it because of the Harry Styles connection 🤣 I will definitely watch the movie.
the movie looks a lot of fun tbh! and they’ve aged hayes up, which immediately takes away a lot of what i didn’t like about it. also, some serious eye candy for whatever you’re into 🤣🥵

• Heart
  • Haha
ooh so i don't need to read acofas to complete the story? i'm on acowar now 😊

Reactions: 4
Beginning a little life today. I’ve been putting it off for too long so I started it on the train today!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, we're all lovely - human, but lovely, hence why I stick around.
I'm currently reading The Switch - a bookaholics anonymous recommendation and I have to admit to feeling myself "grabbed". That lovely feeling only bookaholics seem to understand 🤭
I LOVED The Switch. One of those books I truly thought about the characters for weeks after ❤

ooh so i don't need to read acofas to complete the story? i'm on acowar now 😊
imo, no - it doesn’t add much. it’s really just all the characters having a ✨christmas adventure✨ and is fully dependent on how much you like feyre because, my god, she and rhys got on my last nerve in it 🤣 it DOES have some interesting nesta stuff in terms of where she’s at before the next book, but nothing i think won’t be covered there.

I LOVED The Switch. One of those books I truly thought about the characters for weeks after ❤
Er... just need to check, did you do a bit of crying whilst reading it?
ETA. Just remembered I walked past a stand in Aldi holding it and I think it was £2.50. 🤔

imo, no - it doesn’t add much. it’s really just all the characters having a ✨christmas adventure✨ and is fully dependent on how much you like feyre because, my god, she and rhys got on my last nerve in it 🤣 it DOES have some interesting nesta stuff in terms of where she’s at before the next book, but nothing i think won’t be covered there.
I remember this book being quite heavy on Feyre AND her art/painting (very real possibility the painting is mentioned twice but that’s all that stuck in my brain).

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.