Books #23 Reading Chats. Unproblematically Pleased With Our TBR Piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it? I’ve been waiting to show it off all month 🥰👻

I use insta stories to upload the images into the spaces, then just save them. If you search my posts on here and “insta template” I’ve explained in more detail before so hopefully that’ll help 🧡
Oh brill thank you, I’ll have a look for your post. They are very cute!
---
I did it, woo! I’m really proud of myself for finishing six books in one month. My most successful year since using Goodreads was 8 books in 2015 so this is already my best year yet (as I’ve got two in September). Just hope I can keep it up.

My favourite October read was The Simple Wild followed by The Hike. My least favourite was probably Marshmallows for Breakfast

2CC92147-96ED-4C58-A8FE-A22C9BF23FFC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm interested in The Simple Wild - A Fate of Wrath and Flame by the same author is one of my favourites of this year.

Reactions: 3
6 for me this month, mostly 4 stars, no 5 stars.

My 4 stars were

Lessons in Chemistry - Bonnie Garmus
Turn of the Key - Ruth Ware
This Child Of Ours - Sadie Pearse
One Click - Andrea Mara

May have a 7th book finished this month of I crack on and finish it today, The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman. Not enjoying it so that gets 2 stars

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Here's my list for the month of October, got another 13 books done. I was trying to finish a 14th but it's 9.40pm and I'm calling it a night with 52% of the book to go.

Favourite Book: 3 way tie between None of This Is True, The Leftover Woman and The Last One At The Party

Least Favourite: You Made A Fool Of Death With Your Beauty

Goal for next month is 13 again. Also most of my book clubs wind up in November so making the most of their books this month.

Attachments

Screenshot_20231031_134506_Gallery.jpg

Trying my hand at this! I tried to get through a few of my gothic backlog and I've been rewarded by my bathroom light flickering eerily 👻

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Here's my list for the month of October, got another 13 books done. I was trying to finish a 14th but it's 9.40pm and I'm calling it a night with 52% of the book to go.

Favourite Book: 3 way tie between None of This Is True, The Leftover Woman and The Last One At The Party

Least Favourite: You Made A Fool Of Death With Your Beauty

Goal for next month is 13 again. Also most of my book clubs wind up in November so making the most of their books this month.
you and i rated YMAFODWYB the same 🤣 even weeks later, i’m still annoyed by the central character.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I woke up today feeling so poorly. Like I’m never going to have any better days.

last week my new granddaughter was born
I’ve not met her yet
I’m just so sick

anyhow, I decided today to get lost in a book, just a short one because I can’t concentrate much and now all my broken pieces are spilling out and I cannot stop … you’ve probably guessed I read ‘and every morning the way home gets longer and longer’ and I don’t think I’ll ever be the same again 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
491759C0-D8EC-48BF-9DB0-0F8EB69F5203.jpeg

my reads this month. The standout for me is definitely The Bodyguard, really enjoyed it!

I started lessons in chemistry today and I’m loving it. I’m predicting it’ll be a 5 star, I’ve heard so much about it all year so not sure why it’s took me so long to start! One of those audiobooks where I’m looking for stuff to do so I can listen 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My fave time of the month! I love seeing what everyone read and adding to the never ending TBR.

Here are my reads. I had a good month with 8 books! My favourite was The Leftover Woman

IMG_2202.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Ive got the simple wild on my TBR.

Is it closed door romance or what? My roommate is a vampire was super cute but not smutty enough for me 😂

I cant do two non spicy romances on the trot.

Also no I never read one after the other. Always need a rest in a series.
There's only one scene I remember being slightly spicy but would say its more closed door!

Edit: Whoops sorry just seen Tofino already replied! :giggle:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have to go to the office tomorrow so wont have my usual 1st of the Month browsing time in the AM and Im straight out after work too 🥲

• Sad
Did you enjoy The Man of her Dreams? I always read Sarra Manning but haven't ordered this one yet
I'll be honest and say I thought it was pretty tit, very disappointed. The writing is excellent as usual but the story was not my cup of tea. On top of that she was trying to make a point with all the current buzz words and it was just a bit OTT and spoilt it for me. I feel like these days some of the writers hit you in the face with "women good, men bad" but we can all read between the lines it doesn't have to spoonfed

I'll be honest and say I thought it was pretty tit, very disappointed. The writing is excellent as usual but the story was not my cup of tea. On top of that she was trying to make a point with all the current buzz words and it was just a bit OTT and spoilt it for me. I feel like these days some of the writers hit you in the face with "women good, men bad" but we can all read between the lines it doesn't have to spoonfed
Ahh that's a shame! I have ordered it from the library instead of buying so if it's bad I won't feel guilty not finishing it 😂

Totally agree about some authors not letting readers read between the lines, it's so frustrating!

Managed 6 books in October

The man who died Twice - Richard Osman
The Bodyguard by Katherine Center
The Bullet that Missed - Richard Osman
Not the Witch you wed - April Asher
One of us is back - Karen McManus
Not your ex's Hexes- April Asher

Not a single book have I finished this month, but oh so many have been started and abandoned. It’s been a very strange October, 31 days in a hospital with so much time to kill, I thought I’d be tearing through a book a day. But concentration levels are shot. Goal for next month is a book a week! Looking forward to a new month of deals, maybe one willl excite me enough to keep my attention 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.