Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
somehow fell into waterstones today (to shelter from the wind! only reason!) and ended up buying masters of death and the shepherd king duology - i’m sure someone here recced the second ones so i’m fully blaming you 🤣😘

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’ll take the rap for the shepherd king duology, they are so good, I’m always on about them to anyone who will listen 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ll take the rap for the shepherd king duology, they are so good, I’m always on about them to anyone who will listen 🤣
i knew it was someone here 🥰 the girl behind the till absolutely backed you up too; i’m excited to read them!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is anyone else putting off starting certain books because they want it to count towards their 2024/January reads instead of now which is basically not proper days or time? 😂

I have a kindle book called Happy New Year which will be my book of choice, then I’ve managed to get Demon Copperhead on audio which will be my listen, because it’s 21 hours long so definitely will get me into next year!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Is anyone else putting off starting certain books because they want it to count towards their 2024/January reads instead of now which is basically not proper days or time? 😂
I want to start Remarkably Bright Creatures but I feel like if I finish it before the year and love it then it won’t get the praise it deserves 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I have a kindle book called Happy New Year which will be my book of choice, then I’ve managed to get Demon Copperhead on audio which will be my listen, because it’s 21 hours long so definitely will get me into next year!
YES!

i’m literally reading the sequel to a tessa bailey book i didn’t even particularly enjoy because i don’t want to start anything “good”. if i love it, then it gets trapped at the end of my goodreads when i’ve already accepted the total and named my favourites of the year 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I want to start Remarkably Bright Creatures but I feel like if I finish it before the year and love it then it won’t get the praise it deserves 😂

YES!

i’m literally reading the sequel to a tessa bailey book i didn’t even particularly enjoy because i don’t want to start anything “good”. if i love it, then it gets trapped at the end of my goodreads when i’ve already accepted the total and named my favourites of the year 🤣
I’m pleased it’s not just me! It definitely feels like anything I read and finish now wouldn’t count.

Also Remarkably Bright Creatures is going to be my official first audiobook of 2024 too for that very same reason!

• Heart
I have a weird tradition you could call it where I always like to read a ski themed book at this time of year - you know the type - trip to a chalet and there’s a murder to uncover vibe- if that’s not my current read when the clock strikes 12 at new year I’ve failed 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
somehow fell into waterstones today (to shelter from the wind! only reason!) and ended up buying masters of death and the shepherd king duology - i’m sure someone here recced the second ones so i’m fully blaming you 🤣😘
We believe you..

I’ve just finished the first one and need to get the second - I should have added it my sale order but I was clearly overexcited and checked out too quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
“I will not buy anymore books” proceeds to buy 10 books in the last 4 days 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
I’m pleased it’s not just me! It definitely feels like anything I read and finish now wouldn’t count.

Also Remarkably Bright Creatures is going to be my official first audiobook of 2024 too for that very same reason!
I noticed Tess Bailey books reduced to a pound in the bookshop. I put it back after reading Tattlers reviews.

Reactions: 2
These are the books I read in December.
1703776052403.png
1703776082571.png
1703776255281.png
1703776289351.png
1703776322930.png

Best read: Christmas on the Little Cornish Isles because it was a enjoyable read as the characters were extremely relatable, I liked where the book was set as I could imagine myself going into the Driftwood Inn and meeting all of the regulars as they all seemed to have a good community spirit with easy other plus at times I didn't want to put the book down as I wanted to see what happened next to Maisie and Patrick.

Worst read: The Case of the Ghost of Christmas Morning as I didn't understand what was happening at various times throughout the book as I had to re-read sentences numerous times and even after I did this it still didn't make any sense to me, at the end when the murderer was revealed I couldn't understand the motive behind it and what the villain's goal was and overall it was just too complicated for me to understand what was going on as too many things were happening at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Haha yes!

I was torn between reading 2 more books (that weren’t top of my list) to round off my 2023 number or read something I was keen to read knowing I’ll finish it after the 31st so decided to get ahead of my 2024 goal lol
---
I have a weird tradition you could call it where I always like to read a ski themed book at this time of year - you know the type - trip to a chalet and there’s a murder to uncover vibe- if that’s not my current read when the clock strikes 12 at new year I’ve failed 😂😂😂
I like the sound of a ski themed book but have never read one. Any recommendations?

My Waterstones delivery went to my neighbour’s house and now they’re not in 😭

Not like I don’t have around 20 unread books on my shelf anyway 🫢

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I think masters of death may have been me 🤣 also a Shepard king lover 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I also popped into Waterstones today with my daughters. My 13 year old chose Richard Osman Thursday Murder Club, was a bit surprised as she usually likes spiritual animal magical style books. I mooched and very nearly picked up Fourth Wing but didn't because it isn't my usual type of read. But I have reviews saying it appeals to almost all types of readers. Is it worth a read?

Reactions: 4
Finished None of this is true by Lisa Jewell this evening (got to love WFH days when you are the only team member working).

I hung out for the audiobook to be available and I was so glad I did, I really enjoyed the format of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Does anyone use a page turner clicker for their kindle? I’m finding I’m getting a wrist from holding my kindle despite it having a pop socket on and I wondered if a clicker might help. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone use a page turner clicker for their kindle? I’m finding I’m getting a wrist from holding my kindle despite it having a pop socket on and I wondered if a clicker might help. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I do and I love it. I’ve got a stand and page turner, so I can place it on my bedside table for maximum comfort 🥰

Amazon product

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.