Books #13 Reading Chats.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
on the ACOTAR talk, agree Feyre isnt all that, I mean she is the heroine and you’re meant to like her but I loved Nesta and LOVED silver flames. Probably my favourite book of the series. That character building is great in that

Reactions: 3
on the ACOTAR talk, agree Feyre isnt all that, I mean she is the heroine and you’re meant to like her but I loved Nesta and LOVED silver flames. Probably my favourite book of the series. That character building is great in that
it’s tough because they’re first person too and so you’re in her head really, and it’s so annoying sometimes 🤣 she is a believable character and her actions (apart from the abrupt changes of opinion) always made sense to me, but that doesn’t make her any less irritating.

i love almost all of the other characters too, so it’s a shame the heroine is the weak link. i can’t wait to read with nesta as the lead instead.

Reactions: 1
Looking for an easy fast read. I have guests, so I don’t want to be anti social but I’d also like the distraction

I was just thinking All The Small Things by Claire Keegan is a short powerful read and set at Christmas 😊

Reactions: 8
I was just thinking All The Small Things by Claire Keegan is a short powerful read and set at Christmas 😊
I’ve just put this on my Amazon Wish List as it’s cropping up on loads of peoples Best Books of the Year lists. However I’m tight so I’m not paying full novel price for something that’s less than 100 pages! It’ll have to wait til and offer comes along. 😂

I’ve just put this on my Amazon Wish List as it’s cropping up on loads of peoples Best Books of the Year lists. However I’m tight so I’m not paying full novel price for something that’s less than 100 pages! It’ll have to wait til and offer comes along. 😂
Yes I bought it on a 99p deal I think only because it made the Booker Long List and I fancied it.

Okay its actually called Small Things Like These 🤣

Reactions: 2
it’s tough because they’re first person too and so you’re in her head really, and it’s so annoying sometimes 🤣 she is a believable character and her actions (apart from the abrupt changes of opinion) always made sense to me, but that doesn’t make her any less irritating.

i love almost all of the other characters too, so it’s a shame the heroine is the weak link. i can’t wait to read with nesta as the lead instead.
ACOTAR really benefits from a re-read. I spotted SO many things on the second read (after having read ACOMAF) that gave me a whole new appreciation for how the story unfolded, and also made me like Feyre a lot more, as I absolutely bloody hated her on the first go through.

Reactions: 4
A few months back I was disappointed with the first Will Carver book I’d read.

Well yesterday I started listening to Good Samaritans and was completely gripped by it. I listened to about 8 hours in one day 😅 (my partner went to bed early feeling ill so after my son went to bed I curled up with the pup and spent the night listening!)

It’s a bit smutty 😏 but I do recommend.

I’m going to start the first of my Alex Pine Christmas thriller trilogy tonight 🎅🏼

ETA - the first chapter starts “Friday December 16th” 😁

Last edited:
A nosey one from me. What book has everyone asked for as a Christmas present? I've asked for Everyone is Still Alive by Cathy Rentzenbrink.

• Heart
A nosey one from me. What book has everyone asked for as a Christmas present? I've asked for Everyone is Still Alive by Cathy Rentzenbrink.
ooo love this question!

tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow (inspired by this thread 🤣)
trespasses by louise kennedy (i remember someone here, maybe @Caffeine Fiend, saying wonderful things about it and then it was mentioned in the times books of the year)

i’m going on holiday to the us in early feb and have a long flight both ways so asked my sister to gather up some nice romances for plane and poolside reading, so also have some mystery reads to open!

• Heart
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow. 🤣🙈

My mum dropped off my presents and one is book shaped so I assume its that 🥰

ooo love this question!

trespasses by louise kennedy (i remember someone here, maybe @Caffeine Fiend, saying wonderful things about it and then it was mentioned in the times books of the year)

i’m going on holiday to the us in early feb and have a long flight both ways so asked my sister to gather up some nice romances for plane and poolside reading, so also have some mystery reads to open!
Yes its a great book. Depressing and bleak and grey but I liked it 🤣

• Heart
ooo love this question!

Trespasses is beautiful.

• Heart
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow. 🤣🙈

My mum dropped off my presents and one is book shaped so I assume its that 🥰

Yes its a great book. Depressing and bleak and grey but I liked it 🤣
i thought it was you! this just makes me look more forward to it 💙

and i love seeing book shaped presents. it’s just the willpower of not opening them for a week now 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Screenshot_20221217_163618.jpg

Nicola Sturgeon has published her books of the year. I've either read most of them or have them on my wish list. Would love to be in her book group (not a SNP member but am a fan of Oor Nicola!). AND she has Tresspasses on her list which makes me wonder if she's a secret Tattler lurker 🙊

• Heart
I have asked for Helena Dixon's Kitty Underhay Murder Mystery books as I currently have six of them but I would like the whole series so I have asked for the other four that I don't have, plus I really enjoyed the one that I did read as it was hard to predict the murderer and when it was revealed it came as a massive surprise.

I haven't asked for a specific book but told my husband to get a Penguin clothbound of his choice for me. He has an english degree and loves the classics but doesn't read at all haha. Every now and then he recommends a book which I enjoy. The last being animal farm.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.