Books #28

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its been quiet here this week! Are we all just reading lots or not reading at all so nothing to talk about?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Its been quiet here this week! Are we all just reading lots or not reading at all so nothing to talk about?
I've barely read anything. My spare time seems to have been completely stolen by listening to music 🤣. Very unlike me

Reactions: 4
I’ve barely been reading 😫 I’ve been listening to audiobooks but I’m only 10% through my second kindle read this month. I’m reading other peoples clothes on my kindle, and listening to seventeen on audible

• Heart
Reactions: 9
was reading sad girl novel, which essentially drained my ability to think about anything other than how much i wished i wasn’t reading it 🤣 haven’t thrown a book into my tesco donation bag so harshly in a while!

but now reading psyche and eros by luna mcnamara which is delightful so we’re back on track 🙌🏻

• Wow
  • Heart
I've barely read anything. My spare time seems to have been completely stolen by listening to music 🤣. Very unlike me
Is this because of TTPD because same.
---
I’ve barely been reading 😫 I’ve been listening to audiobooks but I’m only 10% through my second kindle read this month. I’m reading other peoples clothes on my kindle, and listening to seventeen on audible
I enjoyed (this feels v wrong) Seventeen on audible. I gave it 4 stars but on reflection I think its one of the best books Ive read/listened to this year so far.

Reactions: 7
I've not had a good reading month, it's like I can't pay attention at the moment. Hoping for a better reading month in May.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
was reading sad girl novel, which essentially drained my ability to think about anything other than how much i wished i wasn’t reading it 🤣 haven’t thrown a book into my tesco donation bag so harshly in a while!

but now reading psyche and eros by luna mcnamara which is delightful so we’re back on track 🙌🏻
I know you love generational family sagas. Have you read Hello Beautiful by Ann Nepolitano. I cant fully vouch for it yet but I think you'd like it if you havent read it.
---
I've not had a good reading month, it's like I can't pay attention at the moment. Hoping for a better reading month in May.
I was on annual leave for the easter holidays and read loads for the first two weeks of April. Went back to work, its a tit show, Im so burnt out from it. I felt like 2 weeks off should have restored me. But it hasnt and Im exhausted again.

• Heart
  • Sad
I know you love generational family sagas. Have you read Hello Beautiful by Ann Nepolitano. I cant fully vouch for it yet but I think you'd like it if you havent read it.

I was on annual leave for the easter holidays and read loads for the first two weeks of April. Went back to work, its a tit show, Im so burnt out from it. I felt like 2 weeks off should have restored me. But it hasnt and Im exhausted again.
i own it! it’s a modern little women re-telling (i think) so it is doubly up my street - you’re absolutely right 💙 i might bump it to next in my list now!

(and sorry about work stress x it’s so hard to get into the mood for reading when the work day is just so exhausting. hope it gets a little better soon)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I whizzed through two books last week (Wild Love and The Perfect Family) that kept me up late so I’ve slowed it down now with Great Circle which will also be my first book over 500 pages for as long as I can remember so maybe ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I whizzed through two books last week (Wild Love and The Perfect Family) that kept me up late so I’ve slowed it down now with Great Circle which will also be my first book over 500 pages for as long as I can remember so maybe ever.
i liked great circle a lot, though it also wasn’t quite what i expected it would be (if that makes sense). it’s written in such an interesting way.

Reactions: 5
i own it! it’s a modern little women re-telling (i think) so it is doubly up my street - you’re absolutely right 💙 i might bump it to next in my list now!

(and sorry about work stress x it’s so hard to get into the mood for reading when the work day is just so exhausting. hope it gets a little better soon)
Definitely. When I have a crap day I just scroll all evening. Which then doesnt help me at all.
---
On another note Ive had 2 pre orders from Waterstones dispatched earlier this week and my plus stamps havent gone on. Well I dont think they have. I wish there was a way to see what youd earned when. I know if you go into orders itl show you what you earned in that transaction but it doesnt show when they get added.

I guess I'll need to email them.

Reactions: 7
As well as wanting to start afresh each month, by not carrying on a book from one month to the next, I’ve also started saving books for a new month. So I’ve got The List of Suspicious Things and The Good Mothers sat on my coffee table, looking pretty 🥰 but I feel that starting any of them towards the end of April would be doing them a disservice, hence waiting for May so I have a whole month to focus on and enjoy them.

Please tell me it’s not just me?!

• Heart
  • Haha
As well as wanting to start afresh each month, by not carrying on a book from one month to the next, I’ve also started saving books for a new month. So I’ve got The List of Suspicious Things and The Good Mothers sat on my coffee table, looking pretty 🥰 but I feel that starting any of them towards the end of April would be doing them a disservice, hence waiting for May so I have a whole month to focus on and enjoy them.

Yes I do often rush to finish books before the end of the month so I can start afresh however if youre not reading anything I reckon youd finish The Other Mothers before Tuesday :D

Reactions: 2

i do this too!!! sometimes books deserve to be the start of a new month, rather than lost at the end of one month or the crossover period between the two 🤣 i also do this at the end of a year and basically refuse to read anything i know i’ll really love in that week between christmas and new years.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I went to pick up a couple of requested books from the library, and thought I'd stretch my legs a bit, doing a loop of the shelves on the way to the checking out machine.
Strangely I seemed to have 5 more books when I arrived at the machine. 😲
I can't think where they came from 🤷
Started reading one of them - The Secret Hours by Santa Montefiore. Turns out it's a sequel to the Deverill saga! A bit of a strain on the brain cells trying to remember the history of the saga though. 😁

• Haha
i liked great circle a lot, though it also wasn’t quite what i expected it would be (if that makes sense). it’s written in such an interesting way.
I’m nearly 20% in and agree it wasn’t what I was expecting either. I wasn’t expecting the more present day POV so not quite sure where it’s leading, but I’m really enjoying it so far.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m making my way very quickly through Preloved and so far I think it may be my book of the year so far. I love the concept of the items in the charity shop, and see a lot of myself in the main character 😂😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I’m making my way very quickly through Preloved and so far I think it may be my book of the year so far. I love the concept of the items in the charity shop, and see a lot of myself in the main character 😂😂
i LOVED this book (as proven by how much i talked about it here 🤣) - it’s still one of my favourites of the year so far too, it’s really beautifully done and (as a late thirties woman myself) i really appreciated a lot of the choices that the author made.

I'm reading The Women by Kristen Hannah and really enjoying it. It's my first Kristen Hannah despite owning The Nightingale.

• Heart
Reactions: 12