Books #17 Reading Chats!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve hit a wall when it comes to reading. Im in a really bad reading slump and I have no idea what to do about it. Im currently reading Rebecca, but at the rate I’m going I’ll have it finished by next year 😅 I genuinely don’t feel motivated to pick it up, despite enjoying it when I do. I’m not sure if this is due to tiredness, uni work or what but I really don’t like it haha. Any advice?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve hit a wall when it comes to reading. Im in a really bad reading slump and I have no idea what to do about it. Im currently reading Rebecca, but at the rate I’m going I’ll have it finished by next year 😅 I genuinely don’t feel motivated to pick it up, despite enjoying it when I do. I’m not sure if this is due to tiredness, uni work or what but I really don’t like it haha. Any advice?
DNF that for now, find something lighter and shorter to get you back into the mojo.

I was like that a few weeks ago with Klara and the sun felt like such a drag.

Maybe a book of short stories? what genre is your fav?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
When I feel like that I either forget about reading for a good few days and put no pressure on myself to read, and that helps. Then sometimes it is different and I need to force my way through the slump and set a timer for just a few minutes and read what I can in that time, gradually I find myself picking books up on my own

Then sometimes I just need to go home to my favourite books and reread those or a good chunk of one of my favourites if not the whole thing. And that always lifts me out of a slump.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
DNF that for now, find something lighter and shorter to get you back into the mojo.

I was like that a few weeks ago with Klara and the sun felt like such a drag.

Maybe a book of short stories? what genre is your fav?
Tbf I didn’t love Klara and the sun either. I thought it rather overrated.

Reactions: 2
i went a few years back and FULLY prepared to go to trinity but only got as close as a bar opposite 🤣 too much shopping and drinking to make it to the library!

i finished again, rachel by marian keyes yesterday after absolutely flying through it. enjoyed it far more than rachel’s holiday, initially gave it four stars but downgraded to three when i woke up this morning.

just about to finally start pachinko (and collect my amazon order of three more books oops. i blame you lovely people)
omg let me know how you get on with it pal cos it’s been on my list for ages now! 😁

• Heart
Tbf I didn’t love Klara and the sun either. I thought it rather overrated.
It was so dull and it didnt help my slump! 🤣 just had no motivation to pick it up!
---
I’m pretty open to anything tbh. Although admittedly I’m really in the mood to read A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 😅😅
Oo then go for it! Definitely will get you back into reading in no time!

i would then recommend to read the crescent city series as she has a new book out in January 😉

• Heart
I ordered the first four Princess Diaries books in a boxed set from World of Books as I'm feeling nostalgic and they arrived today. So excited to read them 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can anyone recommend some books for me to take on my hols? I like thrillers (I think!) with a good twist. The last book I read that I enjoyed was Verity all the other romantic Colleen Hoover books i despise and find so predictable and boring.

Reactions: 1
I’m halfway through One True Loves by TJR and I can feel my heart slowly breaking.

It took until about 40% for me to feel like this and now I’m just hoping this second half doesn’t let me down 🙏🏻

Reactions: 5
Can anyone recommend some books for me to take on my hols? I like thrillers (I think!) with a good twist. The last book I read that I enjoyed was Verity all the other romantic Colleen Hoover books i despise and find so predictable and boring.
It's been a while since I read them but I still think Gillian Flynn has written the best thrillers I've read if you haven't already read them, she has 3.

I’m halfway through One True Loves by TJR and I can feel my heart slowly breaking.

It took until about 40% for me to feel like this and now I’m just hoping this second half doesn’t let me down 🙏🏻
I really enjoyed one true loves, and if you haven’t read after I do, then thats also a good one, probably my fave TJR book.

Also im nearly finished with all my mothers. 80% and im liking it a bit more and like adult Eva more. glad i stuck with it

• Heart
Aberdeen council here in Scotland recently annouced they were going to close a number of branches. It was not received well! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-65268948

I think they’re essential public services. It makes me sad councils see them as cost cutting opportunity.
I saw a lot of coverage about on Twitter. Absolutely heart breaking as the library is a life line for rural communities. So sad.

There was a big outcry in Glasgow when they threatened to reduce library services, with reads in organised across the city. Some were "saved" but I've heard many cases of librarian staff leaving and not being replaced 😞

• Sad
I’m pretty open to anything tbh. Although admittedly I’m really in the mood to read A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 😅😅
DO ITTTTT! This is my fave in the series, you’ll love it ❤
---
It was so dull and it didnt help my slump! 🤣 just had no motivation to pick it up!
---

Oo then go for it! Definitely will get you back into reading in no time!

i would then recommend to read the crescent city series as she has a new book out in January 😉
I have ToG and Crescent City series sat on my bookshelf I haven’t mustered up the courage to start them I had such a huge book hangover after finishing ACOTAR 😫

• Heart
ACOTAR is my favourite series ever ❤ I was never a fantasy gal before but these totally converted me. Haven’t found anything I love as much (preferring ToG to Crescent city though)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.