Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

marjan

Chatty Member
I'm listening to the Dutch audiobook of Good Girl Complex by Elle Kennedy and it might be my first 1 star read for this year. This shit is so bad imo 😂😂 it's not even enjoyable smut to listen to 😂

Carapop

VIP Member
Hmmmm, I did not realise this is all about Lucy Barton and the pandemic… not sure how I feel about this! Has anyone else read it? I’m only starting

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I finished Remarkably Bright Creatures. 🐙

It was incredible. Cried my eyes out at the end. Marcellus is one of the most unique fictional characters Ive ever read about.

What an amazing debut novel.
You are so bad for my tbr.
---
Glad you liked it, I really hope she writes some more books as I love the fact it's not over complicated with legal jargon and really gets you thinking.
Exactly, she whittled everything down into simple terms that made it easy to read.

Do you know of any other similar-ish books?

cherrymoon

Chatty Member
I finished Origin by Dan Brown tonight. Not my favourite of his books. I found it too fact heavy but I appreciate the research he must’ve put into it. Gave it 4 stars purely for the second half, could not stop reading!

lizziebrooks1235

I’ve started reading Hooked by Emily McIntire and I’m really enjoying it?! Yeah, I find the writing super cringey, and I personally think the sex scenes could’ve been left out all together, but I’m on page 132 already and I just started it last night 😂 it’s only 384 pages

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
The IT Girl by Ruth Ware is 99p today. I bought it was it was actually on my wish list 😁
Same!

Been hit or miss with thrillers recently. I thought 'Sometimes I Lie' by Alice Feeney was pretty good, but I was hyped for 'Secluded Cabin Sleeps Six' and it was so utterly rubbish.

yeh thats what im Doing, i have zero interest in his gang days or andy 🥱 i want to know what happened to missiles and what the code is

such a shame its so boring compared to the appeal. Now i dont know if i want to read Alperton angels 😩
Ah the ending is the best bit!

Carapop

VIP Member
Yes thats what happened here, out of schedule. I return mine quickly too. Sometimes within a week or less. I wasnt aware you could extend. Handy to know.
Yup yup. Just hit the “renew” button. It should be in red circled bit here but I’ve maxed out on this book!

I am assuming it’s an option in all libraries actually but might not be correct in that!

D0116ACA-AB0B-4CB6-8FCC-0EC98DD3ED30.jpeg

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I was thinking about cancelling my audible as I’ve not been listening to many audiobooks recently. Then I saw there’s going to be a new series of Titting About 😃 Highly recommend that podcast for a laugh

123lee

I’ve just picked up The Memory Wood by Sam Lloyd need a thriller after reading some heavier stuff

Carapop

VIP Member
Agree with this! So so excited for her next out later this year. :love:

Has anyone read Fever by her? It sounds interesting but very different to Ask Again Yes and The Walking People. Just seen that it is going to be a TV series starring Elisabeth Moss.

Amazon product
Oh no! I reserved it on borrow box but then when it was available I wasn’t in the mood. I need someone else to read it for me and tell me what to do!

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Finished Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah (who is a thriller writing machine apparently).

Has anyone else read this? The last page was 😱👀😱 So Kristin and Jeff might have made everything up?? Too many questions!

vanilla cupcakes

VIP Member
Has anyone read All the ugly and wonderful things? It’s been on my list a while and I just got it on audible, it’s included in the membership!