Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My target was only 25 for this year… set it low knowing I was due a baby mid year 🫣 currently reading number 25 so I’m pleased I’ve managed to get that much time to myself this year. Was hoping to get another couple in before the end of the year, but my 4 year old finishes school today so I’ll settle for 25 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
OMG OMG OMG, I pre ordered the Waterstones special edition of Ruthless Vows and just got an email to say it's been shipped and will be here tomorrow even though it's release date is the 26/12! Merry Christmas to me lol
Ooh this is so exciting!!! I preordered on Amazon but it doesn’t have a delivery date yet! I might cancel for Waterstones instead 🤔 I loved Divine Rivals, can’t wait to read the second book!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ooh this is so exciting!!! I preordered on Amazon but it doesn’t have a delivery date yet! I might cancel for Waterstones instead 🤔 I loved Divine Rivals, can’t wait to read the second book!
If you order by 1pm today and select 1st class post it may arrive pre xmas.

Reactions: 2
My goal was 25 and I’m currently reading my 36th so I’m pleased with that.

Im about halfway through Before The Coffee Gets Cold though and I’m not sure … it’s just fine atm. Don’t know if I get the hype.

Reactions: 6
My goal was 25 and I’m currently reading my 36th so I’m pleased with that.

Im about halfway through Before The Coffee Gets Cold though and I’m not sure … it’s just fine atm. Don’t know if I get the hype.
I really find translated books hit and miss. Which is a shame.

this was my year of getting back into reading so my goal was 12 (1 book a month) but i'm on book 23! such a small number compared to most on here but i'm so proud! 🤭 and so impressed by you all! i think i will set 30 or 40 for next year 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I finished my 119th yesterday, and my goal was 120 so I'm chuffed with that. I was less focused on the number this year though and have definitely read a few more longer or more challenging reads than I'd usually go for, trying to broaden my horizons (a bit, still love a trashy thriller or romance lets be honest). My 120th book is actually a trashy romance.

I'm enjoying seeing everyone's updates on their goals, but its definitely not about a number at the end of the day and enjoying reading. For me reading has definitely reduced my screen time and brought me a lot of joy this year 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Wow you are all doing so well with your targets! I am just saying to myself well at least I've read 94 books this year even if I didn't meet my target which is one hell of a lot better than 2022 when I had a massive reading slump! And thanks to this thread for getting me back into reading, and reading books I would probably never have picked up if I hadn't read here!

• Heart
One of my goals this year was to read equal part fiction/non-fiction. Well, it didn't happen 😬
In retrospect, I think setting a target number hold me back reading nonfictions, as they are usually super long (500-900 pages). So, maybe, next year I won't set a target number and just focus on other challenges.

Edit: adding my chart of shame 😭
Capture.PNG

• Heart
One of my goals this year was to read equal part fiction/non-fiction. Well, it didn't happen 😬
In retrospect, I think setting a target number hold me back reading nonfictions, as they are usually super long (500-900 pages). So, maybe, next year I won't set a target number and just focus on other challenges.

Edit: adding my chart of shame 😭
View attachment 2641397
I think this is actually good. Non fiction often need you to digest the information differently. Mine is 20/80% split.

• Heart
1000035532.png

I'm fairly new to Goodreads but clueless on how to use it. Does anyone know how i update the % read? Ive been marking them off as i go and 13 marked read but the tracker isnt updating?

I think I'll finish the year on 178 books read. Which is...properly insane. I've slowed down a lot as the year has gone on and I'd say I was reading the most over the summer (which makes sense, as I went on holiday etc). I didn't count/record them but I would guess I read 15-ish books in 2022. Most of my 2023 books have been romances on Kindle, easy fun reads that I would finish in a day. Nothing stressful or dense :LOL:

I don't have a book # goal for next year, but I'd like to get through my physical TBR of books I already own that I'd love to read. Some classics, some lit fit, some non-fictions, some more of my beloved romances etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What do you think about crazy numbers eg. 300+?
I saw someone on Goodreads had read 390 last year! I know some people can speed read but seems crazy to sustain reading over a book a day for an entire year?!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I think it just depends on what people read and what their lifestyle looks like. A book a day could be anything from 3 to 8 hours per day of reading.

If you have a long commute for example it could be 2 hours per day reading or listening to an audio book, if you have a lunch break and read then another 30 mins and then say you read for 3 hours of an evening. Then count in weekends, time spent on annual leave etc its probably doable. Audio books whenever you do chores or drive.

My kids probably take up a huge chunk of time where those without kids or grown up kids could spend reading.

I also have a lot of wasted time where I could be reading. Usually arguing with grown up men about football on the internet or scrolling socials.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.