Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only have Z outstanding on my A-Z challenge so those of you that have read Z books, can you let me know what you read?

I don't own any Z books and couldn't find anything on Borrowbox so I'd need to buy one, so even better if it's something relatively cheap.
live read 47 books so far. I’ve got U, V, Z, to read from the challenge but I don’t think I’ll make it. I’ve been so sick of late I just can’t read much. I have been doing a good job of audiobooks so if I can find any already in my library or that I can borrow, with these letters, I might see if I can complete the challenge.

[addition] I’ve just checked and I’ve got verity in audiobook, so I’ll listen to that today. Then I’ll definitely something for U and Z.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Here are the books I read in November.
1701171286676.png
1701171302397.png
1701171336402.png
1701171393186.png
1701171441845.png
1701171497849.png

Best read was I'm glad I found you this Christmas as it was such as cosy read, I liked the characters and I loved the setting of Hollydell as it made me want to visit and take part in the various activities that they had going on.
Worst reads were The Winter Mystery and Thirty-Four going on bride as I didn't like any of the characters in both books and I couldn't get into them either which meant that I DNFed them both.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I, too, forgot about the a-z challenge. I’ve just gone through this years read books and I’ve managed to fill up all but N, Q, X, Y and Z.

Reactions: 2
My favourite book is memoirs of a geisha - has anyone else read it? Awful film, stunning book. Not often a book makes me cry!

• Heart
Hello all, come to join in from the swiftie thread 👋🏻

managed 31 books so far this year and think my fave has been Notes on an Execution.

Currently rereading The Virgin Suicides which was my fave book as a teen, I want to read Penance by Eliza Clark next as I’ve heard really good things and love Boy Parts.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

managed 31 books so far this year and think my fave has been Notes on an Execution.

Currently rereading The Virgin Suicides which was my fave book as a teen, I want to read Penance by Eliza Clark next as I’ve heard really good things and love Boy Parts.
Welcome, glad you came over ❤ I bought Penance yesterday! 😁 Im in my festive reads now so wont start it this year I dont think unless after Christmas.

• Heart
Welcome, glad you came over ❤ I bought Penance yesterday! 😁 Im in my festive reads now so wont start it this year I dont think unless after Christmas.
Oooh I’ve not really got any festive reads, maybe I should look into some, I find a lot are romance though which is not a genre I am into 😬

Reactions: 1
My favourite book is memoirs of a geisha - has anyone else read it? Awful film, stunning book. Not often a book makes me cry!
Yes I love Memoirs of a Geisha. It’s one that I love enough to reread every few years. And I actually don’t mind the film either. There are much worse film versions of some of my other favourite books! (Looking at you Eric Bana and Rachel McAdam in The Time Travellers Wife!)

I lost this thread and was wondering where you all were.
Ive been so busy lately which I shouldn’t complain about but it’s totally messed up my reading time! I’ve got the new Adele Parks - Just Between Us - from the library and have to finish it by next week 😬 Has anyone read it?

Has anyone else been fawning over the Harper Collins painted classics editions? They are so beautiful, I ordered some on TikTok as HC had a really good sale and the Little Women edition arrived today and it’s just gorgeous!

I also collect pretty editions of wuthering heights and have asked for the chiltern classics one for Xmas so my bookshelf is gonna look 😍😍😍

Last edited:
I lost this thread and was wondering where you all were.
Ive been so busy lately which I shouldn’t complain about but it’s totally messed up my reading time! I’ve got the new Adele Parks - Just Between Us - from the library and have to finish it by next week 😬 Has anyone read it?
I've just finished it.

I enjoyed it but was really annoyed it mentioned lockdown as it was my 3rd book in a row that did 😒 but get why they did for the storyline.

Also new here 👋🏻
I've read the Virgin Suicides, Penance and Notes on an Execution this year- the latter two being brilliant! I really enjoyed Boy Parts too, I wish I could have seen the play! Penance is very different to BP!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also new here 👋🏻
I've read the Virgin Suicides, Penance and Notes on an Execution this year- the latter two being brilliant! I really enjoyed Boy Parts too, I wish I could have seen the play! Penance is very different to BP!
Yeah from what I’ve heard of Penance it seemed totally different to Boy Parts but I like when authors branch out, a bit like R F Kuang doing Yellowface (which I didn’t feel was as good as the hype made out sadly but was v different to her other books).

My only issue with penance is I wanted to read it so badly I broke my rule about buying hardbacks 🥲

have you seen the virgin suicides film?

I watched the film many, many years ago and I’m sure i enjoyed it so maybe I will add the book to my reading list. I don’t usually like reading a book after I’ve seen the film as the film ruins my own imagination, I just picture scenes from the film, but I think it was that long ago I watched it I can barely remember the film itself.

I find many films don’t live up to the books but I think that’s the power of our imagination!

Yeah from what I’ve heard of Penance it seemed totally different to Boy Parts but I like when authors branch out, a bit like R F Kuang doing Yellowface (which I didn’t feel was as good as the hype made out sadly but was v different to her other books).

My only issue with penance is I wanted to read it so badly I broke my rule about buying hardbacks 🥲

have you seen the virgin suicides film?
Haha I was on a book buying ban and went out and bought it!
I have, I saw the film first and sadly I prefer it to the book!

Haha I was on a book buying ban and went out and bought it!
I have, I saw the film first and sadly I prefer it to the book!
I also saw the film first (at like 12 yrs old - my mum rented it for me as she thought it looked like a teen film I might like. lol definitely was not suitable but we move) and I don’t know if I love the film so much it made me like the book, but I think I agree it’s better but I also just think it perfectly captures the atmosphere described in the book.

The Lisbon girls were quite literally my teen obsession though so idk if it’s just nostalgia that makes me love it still.

Oooh I’ve not really got any festive reads, maybe I should look into some, I find a lot are romance though which is not a genre I am into 😬
What about crime? I feel like I’ve seen a lot of festive crime around this year.
These were on an email from Penguin (I think!) https://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/cos...xQWL3nBmlw_n_TpkqLnNlLMxS94BvqHiFaWhIr2kfuifU
---
Has anyone else been fawning over the Harper Collins painted classics editions? They are so beautiful, I ordered some on TikTok as HC had a really good sale and the Little Women edition arrived today and it’s just gorgeous!

I also collect pretty editions of wuthering heights and have asked for the chiltern classics one for Xmas so my bookshelf is gonna look 😍😍😍
OMG yes! I’ve got Secret Garden in my basket and trying to resist..

…and welcome btw!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.