Books #23 Reading Chats. Unproblematically Pleased With Our TBR Piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we don't usually have titles but I loved it and there are no rules here. Thread title suggested by @LaBlonde and @StephenTJackson.

Happy Reading ☺ we are into the final 3 months of the year. Thought we could maybe discuss where we are with our targets (if you set one)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I finally finished The Running Grave, I’ve had a reading slump due to being ill and busy. It was the best yet of the Strike series.

Next to read: An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P.D. James

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know we don't usually have titles but I loved it and there are no rules here. Thread title suggested by @LaBlonde and @StephenTJackson.

Happy Reading ☺ we are into the final 3 months of the year. Thought we could maybe discuss where we are with our targets (if you set one)
Jayzus!!!!! I've just checked my library account and I'm up to 152!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😲😲😲
Must be about 160 with others I've read.....
#bookaholic

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

My target was 100, 78 down, I may or may not reach it but I'm pleased I've got all those books read. Been a bit slow lately and will definitely slow right down over Christmas as its so busy.

Reactions: 6
Love the title

I've upped my goal several times over the year as I'd hit the previous one. I'm at 60 books for the year right now. My reading motivation comes and goes though. I look back at previous reading challenges in Goodreads over the years and some years I didn't even hit a 20 book goal.

Reactions: 9
My target was 40, I met that so increased to 80. I've completed 69 and in the middle of both 70 and 71 so shouldn't have a problem meeting my target.

I've only read digital or audio books this year, no physical books 😯 so my plan is to continue and do my best to read as many as possible from my BB TBR and hit the physical TBR next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jayzus!!!!! I've just checked my library account and I'm up to 152!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😲😲😲
Must be about 160 with others I've read.....
#bookaholic
Wow this is amazing. I’ve been in a reading slump for years and seem to average about 3 books a year 🙈 I’ve finished six so far this year but that’s in less than two months.

How much time do you think you spend reading each day? I sometimes wonder if I’m a slow reader because even when I’m gripped on a book it still seems to take me 4-7 days. So these kind of numbers are mind blowing to me!

My goal was 60 for the year and I hit it in halfway through August! I’ve had a slow couple of months since and only read 4 books the past two months so luckily I didn’t update it 🤣 I’d love to hit 100 one year but I don’t think it’ll be this year.

@ToolaRoola I haven’t read a single physical book this year either! Crazy

• Heart
I think I may have underestimated myself this year 😂 think I’ll edit and put it up to 50.

IMG_1965.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
My target was 100 books and I’m at 122. Last year I read 135 so I imagine it’ll be about the same this year as I guess I won’t read as many in December.

I’ve always enjoyed reading but it’s only been the last 2/3 years where I’ve read so much. I used to finish a book and have to leave it a few days before starting another. Now, I’m never not reading or listening to something.

I think it’s my biggest hobby - that and browsing and buying books of course, as we all appreciate that’s two separate hobbies 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow this is amazing. I’ve been in a reading slump for years and seem to average about 3 books a year 🙈 I’ve finished six so far this year but that’s in less than two months.

How much time do you think you spend reading each day? I sometimes wonder if I’m a slow reader because even when I’m gripped on a book it still seems to take me 4-7 days. So these kind of numbers are mind blowing to me!
I probably spend 30 mins to an hour each day (bedtime) but if I can get some me time at weekends I might read during the day too. I read anything from 3-12 books a month, has been at the lower end the scale for the past 3 months. I'm better at reading in the winter than the summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My target was 52 and I’ve read 64 now, tempted to up my goal to 75 but haven’t committed yet.

@ordinaryjelly I think Waterstones rewards only expire when you haven’t used the card at all for a year - so buying something or redeeming rewards for one book will reset the year. Although a £120 book haul does sound great!

Reactions: 5
I tend to read for an hour or two through the week and a good four or five hours on my days off. If I’m into a book, I can get it finished in two days.

Reactions: 3

I have to admit to being a fast reader. I can gobble a book up in a day. 🤭😀
Once I get past the books I have left to read I'm going to be very firm with myself. 2 books a week max!!!
like you haven't already said that a thousand times!!!🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
My original goal was 12 books for the year… which I achieved in probably February 🤪 so I upped it to 52. I am currently reading book 71 and I think I would like to have read 80 by the end of the year.

• Heart
  • Wow
I'm on 104/100 and I am part way through 3 books.

Last year I did 117 so I am on track to beat that.

I really want my mum to sign up to goodreads or storygraph next year as she reads so much, I am intrigued to know exactly how many.

My target is 76, Ive read 74. Ive had a very up and down reading year, started strong and the middle of the year was poor quality and quantity wise to be honest. Its picked up again but Im not reading as much as I did last year (102)

I listened to more audiobooks last year whereas Ive had a more intense work load this year so havent had the opportunity and listened to music or podcasts instead.

• Heart
I think I’ve been converted to audiobooks..got an email from Amazon with a 30 day free trial and 1 credit so I gave it a go. Been listening to the twit files by dawn French on and off all day and I’m loving it!

• Heart
I think I’ve been converted to audiobooks..got an email from Amazon with a 30 day free trial and 1 credit so I gave it a go. Been listening to the twit files by dawn French on and off all day and I’m loving it!
Its a slippery slope now 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.