Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone has read Stay True by Hua Hsu? From the sound of it it's not my usual kind of book but for 2024 I want to read new authors and genre. Plus, it got a Pulitzer which will be the theme for January (and maybe the entire year). Picked up The Goldfinch and All the Light I Cannot See today (influenced by this thread), excited to start them!

Reactions: 3
I do and I love it. I’ve got a stand and page turner, so I can place it on my bedside table for maximum comfort 🥰

Amazon product
Ooh thank you! Might get one ordered and give it a whirl. I tried changing the orientation of my kindle so I could stand it up on its case earlier and that helped a little but I still just love the idea of clicking a button nowhere near the actual kindle and having the pages turn. It’s the little things in life 😂

Ooh thank you! Might get one ordered and give it a whirl. I tried changing the orientation of my kindle so I could stand it up on its case earlier and that helped a little but I still just love the idea of clicking a button nowhere near the actual kindle and having the pages turn. It’s the little things in life 😂
I was talking to my OH about getting one and also a stand so I can just lay in bed, like a mummy.

He said to me 'could you get any lazier?'

No, no I could not. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just finished Ruthless Vows, I’d give it 4/5, decent story, great characters, very good duology. I gave Divine Rivals 5/5

next read is A Study in Drowning 😄

Reactions: 6
I think Im going to buy hardbacks of Ruthless Vows and Divine Rivals because they are just so stunning.

I’m already reading one of the books I picked up from The Works 😱 Normally it’s years before I get round to them 😂 I’m sure it was recommended on this thread, I’m enjoying it so far. In the Dark by Claire Allan.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m already reading one of the books I picked up from The Works 😱 Normally it’s years before I get round to them 😂 I’m sure it was recommended on this thread, I’m enjoying it so far. In the Dark by Claire Allan.
Same though, The Works is terrible for that. 🤣 theyre so cheap its so easy to just pick up a few and not worry about actually reading them. You can get 3 books for almost the cost of a large chain coffee shop speciality coffee. Its a win win.

Not if you also buy the coffee but we move.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I also popped into Waterstones today with my daughters. My 13 year old chose Richard Osman Thursday Murder Club, was a bit surprised as she usually likes spiritual animal magical style books. I mooched and very nearly picked up Fourth Wing but didn't because it isn't my usual type of read. But I have reviews saying it appeals to almost all types of readers. Is it worth a read?
Sorry, but I didn’t enjoy it. But then, I’m not a massive fantasy fan. It went on too long and was a bit boring imo.

I was talking to my OH about getting one and also a stand so I can just lay in bed, like a mummy.

He said to me 'could you get any lazier?'

No, no I could not. 😁
to be fair i saw a stand on someones YT and thought that would be a good idea if I had anywhere to stand it as my arms often get tired holding my Kindle

Is anyone else putting off starting certain books because they want it to count towards their 2024/January reads instead of now which is basically not proper days or time? 😂

I have a kindle book called Happy New Year which will be my book of choice, then I’ve managed to get Demon Copperhead on audio which will be my listen, because it’s 21 hours long so definitely will get me into next year!
Me... I can't start so many because they're on my A-Z for 2024.

3 days to go...

Reactions: 1
Does anyone use a page turner clicker for their kindle? I’m finding I’m getting a wrist from holding my kindle despite it having a pop socket on and I wondered if a clicker might help. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I struggle with my E-reader but my OH got a 'Bookaroo' from his Nan for Christmas (she's 90, we don't question the gifts - he barely ever reads!) and I have fully stolen it. On Christmas Day I was there, Trespass Wearable blanket on, Bookaroo on my lap and in absolute heaven XD

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Prophet song and hello beautiful both 99p deals today!
Not on the Daily Deals list, but when I checked my wishlist this morning Penance by Eliza Clark is also showing as 99p. It was on my list because of the mentions it’s had here recently so sure other people will want it at that price too!

Reactions: 5
Not on the Daily Deals list, but when I checked my wishlist this morning Penance by Eliza Clark is also showing as 99p. It was on my list because of the mentions it’s had here recently so sure other people will want it at that price too!
I knew that would happen as soon as I bought the hardback 🫣
Do like a physical copy though!

Reactions: 1
I knew that would happen as soon as I bought the hardback 🫣
Do like a physical copy though!
Happened to me last year with 2 or 3 books Id paid for. So annoying.
---

New thread for a new month and a new year :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.