Books! #2 What are you reading, recommendations & reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished last one at the party. Wow!!! Such a unique book and so thought provoking. It has made me want to stockpile though 😂 you know, just in case!

The question is what do I read next? 🤔🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 4
@Oohthedrama im 63% of the way through Johnny Be Good and I’m loooving it. Definitely something I’d have loved to read when I was about 16 and a bit of a fangirl🤣 such an easy book to read but I’m really enjoying it! Will definitely read the rest of the series

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've finished Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones. Bloody brilliant. Highly recommend it.
I've just started Hamnet this afternoon. What a contrast! I've read quite a few of Maggie O'Farrell's and her writing is always great IMO, so have high hopes for this. Anyone read it yet?
I’m waiting for Hamnet to come down in price....I’ve heard it’s wonderful. Let me know what you think 😀

Hamnet was the best book I read in 2020, it was so so good. it’s out in paperback now so it’s under. £5

@Oohthedrama im 63% of the way through Johnny Be Good and I’m loooving it. Definitely something I’d have loved to read when I was about 16 and a bit of a fangirl🤣 such an easy book to read but I’m really enjoying it! Will definitely read the rest of the series
so you then need to move onto “baby be mine” afterwards m, that’s much more of a story really 😂 looking back it is verging towards YA, but I remember reading it and really the series as a whole!

I even read the spin off book 😂 which was a YA and not my thing 😂

easy weekend reading 😍

New book chosen. I’m going for What you did by Claire McGowan.

Reactions: 2
Another for Jo Nesbo but don't read too many on the trot. for an easy read Lee Child.

I've finished Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones. Bloody brilliant. Highly recommend it.
I've just started Hamnet this afternoon. What a contrast! I've read quite a few of Maggie O'Farrell's and her writing is always great IMO, so have high hopes for this. Anyone read it yet?
I’m reading Hamnet at the minute. I’m only a few chapters in but I’m struggling to get into it to be honest. But I’m going to persevere because I’ve heard so many great things about it!

Reactions: 3
Another for Jo Nesbo but don't read too many on the trot. for an easy read Lee Child.
I love Lee Child because I like Jack Reacher - I like to listen to them as talking books because the guy who reads them has such a sexy voice but you do notice much more with an audio book how often Child writes “Reacher said nothing”. My husband has started saying it along with the narrator.

Husband read about 8 Jo Nesbo on my recommendation and then had to stop because he was getting depressed and anxious 😂

• Haha
Just finished Last One at The Party. The ending :eek: I want more. It was a really thought provoking read though.

About to start Dominicana by Angie Cruz. I bought it on a kindle 99p deal a while ago. Reviews are really good :)

• Heart
Just finished Last One at The Party. The ending :eek: I want more. It was a really thought provoking read though.

About to start Dominicana by Angie Cruz. I bought it on a kindle 99p deal a while ago. Reviews are really good :)
I finished Last One at the Party over two weeks ago and my mind keeps floating back to it. I want to know what happens next and more info about what’s revealed in the ending.

• Heart
I’m reading Hamnet at the minute. I’m only a few chapters in but I’m struggling to get into it to be honest. But I’m going to persevere because I’ve heard so many great things about it!
I read it and thought it was average. It was so hyped though that maybe I went in with too high expectations. It was fine but wasn't a book that I couldn't put down.

I finished Last One at the Party over two weeks ago and my mind keeps floating back to it. I want to know what happens next and more info about what’s revealed in the ending.
Thats how I felt. At first, I was disappointed by the ending (no spoilers), but in hindsight, I kinda liked they way it ended. We didn't even know her name, which was a deliberate move by the author, which made it all even more thought provoking given that the main character tells us so much about herself and her life before 6DM. Its deffo my fave book so far this year 😀

• Heart
I downloaded last one at the party after the recommendations on here. I suggested to my boyfriend we both read it at the same time. I read a few chapters before bed but he got to 15% in one sitting, which is unheard of for him! He usually takes months to finish a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Don’t do it 😩😩😩

did it. 🤦‍♀️
downloaded........ Last one at the party.
You’re all such a bad influence 😕

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Since I last posted on here I have read and finished these -

What Alice Forget - loved, and I generally dislike Liane Moriarty as she is dull and predictable.
Four Winds - I liked it but it is different to Kristen Hannah's other books.
Bright Burning Things - hands down the best book I have read so far this year.
No Exit, couldn't put it down, a good read.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.