Books #23 Reading Chats. Unproblematically Pleased With Our TBR Piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Caffeine Fiend you'll be pleased to know after you recommending I listen to Born a crime, my daughter overheard bits and has now bought it.

Annoyingly I returned my 99p purchase in favour of listening on Spotify and she spent £5.50 buying it from Google books. (Nor will she wait for it to be 99p again because she won't use my Kindle as prefers Google books).
I love this! It really is one of my absolute favourites.
---
Any thoughts? I see Sally Rooney.

Attachments

Last edited:
oh my sweet lolz.

it’s getting someone in the mood but then stopping right at the point that they’re about to orgasm and starting the process again. usually multiple times before they’re allowed to finish. very extreme teasing, basically
Was hoping for something a bit more spicy then 😂 Which is why I didn’t google it!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Was hoping for something a bit more spicy then 😂 Which is why I didn’t google it!
I’m pleased you asked. I’d never have googled although thankfully it’s not like some of the things I’ve had to google after hearing about them on Tattle

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i don't really have a least favourite book (maybe it starts with us by colleen hoover, what a pointless read)

to go back to frieda mcfadden since i spent the whole summer reading her, i agree they're not the best books but honestly they're so quick, easy and fun 😂 but if you ready many of them in a row, it does become quite repetitive

- something in the medical field
- ''i am conventionally attractive but i haven't realized it my whole life even though men are throwing themselves at me''
- someone is extremely rich
- receiving texts from an unknown number
- bad parenting
- snow storms and cold weather

Reactions: 6
Hey 👋 I have been skirting round this thread because I think I have such different tastes to the commenters here but just wanted to say that I have recently got back into reading or I should say "prioritising" reading after barely reading since becoming a mum and have hit my goal of 12 books before the year end so I'm really happy 🥰 just wanted to share!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Hey 👋 I have been skirting round this thread because I think I have such different tastes to the commenters here but just wanted to say that I have recently got back into reading or I should say "prioritising" reading after barely reading since becoming a mum and have hit my goal of 12 books before the year end so I'm really happy 🥰 just wanted to share!
We love all genres here! Someone's favourite is another's hell (cough Where the Crawdads sing)

What sort of thing have you been enjoying?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
For Christmas I think I am going to read the following books:
The Christmas Murder Game by Alexandra Benedict
A Wedding at Christmas by Chrissie Manby
I'm Glad I Found You This Christmas by CP Ward
The Winter Mystery by Faith Martin
Christmas on the Little Cornish Isles by Phillipa Ashley
Portrait of a Murderer by Anne Meredith

• Heart
Reactions: 7
We love all genres here! Someone's favourite is another's hell (cough Where the Crawdads sing)

What sort of thing have you been enjoying?
I just finished The Christmas Escape by Sarah Morgan- which was a lovely fluffy romance, then The Couple at Number 9, which was an incredible page turner by Clare Douglas- first book in ages where I didn't see the twists!
I do not like Where the Crawdads Sing 🙈 I tend to not like the stuff that is "Booktok" famous, but that's probably my Literature degree talking!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do not like Where the Crawdads Sing 🙈 I tend to not like the stuff that is "Booktok" famous, but that's probably my Literature degree talking!
You’ll 100% fit in! 😂 Another anti-Crawdads, lit degree holder here 🙋🏼‍♀️ Welcome!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
You’ll 100% fit in! 😂 Another anti-Crawdads, lit degree holder here 🙋🏼‍♀️ Welcome!
and a third anti-crawdads, lit (and creative writing) degree holder here 💁🏼‍♀️ welcome @CoffeeMamma!

you probably all didn’t realise i didn’t like crawdads though, i really don’t mention it much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Welcome. I definitely dont think there is one type of book we all collectively read. Personally I read a massive range. Ive just finished a small town romance book and now started Yellowface. 😅 couldnt be further from each other 🥲

Its so hard to get back into reading when you have small children / babies. There just doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day.

• Heart
Aww, the Crawdads- I’m convinced this book is out to get me! Recommended by countless friends and relatives, including outings to see the film. Kindly thank you, but no🤣

• Haha
I havent read it :D I know you shouldn't but something about the cover really puts me off.
I’m the same! I was beginning to think I was the last person left who hadn’t read it. Nothing about it appeals but yet I feel like I’m missing out on the group hate/love (depending on what camp you’re in).

I just finished The Christmas Escape by Sarah Morgan- which was a lovely fluffy romance, then The Couple at Number 9, which was an incredible page turner by Clare Douglas- first book in ages where I didn't see the twists!
Loved The Couple at Number 9 too. I think it's her best novel.
I agree with some booktok books especially the "chick lit" style. Not me for but understand they are an easy read for many so nothing against them!
I read basically anything apart from heavy Sci fi. My favourites are literary/ translated/ fantasy and thrillers.

Reactions: 4
Just as well we all like different stuff or we'd be boring!
I decided on Lisa Jewell's Watching You as my next read. I really enjoyed The Family Upstairs.
I borrow all my books from the library, and it's very small so if I want to borrow anything specific I have to go into the city or waitlist myself, so I do tend to just read what I see there which tickles my fancy!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.