Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finished GGGTM last night. Wasn't overly satisfied with the ending tbh.

It felt quite random for Elliot to have killed Sal as 'he thought Andi would be found dead anyway' - like why not just wait? And to kidnap a random other girl and keep her secret for 6 years? Odd. Also didn't really like that Becca was the murderer, definitely thought if it was family it'd be Andi's Dad.

I've started to listen to Icebreaker on spotify and I don't know if I can continue due to both the readers voices 😬 I dont know why, but its making me cringe when they do expressions and put on voices for other characters

Reactions: 3
I've started to listen to Icebreaker on spotify and I don't know if I can continue due to both the readers voices 😬 I dont know why, but its making me cringe when they do expressions and put on voices for other characters
I haven't read that one but that's why I mostly listen to nonfiction and leave fiction for physical books or ebooks. Even the good audiobook actors make me cringe.

Reactions: 4
I haven't read that one but that's why I mostly listen to nonfiction and leave fiction for physical books or ebooks. Even the good audiobook actors make me cringe.
Yeah I've stopped it now, it got too much. The american guy put on a horrid english accent and it made me laugh.
I just wanted something I could pop on in the car so will have a search again for something better!

I really struggle with any audiobook that doesn't have a full cast. Whenever there's only one voice actor, no matter how talented they are, there's always at least one character voice I find grating.

I know I’m super late to the party but I’ve just finished listening to Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine and oh my what a book 😭😭😭💔 I’ve had this on the shelf for ages and picked it up and put it down numerous times. I decided to give it a listen instead and loved it. Made me laugh and cry in equal measure. Really really enjoyed it. I’m hoping there will be more from the author

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I jave just gone through my actual physical books I have here in hospital and created my A-- Z of books for next year.

Who can recommened me a J, K, X and Z, please? I am trying to branch out genre wise but absolutely no fantasy.

Reactions: 9
I jave just gone through my actual physical books I have here in hospital and created my A-- Z of books for next year.

Who can recommened me a J, K, X and Z, please? I am trying to branch out genre wise but absolutely no fantasy.

So my J and K this year were Juno Loves Legs and The Kiss Quotient.

On my TBR I have Just Another Missing Person, Kala, Just For Today, Just the Nicest Couple.

I’ve been meaning to post this and now seems a good time. A-Z, then number, one word, colour and animal.

Really enjoyed doing it and enjoyed so many of the reads too.

235CEE9C-174C-4580-8A68-8E2C035496E3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@Caffine Fiend so sorry for your loss. I just finished the Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan and there is no death in that but I can also understand if you don't want 'festive' reads just now. I also second maybe reading books you read when younger as a teen.

Treated myself to some new books today!

• the locked door - freida mcfadden
• never lie - freida mcfadden
• flawless - elsie silver
• never never - colleen hoover
• too late - colleen hoover

Excited for them all!

• Heart
I have been pretty quiet, I sadly lost a parent this week completely out of the blue. I feel like every single book I pick up, even the smut mentions death in some way.

Ive been watching all the stupidest crap on tv that I know for sure will not mention death. Inside M&S at Christmas. Inside Costco at Christmas. Inside McVities at Christmas. Cooking shows.

Does anyone have any book recs for me? Feel like I will never read The Winners at this point 😬
I’m so sorry for your loss.

I recently tried to find the ideal book for a friend going through a similar loss and after a lot of googling gave up.. it was unexpectedly tricky.
---

The ones I read this year..
Just another missing person
Kill Joy
Exes and O’s
Zhara (TBR and its fantasty)

However.. I’d planned to read Klara and the Sun and Z: a novel of Zelda Fitzgerald

Treated myself to some new books today!

• the locked door - freida mcfadden
• never lie - freida mcfadden
• flawless - elsie silver
• never never - colleen hoover
• too late - colleen hoover

Excited for them all!
never lie is the best freida book!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Karen Class is one of the best audiobook narrator’s I’ve come across, I always love when I see she’s going to be narrating a book.

Reactions: 2
How near to your targets are you guys? I'm so near but yet so far, 94/100 books down but will only fit in 2 more max by the end of the year! It's a bit annoying!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I am over my target but a good bit less than I read last year. Id like to say its because its been quality over quantity but that isnt true either. This has not been a good reading year at all.

• Heart
I'm on book 81/80 but it's been a slog to read this month.

Was hoping to complete A-Z challenge but no chance.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.