Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Im 5 cocktails in but Happy New Year book lovers 🥰❤

I check in on this thread most days and I do credit it for pushing me back into reading in 2021 which continued into 2022. Cannot wait for another year of reading and our little community 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Carapop

VIP Member
Folks, I’ve had the shittiest of years, but books and my bookish pals here have been such a source of comfort.

thank you for welcoming me into your community, for allowing discourse and debate and being possibly the most respectful thread on tattle!

I’m off to bed with my book, looking forward to tomorrow’s fresh deals and the chance to share our recommendations in 2023 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
i’m imagining amazon being like “we’re worried about caffeine fiend, she hasn’t bought ANY books this year” and then deliberately trying to entice you back 🤣

i would say don’t cave you’re doing so well but 30% off is a bargain 😇

Exactly this 😅 we use the same Chinese takeaway Very frequently and hadnt called for a few weeks and when I next called they said they were worried about us 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 23

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
Thanks to those who gave V suggestions for the A-Z challenge, I’m gonna go with my My Dark Vanessa. Still got a few to fill but hopefully will find something

Anyway said I wasn’t going to buy anymore books but if you believed me then more fool you 😂
7F097768-CEC4-4CEF-B8D0-D8DF4BC378C8.jpeg
0B1B0AFB-A91D-4945-ADF2-ABF05D242822.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

queenamber

VIP Member
Agreed, this is the best thread on Tattle ❤

I’ve had a shitter of a year but it’s so nice to know there’s always good books to comfort or distract us. Can’t wait to see what everyone else loves reading in 2023.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Merry Christmas book lovers.

Thank you for another amazing year, you have no idea how much this thread has spurred me on through some really tough times this year.

I got my copy of Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow and its just beautiful.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Folks, I’ve had the shittiest of years, but books and my bookish pals here have been such a source of comfort.

thank you for welcoming me into your community, for allowing discourse and debate and being possibly the most respectful thread on tattle!

I’m off to bed with my book, looking forward to tomorrow’s fresh deals and the chance to share our recommendations in 2023 ❤
lovely @Carapop - thank you for bringing your lovely positive energy here (it always makes me happy to see you!) - sending you so much love and good vibes for 2023! 💙

and that goes for everyone! love! vibes! books! happy new year 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Booklover

VIP Member
Best thread on Tattle. 💯 :love: Thank you fellow booklovers and @Caffeine Fiend for the yearly round up template and the A-Z idea and for all the great suggestions this year and for everyone that respectfully agrees and disagrees with each other's reading choices.
Finished Early Morning Riser by Katherine Heiny yesterday. Absolutely loved it. Highly recommend it to my fellow Anne Tyler and Elizabeth Strout fans.
Powering through Everyone is Still Alive. This is going to be my E read. Loving it.
Happy New Year all. Xx

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I am in the most reading slump of reading slumps. Had a lot going on in real life, but usually I carry on reading because it is like a holiday in my head.

Have gone back to re-read My Name is Lucy Barton because it is lovely and cosy and not too long, hopefully that kick starts my reading again. I miss books.

Read the book club book but that is it.

• Heart
  • Sad

ToolaRoola

VIP Member
Hi folks,

I've been reading this thread for a while but thought I'd wait for a new year to jump in and join.

I'd promised myself no more buying books this year until I worked my way through what I have - I purchased 3 on Kindle yesterday and my friend gave me about 8 today!

I read 37 books in 2022 so aiming for 40 this year at the moment.

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
We’re two days into 2023 and I’ve already read two books: Tomorrow, And Tomorrow, And Tomorrow and Life Before Man. A good start!

• Heart

fudgebox

VIP Member
Just saw this on Facebook, what a cool idea! Although my measly 23 wouldn’t look as good 😆
0A86218F-BBFF-4E23-B13D-84EC6883A0BE.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

nbt

VIP Member
If anyone is wanting to read Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow, the kindle version is currently 99p. I think there’ll be a few of us 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Smca53

VIP Member
8FBF7CE2-A221-485A-B0F1-7A42090D3E34.jpeg

Thanks Amazon, I genuinely hadn’t noticed as I haven’t got round to it yet 😅 (these things never happen to me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
Hey everyone! I've enjoyed reading these threads but haven't joined in until now! I'm 4 books into 2023 out of my goal of 40 :)

I've just finished Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, it was bought for me as a gift ages ago and I can't lie, the Tik Tok hype put me off reading it :oops: TJR is a beautiful writer and I was surprised by how much I liked it, sometimes the tik tok hype is worth it.

• Heart

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Happy New Year to the lovelies bunch of Tattlers. This is only the thread where we can disagree and it not end up in a total binfest of 23 pages telling us we are wrong.

Thank you for always adding to my tbr, for encouraging purchasess and just down right sharing great recommendations. For keeping me sane, I have now been in hospital for 538 days and the book recommendations here have truly kept me on an even keel so thank you. 🙏🏻

Lets hope we have another year of great reading. I am trying to not buy any books. I repeat, I will not be buying any new books. I did however recieve a significant Waterstones gift card for Christmas I went through your 5* reads of 2022 and picked the ones I haven't read, plus Tomorrow x 3 which I have on the Kindle but the hard back is so pretty I had to get that. I still have a lot of money on the gift card but that doesn't count as me buying books.

Here's to 2023, more wonderful books and this brilliant thread.

Attachments

• Heart