Books #13 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve never done this before but I’m clearing out my Kindle! I used to be awful for downloading any old freebie so my kindle is full of years worth of dross that doesn’t interest me and I won’t read. Of course it isn’t an excuse to buy more books… 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve never done this before but I’m clearing out my Kindle! I used to be awful for downloading any old freebie so my kindle is full of years worth of dross that doesn’t interest me and I won’t read. Of course it isn’t an excuse to buy more books… 👀
The best thing I ever did for the storage on my Kindle was start ignoring the First Read freebies! I’d download them cos thy were free but then never read them because I’d always choose something I really wanted to read or things that had been recommended instead. They weren’t worth the storage space anymore!

Reactions: 7
The best thing I ever did for the storage on my Kindle was start ignoring the First Read freebies! I’d download them cos thy were free but then never read them because I’d always choose something I really wanted to read or things that had been recommended instead. They weren’t worth the storage space anymore!
It‘s weirdly satisfying to do! I’ve had my Kindle for over 10 years so theres so much I‘m not interested in reading. They used to do a lot of freebies and 20p deals back in the day.

Reactions: 1
I cleared my kindle out last year and it only has the books I want to read on it.

A book on my wishlist is on the daily deals today, Hidden Pictures. Not usually my type of read but saw some great reviews of it.

Check this out! Amazon product

Reactions: 3
I went into the content section on my account on the Amazon website and selected the ones I wanted to delete. It then synced with my kindle. There could be a quicker way to do it but it worked for me.

I cleared my kindle out last year and it only has the books I want to read on it.

A book on my wishlist is on the daily deals today, Hidden Pictures. Not usually my type of read but saw some great reviews of it.

This looks like it could be good! I’ve just cleared out my kindle, why are you tempting me? 😩 😂

Ooh this was on my wishlist as well! I picked it up, it won its category in the goodreads awards and I find the winners there are generally pretty good.

Ooh this was on my wishlist as well! I picked it up, it won its category in the goodreads awards and I find the winners there are generally pretty good.
I read it earlier in the year and found it good but a bit overly hyped on book booktok and a few Facebook pages I'm on

Reactions: 2
I started 'My Grandmother sends her regards and apologies'

I probably should have read it prior to Britt Marie Was Here. I didnt realise it came first.

I feel like its going to break my heart.

ooo love this question!

tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow (inspired by this thread 🤣)
trespasses by louise kennedy (i remember someone here, maybe @Caffeine Fiend, saying wonderful things about it and then it was mentioned in the times books of the year)

i’m going on holiday to the us in early feb and have a long flight both ways so asked my sister to gather up some nice romances for plane and poolside reading, so also have some mystery reads to open!
I took up the recommendation from this thread and truly loved this book.it’s in my top 5 of the year

• Heart
What's everyone planning on reading over Betwixmas?

I'm eyeing up The Crimson Petal and the White. I fancy something long and historical!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I'm eyeing up The Crimson Petal and the White. I fancy something long and historical!
i LOVE the crimson petal and the white! what a book - and a great decadent historical read. hope you enjoy it!

i haven’t quite decided but i like the idea of a long and historical book too. i’ve owned the other bennett sister for a while so might read that.

• Heart

I’m thinking of reading Midnight in Everwood (it’s a nutcracker retelling) but would also like to start on Priory of the Orange Tree - those 800 pages are intimidating though!

This is quite possibly one of my favourite books of all time 🤩 There's also a sequel called The Apple, which is a short story collection. I'd recommend Michel Faber's debute short story collection, This Rain Must Fall, as well. A world apart from The Crimson Petal but truly terrific read.

To answer the OP, I'm going to try and finish off some of my WIP. I've been trying to read The Trees and do enjoy it when I pick it up. But Life has just been too busy recently to enjoy. I've also got Animal and Black and British on my list. Although I doubt I'll finish the later before the end of 2022!

• Heart
This is quite possibly one of my favourite books of all time 🤩 There's also a sequel called The Apple, which is a short story collection. I'd recommend Michel Faber's debute short story collection, This Rain Must Fall, as well. A world apart from The Crimson Petal but truly terrific read.

To answer the OP, I'm going to try and finish off some of my WIP. I've been trying to read The Trees and do enjoy it when I pick it up. But Life has just been too busy recently to enjoy. I've also got Animal and Black and British on my list. Although I doubt I'll finish the later before the end of 2022!
I'd be interested to hear what you think of The Trees when you're finished.

I read it for my bookclub earlier in the year and it had very mixed opinions!

Hi all,
Been following for a while but never commented. I’m in charge of reading in a secondary school so I’m trying to read more YA. I’ve started reading ‘A Thousand Boy Kisses’ and I’m scared it’s going to depress me before Christmas!

Reactions: 6
I am currently reading razorblade tears, not sure its the happiest of books to be reading during the festive period 🤣 but quite enjoying it atm.

Hi all,
Been following for a while but never commented. I’m in charge of reading in a secondary school so I’m trying to read more YA. I’ve started reading ‘A Thousand Boy Kisses’ and I’m scared it’s going to depress me before Christmas!
I actually didnt find this that sad, I thought I would, everyone told me I would but I didnt. I feel like I didnt care much for the female character. The ending absolutely ruined the whole book for me. I think youl be fine for Christmas!

I am currently reading razorblade tears, not sure its the happiest of books to be reading during the festive period 🤣 but quite enjoying it atm.
I read this in January. It was amazing. I really loved it. The developing relationship between Ike and Buddy Lee is heart warming. Ike's character development too.

Id quite happily re-read this one I think. Feel like the themes throughout the book are so powerful, topical and important too.

• Heart
Hi all,
Welcome. This is a lovely group. We don't always have the same opinions on our book choices, but it's still always respectful. Be warned, your tbr pile will grow... 😂

Reactions: 9
I started a new book earlier this month and haven't picked up my kindle since. I am hoping I will be able to finish it off before the end of the year. I have a break inbetween Christmas and New Year which should be perfect for reading time!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.