Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Definitely! I’ve fallen asleep with my kindle still in my hand no end of times, because I’ve told myself I can get through a 5/6 minute chapter and ended up falling asleep a couple of mins in 😂😴

View attachment 526946

This is (part of) my TBR list. I have waaaay more but I’ve cropped because I do actually HAVE these books and cannot possibly download anymore right now!

What should I read next?
I’ve not read the switch but I’ve read a couple of Beth O’Leary’s books and enjoyed them. Nice easy reads.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Marylou

VIP Member
I’m reading a series by D S Butler about DI Karen Hart. I’m on the 3rd one now and enjoying them so far.
I've read all the series, brilliant books. You may also enjoy Rachel Abbott as she has a really good detective series.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I read The Mothers last year, really enjoyed it and can actually remember the storyline so it was definitely a good one 😅
SAME!!! I didn’t realise I’d read anything from the author until I looked up The Other Couple, I haven’t read that one,

Have yall read: The Things We Can Not Say by Kelly Rimmer I listened to this book last year, and when i say i am still clinging onto the characters in this book.... I AM... It is set in 1942 WWII... and follows a girl from a young age to adulthood and all the things she has lived through... That is all i am going to say about it... dont want to give it away... OH MY~
this has reminded me of A Woman Of Substance by BTB,

and I will fight anyone who says that’s an awful book/series because I absolutely LOVED IT 😂 it’s years and years since I read it 🙈 like 20 😂

I've finished Broadcast by Liam Brown. Meh. No strong feelings for it in all honesty. I'm glad I got it from the library.

I have 2 more library books to read due back by 1st May so will try to read at least one more of them to make the most of it.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I saw so many rave reviews but I didn’t love it or hate it 🤷‍♀️ It was average.

I still haven’t started another book 😣 I need to find something, I’m just in a book bla rut, I know it’s my mood more than anything else, even choosing a book is too much 😂
I’m feeling a bit like that. Enjoying it but wouldn’t recommend it and will easily forget it.

I get overwhelmed with too many choices when I need to pick a new book 🤣

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Slightly off topic but I didn’t realise Nicole Moriarty and Liane Moriarty were sisters!!

both excellent authors!

peachhes

VIP Member
I’m currently reading the Bridgerton books after watching the series 😋
An author I love is Tim Weaver. I’ve preordered his next book which is out in a few weeks! Really good crime/psychological thriller stories.

Geranium

VIP Member
I am reading People Like Her by Ellery Lloyd. So far so good. Its about an Instamum and all the tricks used for influencing. Really shows life of a professional instagramer. She pretends she lives in chaos and is pimping her children out. Reminded me a bit of a middle class Stacey Solomon type " we got this, we are mama bears". And if that's not good enough its also a thriller. I love it. I'm on 55% and I just hope it doesn't let me down but I'm loving it.

I read her book The Housekeeper and really loved it.
Oh thank you, I’ll try that and also People Like Her. I love this thread , but I am buying so many books ha ha!

silkytoes

That’s great, thank you 😊
I’ve actually just finished The Hating Game!

I never think to look at Booktube because it seems to be all YA books
The popular big US channels are very YA based but the big UK channels are better for adult books :)

I don't read romance so I don't really have any recommendations for channels but I'm sure there are some out there.

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I only created an account here to comment on thr book thread!
Loads added to my wishlist and I downloaded Behind Closed Doors yesterday- it's free on kindle unlimited at the moment
I've just finished American Dirt - couldn't put it down!
I’m reading American Dirt now it’s so good! Although I’m having some strange dreams but that’s probably due to also watching Ozark!

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I’m over half way through Cilka’s Journey and I think I like it even more than the tattooist. It’s sooo good. I feel like I relate to her character a lot in this book. I will update properly when I finish!!

PreciousVenus

Before the Coffee Gets Cold is such a lovely book.

Currently reading 'Rawblood'. It's a nice gothic horror so far, reminds me quite a bit of 'Wakenhyrst'.

Been reading a chapter or two of 'Middlesex' in between everything else I read. I can never face such a long book in one go but I like breaking them up and this one is very easy to keep track of even with gaps between reading.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I have just finished the second book.

They are quite different to the series. A lot of what happened in series 1 doesn't happen in either book 1 or 2.

I watched the first episode then read the whole of book 1 then went back to watch the whole season. My friend who watched the season and is now reading the book is struggling with the book.

However I find them quite enjoyable. Worth a read if you enjoy the series in my opinion
Hmm I might give them a go. I absolutely love the series!! Thank you 🤣

potatowaffles

All I’m saying is if you guys don’t have I heart New York in the next thread title, something will be wrong 😉

I need to read it, I swear it’s become like this threads bible 😂😂

• Haha

silkytoes

Love To Kill A Mockingbird, I read it every few years as a comfort read.

Currently reading Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid, which I'm enjoying so far, although I'm not even half the way through yet. I'm not sure why but I've been struggling to find the motivation to read for the last two weeks, I think I've just been busy with other things.

peachhes

VIP Member
My MIL gave me a pile of books to borrow (I’ve already got a huge bookcase full of unread books of my own 😬) so I picked a new one out last night.
The Snakes by Sadie Jones. Blurb sounds good but reviews on Amazon are a bit hit and miss. Has anyone read it?

Funsizes

I am reading book 2 of 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami at the moment... book 1 took me a little while to get into and I was concerned because I hate not finishing books but I did eventually start to enjoy it! I am still early on in book 2 but I expect I will have a break in between this and book 3 with some lighter/shorter novels.