Books #28

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I pre ordered both of these 🤣 one arrived. One has not
I hope it arrives soon - but I'm glad you got the David Nicholls because I'm curious about it! I know people saying it's the next One Day is inevitable, but it also sparked my attention...

Reactions: 3
I wanted a nice easy read (no spice or murder) 😂 So just read the first of 6 books by Hannah Lynn. The Sweet Shop of Second Chances. Really enjoyed it. Going to carry on with them as not read a series in a while 🙂
If you ever need any more easy reads I personally would recommend the following books:
Four Weddings and a Festival by Annie Robertson
A Wedding at Christmas by Chrissie Manby
The Wagging Tails Dogs Home series by Sarah Hope
Making Wishes at Bay View by Jessica Redland
Villa of Sun and Secrets by Jennifer Bohnet

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I have the new Nicholls on pre-order too, and to be totally honest half the reason I did a pre order is because the Special Edition at Waterstones looked really pretty with a fun cover. Very much judging a book by its cover. 😂

I think You are Here will beat Funny Story in the post though, based on the updates from Royal Mail.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Finished 'James' by Percival Everett today and would highly recommend, particularly on audio - the narration was superb.

It's a reimagining of Huckleberry Finn told from the perspective of the slave Jim.

Reactions: 5
I've just finished An Infamous Army by Georgette Heyer. Normally I'd be bored to tears with battles, but I was really gripped. Googling things as I read and not being able to put it down. Even found myself crying!
I read her life story last year and it said she researches her subject really well.

• Heart
I’ve made a special trip to Bath today to go to a reading by Leigh Bardugo and get her new book The Familiars at the same time. I’ve not been to a reading like this before so I’m curious to see how it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve made a special trip to Bath today to go to a reading by Leigh Bardugo and get her new book The Familiars at the same time. I’ve not been to a reading like this before so I’m curious to see how it is!
omg have an amazing time!! tell her i think she is AMAZING 🤩 (i’m so jealous both of the hearing her read and the going to bath!)

also picked up funny story in tescos today and don’t let me down emhen! we’re on shaky ground after happy place but you can still pull it back 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also jealous! I hope you enjoy, you usually get to find out fun info about their process with the book. I'm looking forward to reading this book too!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ah hope you love it!
I’m going to her event tomorrow night.
---
omg have an amazing time!! tell her i think she is AMAZING 🤩 (i’m so jealous both of the hearing her read and the going to bath!)

also picked up funny story in tescos today and don’t let me down emhen! we’re on shaky ground after happy place but you can still pull it back 🤣
I was tempted to go out and get it tonight but after the Happy Place disappointment all it took was a bit of rain to keep me indoors. I doubt last the weekend without buying it though 🫢

• Heart
Ah hope you love it!
---

I was tempted to go out and get it tonight but after the Happy Place disappointment all it took was a bit of rain to keep me indoors. I doubt last the weekend without buying it though 🫢
well now i’m jealous of YOU too 🤣 again, tell her that your friend on the internet thinks she’s awesome!

treat yourself 🫢 it’s a beautiful cover ngl, but i really hope it isn’t another happy place (it sounds more promising thankfully!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
i resisted in sainsburys today, but it’ll be a different story after pay day!

• Heart
I'm really surprised at the Pierce Brosnan casting. Very bizarre. Other than that pleased with Mirren and Kingsley. Ray Winston was the obvious choice for Ron but he is too young. I'd have gone for someone like Malcolm McDowell.

With the age of this cast I hope they make about 3 films back to back :ROFLMAO:
after seeing Pierce in the pics for Prince Naseems biopic it makes a bit more sense now :)

Reactions: 1
My copy of Funny Story arrived. Im still miffed I didnt cancel and go for the Afterlight one. However we move and this one is signed. 🤩

• Heart

Ah hope you love it!
---
It was an absolutely glorious evening, she is amazing! It was a brief talk and then about 45 mins Q&A, she was so warm and funny. I started reading her new one and it has hooked me already (thankfully as I found the one before -Ninth House, such a slog I haven't got onto the second of that series yet). Anyway I hope you have a brilliant time tonight!

I also have spent a small fortune on books at Mr B's Emporium and Toppings book shops. Bath is like catnip for book lovers!

• Heart
It was an absolutely glorious evening, she is amazing! It was a brief talk and then about 45 mins Q&A, she was so warm and funny. I started reading her new one and it has hooked me already (thankfully as I found the one before -Ninth House, such a slog I haven't got onto the second of that series yet). Anyway I hope you have a brilliant time tonight!

I also have spent a small fortune on books at Mr B's Emporium and Toppings book shops. Bath is like catnip for book lovers!
Ah thanks! I’m extra excited for tonight now! I plan to start her new book on the way home from the event tonight.

Ooh what did you buy?

• Heart

i’m glad you enjoyed!!! i loved ninth house (though haven’t read hell bent yet) but i do get that it would be a slog. glad to hear that the familar is good, i’m really looking forward to reading it.

what books did you buy?!?