Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CoffeeMamma

VIP Member
Hey 👋 I have been skirting round this thread because I think I have such different tastes to the commenters here but just wanted to say that I have recently got back into reading or I should say "prioritising" reading after barely reading since becoming a mum and have hit my goal of 12 books before the year end so I'm really happy 🥰 just wanted to share!

• Heart
Reactions: 39

nbt

VIP Member
Hoping it’s going to be okay to post this, impossible to block everyone out in such a busy place. But I thought you’d all appreciate the book Christmas tree in St Pancras 🥰

IMG_8168.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Just coming to say for my Hannah Grace fans.

Henrys book 'Daydream' was made available for pre order today. The cover is so lovely.

Ive been pretty quiet but reading my silly little romances in the background because its all I can stomach right now. My mental health is in the toilet and I am genuinely finding the thought of feeling bad for the rest of my life overwhelming and unbearable but Im determined to keep my kindle streak up 🥲 priorities eh

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Carapop

VIP Member
Not a single book have I finished this month, but oh so many have been started and abandoned. It’s been a very strange October, 31 days in a hospital with so much time to kill, I thought I’d be tearing through a book a day. But concentration levels are shot. Goal for next month is a book a week! Looking forward to a new month of deals, maybe one willl excite me enough to keep my attention 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 29

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Hello there. I've been AWOL from Tattle for various reasons including a smashed phone, getting a new one and trying to log back into this account. My mental health has been a bit ropey too as I enter the yearly "Do I have still a job in January?" race. But I missed the bookish chats so here I am :)

As a side note, drinking and driving is pretty common in LA according to a relative that lives there. I'm ashamed to admit that I have been driven home by this relative after they had a bottle of wine on our last visit. Too young and scared to question it at the time. But yes, I'd agree it's pretty common in their culture unless you are falling off your seat and cannot walk levels of drunkenness.

Also, very much here for a betwix readathon to mark the end of 2023. Definitely starting to see the light now Small Biscuit has turned 3 and started to embrace solo play. It has meant slightly more time to read when the kids are about.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I know we don't usually have titles but I loved it and there are no rules here. Thread title suggested by @LaBlonde and @StephenTJackson.

Happy Reading ☺ we are into the final 3 months of the year. Thought we could maybe discuss where we are with our targets (if you set one)

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
You’ll 100% fit in! 😂 Another anti-Crawdads, lit degree holder here 🙋🏼‍♀️ Welcome!
and a third anti-crawdads, lit (and creative writing) degree holder here 💁🏼‍♀️ welcome @CoffeeMamma!

you probably all didn’t realise i didn’t like crawdads though, i really don’t mention it much.

• Haha
  • Heart

SaintLeo

VIP Member
Am I the only person who doesn’t do the seasonal theme book thing? Before this thread it’d never occurred to me to look for autumnal or Christmas themed reads. The closest I get is getting the urge to read more classics during the winter which is probably just an old habit from being a student when it was forced on me at this time of year!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

nbt

VIP Member
I was having a little think about our thread here.

Can any long timers remember when we did a bit of a readathon one bank holiday? We each read for a while and gave some stats about what and where we read, how long for, how many pages, format, what we ate and drank etc.

Anyone fancy doing it again over Christmas? Doesn’t have to be a set day, maybe just between Christmas and NY people could join in if they wanted to. If so I’ll post some questions a couple of days beforehand - suggestions welcome ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
One of the things I love about this thread is how we all have such different opinions about the same book. I’m a big Sophie Kinsella fan, and I think I just really related to a lot of The Burnout, so I really loved it - completely understand the criticisms though 🥰

This is the ultimate unproblematic thread on this whole website 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha

OH.FFS

VIP Member
I woke up today feeling so poorly. Like I’m never going to have any better days.

last week my new granddaughter was born
I’ve not met her yet
I’m just so sick

anyhow, I decided today to get lost in a book, just a short one because I can’t concentrate much and now all my broken pieces are spilling out and I cannot stop … you’ve probably guessed I read ‘and every morning the way home gets longer and longer’ and I don’t think I’ll ever be the same again 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
I don't learn my lesson. Haven't ever enjoyed an Amazon First Read, but saw Tessa Bailey and 'novella' and thought eh, I liked one of her books, how bad can it be in 100 pages?

Bad

So bad

The worst

• Haha
  • Wow

HoGi

VIP Member
Hey 👋 I have been skirting round this thread because I think I have such different tastes to the commenters here but just wanted to say that I have recently got back into reading or I should say "prioritising" reading after barely reading since becoming a mum and have hit my goal of 12 books before the year end so I'm really happy 🥰 just wanted to share!
We love all genres here! Someone's favourite is another's hell (cough Where the Crawdads sing)

What sort of thing have you been enjoying?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Once again work has got in the way of my reading 😠 If only I got paid to read! I’m off next week and away for a few days so I’m taking a fully loaded Kindle, sitting by the fire in the evenings with a glass of vino and I can’t wait!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Pinkii

VIP Member
Guys.. been really shit with my reading this month and even fell off this thread which is my fave thread.

had a shitty few weeks (being made redundant 😩) but feeling a bit more positive and hoping i can get back into reading properly.

Been listening to ‘really good actually’, and I’m not really drawn into it so I think that also hasn’t helped that I haven’t had a book to grip ny interest.

seen some great recommendations on this thread so Will check some of those out

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I was on Waterstones last night and pre ordered the special edition Fourth Wing. Im a disgrace.

Id put it on my Christmas list and had to text both my parents to say please remove it. (Yes Im a child, I still do a list 🥺)

• Heart
Reactions: 17