Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Has anyone read All the ugly and wonderful things? It’s been on my list a while and I just got it on audible, it’s included in the membership!
Oh Hi Me (again)

I loved this book and I cannot state enough that had someone told me the premise of the book and outside of this book Id have been like nope. Ick. Disgusting. Hell no.

However the author is so good at making you become invested in the relationships 😭

Prepared to be lynched here. Hate myself for it. 🙊

I listened on audible too

Reactions: 1

Albrouze

Chatty Member
Ten of my wishlist went down to 99p today!

I'm currently reading Things We Never Got Over. Not only is it awful, with the most insufferable and unfanciable MMC, but it's about eleventy thousand pages long for a romance?
I read this a few weeks ago. Pretty much in one sitting as I was in the airport for hours with a delayed flight. I was surprised by how awful it was 😆 and so, so needlessly long.
---
I did not get on with Book Lovers but Ive read over 100 pages of Happy Place today and its much better.

I really didn't like Nora or Charlie or Noras sister tbh. Harriet and Wyn are much better so far 😊
That's good to know. I think I've read two Emily Henry books - Beach Read and People We Meet on Vacation. I didn't particularly enjoy either of them and felt like I was missing whatever the hype was around them.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I loved Summer Sisters - read it multiple times in my teens and always cried and laughed.

I dont think ive read Forever - will add both books to my wish list now!

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
Does anyone know of any books where the main character is a ghost but they/we don’t know they are? In the same vein as The Sixth Sense or The Others. Thanks!

tam

Chatty Member
Currentlt reading Pine by Francine Toon. Anyone read it? Its a slow build but very eerie and atmospheric.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I am really cheeky with borrow box and nearly always extend my loan to max time so I’m not under pressure. I do return the moment I’m finished though. It can be a lovely surprise when you get something earlier than expected but also rather throw out the schedule!
Yes thats what happened here, out of schedule. I return mine quickly too. Sometimes within a week or less. I wasnt aware you could extend. Handy to know.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I’m seeing strange sally diamond EVERYWHERE at the moment but this is the first time it’s been mentioned here! Keep us posted on thoughts please (if you follow through with purchase!)
I shall do :D I probably will but I need to reign it in 🙈
---
I haven't seen On the Savage Side by Tiffany McDaniel (Betty author) talked about much online but I'm just over halfway through it and it is utterly brilliant.

It is a dark and at times very difficult read so do check out the synopsis but oh my it is really beautiful and heartbreaking.

Has anyone else here read it or anyone who plans to read it? Really recommend.
I saw it in Waterstones a few weeks ago actually and did mean to come and talk about it here but toally forgot because Im like Dory. 🙈

mindlessness

VIP Member
One Day made me sob when I read it. I need to re-read.
Oh blimey, I think I re-read it most years 😂 I like reserving December for re-reads. Usually they're Christmas themed but old favourites, like One Day, sneak onto that list too.
Ohh this is a good idea! Suits the cosiness of the season too.

make-mine-whiskey

VIP Member
I've just finished After I Do by TJR which I really enjoyed, probably my favourite of her books. My first book of May is Remarkably Bright Creatures after seeing it talked about on here.
This is my fave from TJR too, RBC is also on my TBR from here, I just also have a lot more on my TBR and I don't know where to start 😂
---
I did not get on with Book Lovers but Ive read over 100 pages of Happy Place today and its much better.

I really didn't like Nora or Charlie or Noras sister tbh. Harriet and Wyn are much better so far 😊
This is good to know! I DNF'd Book Lovers too and Happy Place is a book club read for me. Thank you!

Carapop

VIP Member
10 for me this month. (Well it will be when I finish Fern Bradys memoir this afternoon)

It will mean I will be starting new kindle, audio and physical tomorrow which is nice. Fresh start for the month! :)
how’s the memoir? It’s my work book club read for may!

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Has anyone read Dog Rose Dirt? I am 50 pages in and thoroughly confused. I want to stick with it, but at this point I feel like I need to take notes just to keep the story straight in my head.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I finished Remarkably Bright Creatures today. There’s a lot of love for this book on here, so don’t hate me when I say I found it a bit meh 🫤

OH.FFS

VIP Member
I am not offended haha. I definitely think the books I adore are marmite books. Well most of them, I knoe for a fact the books I shout the loudest about, so many on here have disliked. Beartown being one. Shuggie Bain also.
Loved Shuggie Bain. But Beartown, I started and stopped so many times, even tried the audio. Eventually, gave up on it.

Squiggle

VIP Member
Hey! Just started reading Great Expectations and finding it a struggle atm. Has anyone here read it and is it worth carrying on if I'm not gripped?!