Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ses3711

VIP Member
Same don’t like spending over a fiver on kindle books (I’m so cheap 😂)
Haha me too. I binge at the beginning of the month on the monthly deals 😂

edited to add its 99p on audible but I’m a reader lol so I’ll wait.

Last edited:

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
I have a kindle paperwhite and love it but have recently joined my local library to save money. Kindle is great for the 99p books but for more expensive ones I’m definitely utilising the library.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I love this thread 🥰📚 I really found my love of reading throughout lockdown, my goodreads goal was to read 30 books in 2021 but I’ve upped it to 50 now.
I’ve upped mine today too! I was aiming for 24 across the year - I’m already at 15 only 3 months in so I’ve upped to 40!

I'm still sitting here thinking about yesterday's book. Wow!! The author has said she is hoping to make a sequel so fingers crossed.

I am starting a new one. £1.99 on kindle for The choice - Claire Wade. I'm going to try to pace myself more with this one :)

Does anyone have any dystopian recommendations?

potatowaffles

My partner just bought ‘love as always’ which was written by one of Fred & rose west’s children about growing up with them. Looks very interesting.

On my to read list is also ‘the real silent witnesses’. I’ve always been very intrigued by non fiction

Koakes

About to start Cilka’s Journey. It’s been sat on my kindle for ages and I keep putting off reading it because I know it’ll be nowhere near as good as the tattooist. Think it’s time I get it done though 🤣
I read this and it was good. But I definitely enjoyed the tattooist more

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Agree about The Hunting Party and Guest List. Both books were those that you read to the end for the sake of it. Slightly preferred the Guest List of the two. Probably wouldn't read her next one tbh.

Lies, Lies, Lies by Adele Parks was very good.
I can’t believe she’s had 20 books, some I’ve liked more than others but I don’t regret reading any of them!

the author I’m most disappointed with as time goes on is Sophie Kinsella.
I did love her shopaholic series, I even liked the Christmas one last year 😂 probably nostalgic reasons more than anything.
I liked the undomestic goddess enough to keep reading, 20st girl, they were easy reads, but her latest ones I just can’t get into and I don’t know if it’s just me, I also found her really early madeleine wickham books to be so different to what she eventually went on to write.
I worry lyndsey Kelk is following the same route for me 😫 the I Heart Series is one of my favourite series ever.

(actually what’s everyone’s favourite book series? The three that spring to mind for me without giving it much thought are the Emma Hearte/BTB books, the I heart series and strangely enough the Paige Toon Johnny Be Good series, but I’m sure there are more I just can’t think of right now.)

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I wish there was a way to share books on kindle 😂 I know it’ll never happen bcos they’d make absolutely no profit but it’s so annoying when my mum and I both want to read the same book and end up both buying it😂 if it was a hard copy we’d just share it! I LOVE my kindle but usually get a few “proper” books for birthdays/Christmas which I always look forward to
get her to sign into your account on an app, like an iPad app?

Amelia99

VIP Member
Just finished a book called “The Appeal” by Janice Hallett. Really enjoyed it. It’s a quirky take on the whodunnit genre.

lcb94

Really enjoyed blood orange!

The Guest List.....hhhmmmm I enjoyed it at the time, if not quite predictable, but now I've reflected I dont think I did enjoy it that much.

Does anyone use the Goodreads app? I've set a challenge of 50 books for the year, I'm on number 17!
these were my last two books! Do you have any other recommendations? Yes I use Goodreads, only on book 13 😅