Books #23 Reading Chats. Unproblematically Pleased With Our TBR Piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm only a 3rd of the way through, life keeping getting in the way I'm annoyed lol
I'm the same but halfway through, didn't have much time over the weekend to read. But it's also one of those books I can keep reading at night and staying up too late which I can't really allow myself this week as have a busy week at work 😭

Reactions: 3
Just finished A Month in Provence by Gillian Harvey. Cried and laughed my way through it.
Much better than what I expected which probably explains the wait for it from the library.

Reactions: 4
I'm only a 3rd of the way through, life keeping getting in the way I'm annoyed lol
Same! I’m now 2/3s of the way through and thought I’d have finished it by now but barely had any chance to read Thurs/Fri. Successfully avoided spoilers so far though and will hopefully finish it tomorrow.. or maybe Wednesday..

Can someone do me a HUGE favour please and post a pic of the font from The Year of the Locust? I'd like to get my Dad a copy for Christmas but his eyesight isn't the best. I'm hoping the hardback has a bigger font?! Thank you!

Oh no, I started Happy Place assuming I'd love it because I've liked all the other Emily Henrys...I hate it so far? IS NOTHING SAFE?
Omg I really didn't like Happy Place and I had loved all the other Emily books, even her YAs. Happy Place just dragged and no one was likable and everyone needed therapy and the two main characters were so boring and the conflict was solved by magic.

Reactions: 5
Can someone do me a HUGE favour please and post a pic of the font from The Year of the Locust? I'd like to get my Dad a copy for Christmas but his eyesight isn't the best. I'm hoping the hardback has a bigger font?! Thank you!
I’m at work at the moment but can confirm it is small. Not sure if they do a large print. Does he have an e-reader?

• Heart
I’m at work at the moment but can confirm it is small. Not sure if they do a large print. Does he have an e-reader?
I ended up seeing a photo on Waterstones website. Thank you though!! He has my old Kindle but it's still sitting in his drawer uncharged 😂 Keep telling him it's perfect for changing the font.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I ended up seeing a photo on Waterstones website. Thank you though!! He has my old Kindle but it's still sitting in his drawer uncharged 😂 Keep telling him it's perfect for changing the font.
Sounds exactly like my mum 😂 She insisted the wanted to keep a bran new samsung tablet I bought and almost a year later she’s not used it once 😬 I told her to give it to my nephew

• Haha
I’ve dabbled with writing fan fiction over the years, haven’t written anything in such a long time though. I miss it. I can spend hours upon hours writing fluffy nonsense 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was on Waterstones last night and pre ordered the special edition Fourth Wing. Im a disgrace.

Id put it on my Christmas list and had to text both my parents to say please remove it. (Yes Im a child, I still do a list 🥺)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Am i the only person who doesn't rate The Kite Runner? I found it as boring af.. it's a contender for work book club and I just know its gonna get picked.. not reading it again if it is though

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Am i the only person who doesn't rate The Kite Runner? I found it as boring af.. it's a contender for work book club and I just know its gonna get picked.. not reading it again if it is though
I studied it for A-level and really enjoyed it. I think having it as a set text where we analysed and discussed it as a group made me enjoy it more.

I don't get it either! I thought it was clunky, and it feels like you're meant to empathise with the protagonist but I couldn't stand him.

I found A Thousand Splendid Suns better, but in hindsight it didn't make for a great beach read (appreciate that's on me though!)

• Heart
Just finished A Month in Provence by Gillian Harvey. Cried and laughed my way through it.
Much better than what I expected which probably explains the wait for it from the library.
Just went to search for this (influenced by this thread as always!) and it's free on Prime Reading if anyone uses it :)

Reactions: 5
I don't get it either! I thought it was clunky, and it feels like you're meant to empathise with the protagonist but I couldn't stand him.

I found A Thousand Splendid Suns better, but in hindsight it didn't make for a great beach read (appreciate that's on me though!)
yes exactly..i really didn't get along with the main protagonist.. i mean i dont have to like them to enjoy a book but i found him so boring

Reactions: 2
Just started ‘i’ll give you the sun’ by Jandy Nelson

Its one of those books that i don’t want to put down atm.

it has high ratings so i have high hopes it continues to be good.

Just started ‘i’ll give you the sun’ by Jandy Nelson

Its one of those books that i don’t want to put down atm.

it has high ratings so i have high hopes it continues to be good.
One of my favorite YAs. Hope you enjoy ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.