Books #13 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unlucky number 13! Can't believe we are here, such a lovely supportive bunch of people!

Previous thread below.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My fave thread ❤

I’m currently reading number 19 in the Charlie Parker series by John Connolly. I absolutely love these books.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Love a new book thread 😍

I’m flying through It Starts With Us and so far it hasn’t let me down. Just like Reminders of Him, I love the audio narration 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Really enjoying the prison healer series. If you enjoy acotar series this is definitely up your street.

Finished the first 2 in less than a week and now started the third

I'm starting book no 108 later and it's a Christmas one called Let it Snow by Beth Moran.

My Kindle Unlimited free subscription ends on January 2nd so I'm cramming in as many as I can before then. Discovered that Valerie Keogh writes a decent story through KU. Actually I really hope they offer me 3 months for 99p when I cancel cause there are a few books from a series I like being released in February.

Reactions: 3
“Bessie, if you try on a dress and you don’t immediately want to parade outside the dressing room and show it off to everyone in the store, take it off and forget it ever existed.”

ugh it was so lovely a read, warm and adorable (if a little privileged in places but there were no silver spoons here, all success was hard earned)

8A116E61-D9B4-41DC-94B9-849021D2C7EC.jpeg
84D82E13-F99C-479A-B0F4-CE76FAA3A749.jpeg

Reactions: 15
I started the Maid by Nita Prose last night and am really enjoying it. It's a bit different, but the writing is nice and I'm quite intrigued. Already nearly halfway through as its not a hard read. Only downside is its a hardback as passed on from my mum, but train strikes mean no commute this week so reading in bed and on the sofa rather than the train and don't have to carry it about.

Reactions: 5
I started the Maid by Nita Prose last night and am really enjoying it. It's a bit different, but the writing is nice and I'm quite intrigued. Already nearly halfway through as its not a hard read. Only downside is its a hardback as passed on from my mum, but train strikes mean no commute this week so reading in bed and on the sofa rather than the train and don't have to carry it about.
Thoroughly enjoyed the book and there's a sequel due in the New Year.

Reactions: 2
I'm still reading The Goldfinch. 😂 About 500 pages in. It's holding my interest which is impressive considering the length. I've noticed that Donna Tartt's books feel as though they're set in some bygone era, maybe around the 1920s? This one, for example, is meant to take place in the 1990s onwards, but I kept imagining Gilded Age New York, then getting a surprise when there's a pop culture reference lol.

Reactions: 6
I have just read the bonus chapter of Verity! Anyone else read it? What did you think??

Reactions: 1
Thoroughly enjoyed the book and there's a sequel due in the New Year.
Oh great! I finished it this morning and really enjoyed it. It definitely didn't go where I thought it might and I just found Molly such a nice character. Gave me Eleanor Oliphant vibes a bit.

I'm still reading The Goldfinch. 😂 About 500 pages in. It's holding my interest which is impressive considering the length. I've noticed that Donna Tartt's books feel as though they're set in some bygone era, maybe around the 1920s? This one, for example, is meant to take place in the 1990s onwards, but I kept imagining Gilded Age New York, then getting a surprise when there's a pop culture reference lol.
i love the goldfinch so much!

but i get the exact same vibes - i think it’s a combination of her writing style and also the details she chooses to focus on. i remember reading the secret history and being mindblown when someone pulled out a mobile phone. i’d been reading thinking it was set in the 50s at the latest 🤣

i’ve finally finished a court of mist and fury after putting it to one side for a bit and the amount that sarah mass packs into the last few pages of her books is crazy. i had to read the last confrontation twice 🤣

as a tamlin girl i’m not sure how i felt about the abrupt about turn tbh. feyre changed her emotions so quickly that i found it tricky, especially as we’d spent so long getting to know the spring court in the last book. i’m not fully on board with rhys yet but i can also see they’re better suited. i hope the next one has more lucien though.

Reactions: 4
i love the goldfinch so much!

but i get the exact same vibes - i think it’s a combination of her writing style and also the details she chooses to focus on. i remember reading the secret history and being mindblown when someone pulled out a mobile phone. i’d been reading thinking it was set in the 50s at the latest 🤣

i’ve finally finished a court of mist and fury after putting it to one side for a bit and the amount that sarah mass packs into the last few pages of her books is crazy. i had to read the last confrontation twice 🤣

as a tamlin girl i’m not sure how i felt about the abrupt about turn tbh. feyre changed her emotions so quickly that i found it tricky, especially as we’d spent so long getting to know the spring court in the last book. i’m not fully on board with rhys yet but i can also see they’re better suited. i hope the next one has more lucien though.
On the subject of ACOTAR, i didnt enjoy the first ine that much. I thought it was quite overrated but continued with the series nonetheless. I am now on A Court of Silver Flames and thoroughly love them haha

Just saw this on Facebook, what a cool idea! Although my measly 23 wouldn’t look as good 😆
0A86218F-BBFF-4E23-B13D-84EC6883A0BE.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
On the subject of ACOTAR, i didnt enjoy the first ine that much. I thought it was quite overrated but continued with the series nonetheless. I am now on A Court of Silver Flames and thoroughly love them haha
they’re not my usual thing AT ALL but i really enjoyed the first one (i think it was exactly what i needed to read in the moment) and liked the second one just as much. i do find feyre is the least interesting (or most irritating) character in her own books though 🤣

i’m excited for silver flames because i know it’s about nesta and she’s awesome!

they’re not my usual thing AT ALL but i really enjoyed the first one (i think it was exactly what i needed to read in the moment) and liked the second one just as much. i do find feyre is the least interesting (or most irritating) character in her own books though 🤣

i’m excited for silver flames because i know it’s about nesta and she’s awesome!
Yeh I know there is a lot of hate for silver flames but I'm loving it! Feyre is my least favourite too haha

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.