Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
I finished funny you should ask by Elissa Sussman last night and all I can say is Meh
I’ve rated it 2.5 stars, I can usually grasp flashback books easily but because the timelines were so similar it annoyed me 😂

queenamber

VIP Member
Has anyone read any books from the International Booker Prize list :

Boulder by Eva Baltasar

Time Shelter by Georgi Gospodinov

The Gospel According to the New AlWorld by Maryse Condé

Whale by Cheon Myeong-kwan

Standing Heavy by Gauz

Still Born by Guadelope Nettel

I haven't read any but I have added Still Born and Boulder. They are mostly all such books, but not cheap.
I fancy Still Born! Bought it on my Kindle but haven't gotten to it yet

bookworm39

thank you!! i think i’m going to do a purely trash romance month as that’s mainly what i have (so maybe a RomGarbAugust for me) - seems the perfect month to read some trashy books in the sun with a rose tbh 🤣
This might give you some ideas:
He also talks about his definition of "trash"

AllieBee

VIP Member
Just finished The Truth About My Mother which I thought was really good! And now about a third of the way through Secrets of Strangers which is excellent!

CommentBelow

There is a big surprise at the end of the 2nd one so it might be that? I accidentally read a spoiler too so knew it was coming but wasn’t sure when
---

Just finished The Perfect Couple by Hildebrand and really enjoyed it!
Yes, it was that spoiler! I don't mind as much now since I was only 80 pages away from it but didn't fancy reading two books that were building to that.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
You are so bad for my tbr.
---

Exactly, she whittled everything down into simple terms that made it easy to read.

Do you know of any other similar-ish books?
I'm sorry 🙈 but it is really good.

I adored this book and will from now on buy any book that involves an octopus.
😂 Ive had it quite a while and the whole premise I was thinking surely not, wont be my thing.

Marcellus' chapters were not long enough. He was so witty and intelligent. The ending broke me even though I knew it was going to happen. I loved Tova too 🥰

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
I’m so motivated to read but I absolutely can’t pick what book to read next 😂 everything sounds good! I am reading some novellas until I decide.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I absolutely adored ACOTAR series, ACOMAF being my fave! It gave me a book hangover and couldn’t stop thinking about it for months I think it took me 2/3 months to start ACOWAR 😂 I also bought Throne of Glass box set and awaiting delivery of that and also the Crescent City series 😂 I’m in my romantasy era atm
---
Has anyone read The Last Thing He Told Me? The TV series started on Friday on Apple TV 😊
Yes I read it in 2021. It wasnt a terrible book but it won Good Reads thriller of the year that year so I was expecting something amazing and it was bang average. 3.5 stars if Im being generous.

I would give the tv show a go though 😁

capriallie

VIP Member
Ok, I can see the hype around dark romances/romance-fantasy novels. They’re so addicting. I read the first ACOTAR book last year but I feel like I didn’t really give it a chance? Should I give it a re-read? I’m intrigued by the rest of the series now 😂😂
Yesssss deffo carry on! I got more obsessed the more I read

I've been so good since I got KU last month and have only purchased 1 book to date. This midnight sale may change that though 🤣

For those who do have KU, I've read quite a lot from the selection recently and a lot have been 2* reads.

I can, however, recommend the following 👌

The Family at No. 12 by Anita Walker
The Family Across the Street by Nicole Trope
The Surgeon by Leslie Wolfe

Highly, Highly, Highly recommend the following series, they're my absolute favourites.

DCI Tom Douglas series by Rachel Abbott
Det. Gina Harte series by Carla Kovach

I also read Missing Parts by Lucinda Berry and a poster (sorry I should have bookmarked the post) asked for feedback. Well it was a 3* from me and the first of her books that I was quite disappointed with. Some of the book was just appalling and I genuinely hope the situation would never occur in real life. it was the doctor's reaction to the test results proving that the father wasn't her real father. I found it far fetched and disgusting. The book also felt disjointed and some elements were never explained properly.
Ohhh I'm really intrigued to read The Family Across the Street... it sounds very twisty.
Family at No. 12 was great but let down by a rushed ending, I thought.