Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I’m saying is if you guys don’t have I heart New York in the next thread title, something will be wrong 😉

I need to read it, I swear it’s become like this threads bible 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It's a book by Lindsey Kelk. First in a series of eight. I like them a lot.

Has anyone read a book by Graham Norton? My step Mum bought me one of her books today and I don't know what to think of it. The Keeper, it's called.
Actually reading this at the moment. Its lovely, a bit slow but not in a bad way. Its very Irish and has gotten great reviews over here but I'm not sure if it will translate as well to a UK audience.

It's a book by Lindsey Kelk. First in a series of eight. I like them a lot.

Has anyone read a book by Graham Norton? My step Mum bought me one of her books today and I don't know what to think of it. The Keeper, it's called.
I read Holding, which was really very good.

All I’m saying is if you guys don’t have I heart New York in the next thread title, something will be wrong 😉

I need to read it, I swear it’s become like this threads bible 😂😂
I didn’t think we’d spoken about it that much 😂 I love the variety on this thread!!

i also can’t believe we’re near a third thread! 🥰😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn’t think we’d spoken about it that much 😂 I love the variety on this thread!!

i also can’t believe we’re near a third thread! 🥰😂
I didn’t think it had been mentioned that much - I had to google it to understand the reference. After looking it up it doesn’t look like my kind of book at all, each to their own I suppose.

Reactions: 2
Can someone please recommend crime fiction books? I've really been into them for a few months but running out now. Thank you!

I’ve just finished reading The Push by Ashley Audrain and thought it was amazing....although it had me in tears at some points! Not sure what to read next?

Reactions: 6
Just finished Greenwich Park after seeing it recommended on here.

Thought it was a slow burner and a little predictable. But still a good read 3/5

Reactions: 3
Can someone please recommend crime fiction books? I've really been into them for a few months but running out now. Thank you!
I like Camilla Lackberg books, crime stories but with a bit of a homely vibe. Jo Nesbo if you want something more gruesome.

The Crowther and Westerman series by Imogen Robertson is good if you like a historical twist.

I'm currently reading the Chris Carter series about Robert Hunter. The books focus on serial killers but there is usually a very inventive murder or two.

Oh no sorry guys I didn’t mean it in a bad way 😩 I love finding new books! I’ve just seen a few folk talking about it and the hype behind it seemed really sweet. I liked it 😊

• Heart
Just finished Greenwich Park after seeing it recommended on here.

Thought it was a slow burner and a little predictable. But still a good read 3/5
same! I expected more, it wasn’t bad it just wasn’t anything special,

watch her fall by Erin Kelly I read directly after and really enjoyed!
But as I’ve said before I think I love the behind the scenes of the dark elite ballet world aspect!

same! I expected more, it wasn’t bad it just wasn’t anything special,

watch her fall by Erin Kelly I read directly after and really enjoyed!
But as I’ve said before I think I love the behind the scenes of the dark elite ballet world aspect!
Yeh totally agree. Wouldn't recommend it people but I still enjoyed it

I love books about ballet so I will have to check that out

Oh no sorry guys I didn’t mean it in a bad way 😩 I love finding new books! I’ve just seen a few folk talking about it and the hype behind it seemed really sweet. I liked it 😊
Don't worry I know what you meant! It has made me want to read it too :giggle:

Omg I am SO tired I stayed up til 2am trying to finish The Huntress. Still got 20% to go though. Really enjoying it, I need to know how it ends!!

I feel like I've fell from a third story window from lack of sleep. Oh how the pandemic had changed me, before I would have been out dancing til 3am now I can't handle a late night of reading 😂

Coffee and then time to finish the book

• Heart
Reactions: 7
no need to say sorry!!! This is the only thread on tattle where we will never ever need that word 🥰🥰

• Heart
Do you like modern day settings, or are you open to historical crime fiction? Also, do you prefer British writers or do you read foreign authors?

If you give me an idea of what you like and have already read I can recommend. I love crime fiction and have read all sorts - the scandi stuff is really good and there’s tonnes of it out there if you haven’t tried that yet. I recommend the Dept Q series by Jussi Adler Olsen, also the Jo Nesbo books and Asa Larsson.

If it’s historical crime fiction you’re after you can’t go wrong with CJ Sansom’s Shardlake series. Sam Eastland is also worth a read and I enjoyed Mark Ellis DCI Frank Merlin.

Anyway, there’s a treasure trove out there. Even if you don’t read any of the ones I’ve mentioned I’m sure you’ll find something that floats your boat - happy reading!

Agree with above Jo Nesbo and Jussi Adler Olson are great. I havent read any of theres I dont like.

Im 50% through Last One to The Party. Started it last night and worked today 😂 Im hooked.

• Heart
I've finished Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones. Bloody brilliant. Highly recommend it.
I've just started Hamnet this afternoon. What a contrast! I've read quite a few of Maggie O'Farrell's and her writing is always great IMO, so have high hopes for this. Anyone read it yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.